liquidfire

Newbie question :Jumping in europe

Ok, bear with me here, but I'm 18 and I will be going with my friend to France, Amsterdam, Italy, and Switzerland this next summer. My friend claims that it will be rediculously expensive to skydive while I hope It will be cheap. The thing is that neither of us has ever gone skydiving and this trip will be a virginal experience. I was just wondering how much it might cost or where it will be the cheapest or the best. Much appreciated:)

All of the pricing I've seen seems to indicate that Scandinavia is competitive with US prices, eastern Europe (especially Russia) is cheaper, and everywhere else is more expensive.

We are in Kiev capital of Ukraine have ticket price to 13000 feet around USD 8.00. The price for tandem jump is around USD 100 and depands on dropzone.
We jump from turbolet L-410 and An-24.

All of the pricing I've seen seems to indicate that Scandinavia is competitive with US prices, eastern Europe (especially Russia) is cheaper, and everywhere else is more expensive.

That's right. Remember though that everything else besides jumping is ridiculously expensive in Scandinavia (e.g. jumping and a few drinks in any public restaurant, pub or bar don't go together very well, if your finances are limited.[:/]).

I jumped at Vamdrup, DK in september and both the jump tickets (20 ¤) and the beer (about 2 or 3 ¤ - can't remember exactly:)) were quite inexpensive, measured by German standards.
FYI I sure as hell recommend visiting any of the Scandinavian countries. I met some of the nicest people this planet has to offer while travelling Scandinavia.:)

I'm moving to Europe so I did some research. Fuel prices are much higher there. In Germany and Switzerland it will cost about $30 USD to altitude, depending on DZ. And the trains are the cheapest way to get around. Just don't play THE UGLY AMERICAN saying how much better things are in the US.
Until you've stepped out at 800' in the dead of night with 100 lbs of chute and equipment.. you haven't jumped. AIRBORNE !

Ok, bear with me here, but I'm 18 and I will be going with my friend to France, Amsterdam, Italy, and Switzerland this next summer. My friend claims that it will be rediculously expensive to skydive while I hope It will be cheap. The thing is that neither of us has ever gone skydiving and this trip will be a virginal experience. I was just wondering how much it might cost or where it will be the cheapest or the best. Much appreciated:)

i guess it really depends on what type of jump you are wanting to do. if its solo's its advisable to get the appropriate training and licence first, unless you plan on stopping near a dz long enough to do it all. (approx price £1000+ and dont forget the consol jumps (may also depend on the countries variations of the courses))

if its tandem your after, i'd say that your unlikely to get anything for below the equivelent of £185 per jump. and if your wanting a video also then u will have to consider the cost of putting a cameraman in the sky, erm... if i remember rightly it is around £70 at hibby in the uk, but not sure about other countries.

hope that helps:P
if it doesnt just tell me and ill refrain from posting until completely sober (i love xmas)

CrazyDave

Here in holland, jump prices are around 20 to 25 euro's for 12.000/15.000 ft (depending on which dropzone you're going to)

It's expensive yea....The money that got me +-260 jumps this year would probably have gotten me close to 400 in the USA [:/]
JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?

Yep, if you want to learn to skydive and do solo jumps all around Europe - you should do AFF at home and then hire gear/jump abroad. The only downside is that with low jump numbers and no gear of your own it might, *maybe*, raise a complication or two, especially if there is also a language barrier - email before you go.

If you want to learn skydiving for real, I know Gap in France does a damn good deal (PM me) as I did mine there! However, it will give you either the UK and/or the French A-License, not the USPA one.

I'm recommending Gap as there is an english speaking instructor there, the hire rigs are pretty damn good and brand new and there is loads more outdoors type activities to do in the vicinity.

If all you want to do is a tandem then they will be much more expensive than in the US. But you're only really meant to do one tandem because they are really just 'ride' - so pick somewhere with amazing visuals. Gap in the French Alps comes to mind, as does Empuria in Spain. I hear there is also a DZ by lake Geneva - which must look great too. Get video, you won't regret it!

On another note, you won't have any problems getting served in bars on this side of the pond! :)
Mike

---------------------------------------
Ex-University of Bristol Skydiving Club
www.skydivebristoluni.com

In Sweden a jump ticket is around 19 USD. There are discounts available. Last year I jumped at an average of 12 USD per jump. I some places you can even buy a "one year jump ticket". At my DZ it costs about 2100 USD, and you get to do as many jumps as you want during a year. Some guys do 300 - 400 jumps on those tickets, then we are talking 5 USD per jump.

I haven't heard of any DZ in the US that can compete with that!

neither of us has ever gone skydiving and this trip will be a virginal experience.***

If that's the case then unless you intend trying a tandem skydive[cost's vary though not by much dz to dz]then you'll need to get trained 1000usd+ for a'A' license..
.CHOP WOOD COLLECT WATER.