dkf1979

Quitting, it's just too dangerous.

Yep. I've thought about it. I read about it. I weighed the pros and cons. And it just doesn't seem worth it. I have a family to think about. Sure it's enjoyable. But I've come to the conclusion after reading and seeing all the close calls, and crashes. To many things to worry about. Not enough personal pleasure to keep it up. I'd like to say sorry to a bunch of people. I've read to many threads and there are many more less dangerous things to do. Yep, I'm going to give up driving. Just going to stick to safer hobbies, such as skydiving. :S:D:P;):)
http://bodypilot.bounceme.net

Okay, I must admit. . .you had me going there. . .

TOO FUNNY. . .I am giving up walking across the street. . .WAY too dangerous. . .
FGF #6
Darcy

Ya, I've found that no limit texas hold'em is cheaper and a good distraction if you need to replace the aldrenalin rush. I'm not quitting though, just grounded for the winter.
Life is ez
On the dz
Every jumper's dream
3 rigs and an airstream

Damn, suckered me in too. And here I thought I was smarter than the average bear. Oh wait skydivers as a group are smarter than the average bear so that means that . . . oh okay I can live with that.:P

Glad to hear you gave up such unsafe activity. I just recently gave up peeing standing up. It is one of the most dangerous activities. There is the splatter effect, then there's the fact that npo matter how hard you shake it the last few drops always seem to run down your pants and then there's this whole toilet seat issue. My wife threatened me with a shotgun to the groin so that I would not be ABLE to pee standing up. This highrisk activity is not worth it and I am giving it up.

Finally, someone who gets the Ralph Nader referrence: "Unsafe at any Speed"... I don't think I'll stop driving (just byy a $250 junker) but I do think I'm gonna sell my car to buy a rig. It's the only way I'll possibly get to do what I want.

Never go to a DZ strip show.

No joke. A couple months ago I was coming home from the DZ on a Sunday night, and some kid in his daddy's oversized SUV blew through a red light and broadsided me. Almost totalled my car. If I was half a second slower the results could have been permanent.

As for dangerous, risky behaviour I no longer engage in...

1 Having sex with someone I don't know.
2 Scrapping with my cat when drunk. He Will Win.