Skylark

Adrenalin Rush IMAX, the movie

(My impression of that phone call)
"Hello? my name is Norm Petersen, I represent over 100 skydivers in the Bristol area."

"We want to come to your theater as a group and watch a movie.."

(click)

"Hello? Hello? is anyone there?";)

If I ran the theater I wouldn't want a group of 100 skydivers anywhere near it :)

"Nothing is written"- T.E. Lawrence

There's a few postings on it. Do a search and enjoy. I'd like to have a 60 foot screen to show skydiving on. It was ok, nothing special other than the IMAX format (which makes it worth seeing).

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

about 20 of us were invited by Syracuse IMAX (at the M.O.S.T.) - they asked us to the VIP Premiere (they obviously didn't know us very well).

Most people enjoyed it, the cinematography is stunning, the premise lame (don't tell me why I skydive, I'll tell you!) and the tie in with Leonardo's design is sketchy. Sure Adrian flies the design, but Leonardo's original thoery was "and shall land without harm" and I'd have paid good money top see anyone try and land that!!!!!!!!!
Pete Draper,

Just because my life plan is written on the back of a Hooter's Napkin, it's still a life plan.... right?

yup! I saw it in Rochester, NY. Pretty good. It doesn't cover Skydiving as a sport, rather it uses Skydiving and Base jumping as a backdrop to talk about the science behind risk. Though in the middle it goes of on a tangent from it's main theme to cover the experiment on Leonarod De Vinci's parachute model. I would rate it as good and a should see, specially for the bit that covers BASE. The theme was interesting from the point of view of people who want to understand why we take the risk. The Skydiving footage wasn't all that grand. But then again, the movie wasn't really about Skydiving. It was just using it for the backdrop. It could have used rock climbing and made the same point.

Saw it on Saturday and I thought it was pretty good. The IMAX format definitely makes you feel like you are "right there" on the edge of the cliff at some parts IMO. Hope you get to see it...

I think when Jesus said "love your enemy" he probably meant don't kill them.

I've seen the movie several times. My buddy is the producer....we used to race motocross and supercross together.

I've been to the world premiere and a private viewing before the release....I love it. My instructors Mario and Martin are the guys who jump off the cliff in Norway.

My buddy Carl (the producer) is the one who got me started in skydiving. He calls me up one day and says "Dude, you know what I just did....I just jumped off a freakin plane.".....now I cant stop !

We should all send him emails, asking him to make a movie only about skydiving.

Blue Skies

If at first you don't succeed....then Skydiving is not for you!

I've seen the movie several times. My buddy is the producer....we used to race motocross and supercross together.

I've been to the world premiere and a private viewing before the release....I love it. My instructors Mario and Martin are the guys who jump off the cliff in Norway.

My buddy Carl (the producer) is the one who got me started in skydiving. He calls me up one day and says "Dude, you know what I just did....I just jumped off a freakin plane.".....now I cant stop !

We should all send him emails, asking him to make a movie only about skydiving.

Blue Skies

I want to know what it was like jumping that cliff with the Imax camera on his chest (looked like he went really head low). Heather and I saw it at Six Flags Great America and we both started laughing when you saw the wide stance needed to hold up the camera as he walked to the cliff.

Hey Tigra - did you notice how much of a camera geek Dave Brown was in that?;)