RkyMtnHigh

Buckled Under Pressure

ok...so I graduated from AFF in Eloy...need to do a few solos, coach jumps, and targeted landings and move onto my A b4 Mardi Gras Boogie! My parents are soooo proud of their baby, Katee!:) They know the lingo and my 62 yo mom is dying to get her closing pin necklance! How kuhl is THAT?!B|

It's been a long road for me to complete AFF bc of weather in Colorado, but it's finally done. I have never felt so confident, so comfortable in the sky, and so free!:)...so I celebrate that I'm still alive and kickin' (ask Kreg!). My JMs at Eloy were awesome! THANK YOU GREG, TIM and RON! You all ROCK! I'll never forget when I had the lightbulb moment with Tim on L5 and L6...he said "hey lets change this TLO stuff up a bit and instead, lets exit and play chase and follow the leader"...he tapped into my learning style, took the pressure off..and made it fun! We played chase! Track and dock, flip and play! YAY!!!:PB|..and it was awesome and on L6, he grinned ear to ear as he was sit flying around me and thumbs up! Tim said that I was the funniest AFF student he's ever seen! (not sure why) and on L7, I was pretty much solo..Ron was doing her landing pattern by the time I was pulling at 4 grand (fall rate)..it was my best, most perfect dive EVER! I played and did it all and felt so comfortable. In my log book, she wrote that she'd feel comfortable flying with me any day bc of my comfort and control! YAY! B|
So now to the funny part...on my repeat of L5 (had alot of repeats=experience!) I flared 8 ft too high and my canopy nosedove to the ground in the desert and I got massive facial wounds.(still deep owies) ..so my nickname in Eloy became "bruiser"...but in all fun I replyed "you should see the other guy!"LOL! I'm a tough cookie..no tears! Just laughter..it was so worth it! It's all part of the learning curve, right!? I will never forget the awesome experience in Eloy...and Betsey!...I will be back!:P;) You all made me feel so at home and the week was such a welcomed distraction from the mega crap-ola at home. THANKS ALL! **sniff sniff* I really didn't want it to end...:(

It's really ok...i'm not skeered at all...I have had such a full life..and have done all I've wanted to do...I've lived my life to the fullest! My mission in life was to make a positive impact in the lives of others..and with the MS patients they've changed my life!

I think I was on a load with you. Were you the one talking about the guy falling into the fire the night before on the ride up and that you grind your teeth sometimes? If so, I was the guy in the wingsuit accross from you with the nervous looking guy in a wingsuit next to you. Glad you had fun regardless:)
"It's just skydiving..additional drama is not required"
Some people dream about flying, I live my dream
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

I think I was on a load with you. Were you the one talking about the guy falling into the fire the night before on the ride up and that you grind your teeth sometimes? If so, I was the guy in the wingsuit accross from you with the nervous looking guy in a wingsuit next to you. Glad you had fun regardless:)

OMG...How funny is THAT?! We were on that load together! I remember!:P;) I'm a biter/grinder.. yeah...we were talking about R2...Martin and I had a tough night worrying about him. He had reasons why he didn't want an ambulance called and he had 3rd degree burns and we didn't have a choice. Then when the Flight for Life helicopter didn't leave for 20-30 minutes after putting in his IV, we became concerned and walked over to see if we could help. R2 fell into the fire while showing me his dick tattoo on his back and he wobbled into the fire..huge chunks of fire bits were buried into his back and his elbow needed skin grafts. I felt his pain..seriously! It shouldn't have happened, but atleast we got him to the place he needed to be for recovery and treatment. Perhaps next year if he comes to Eloy Holiday Boogie, he'll mellow out a bit.

And not one shout-out to your TM...tisk tisk tisk, you know HE made it all possible!

Congrats, now lets get some coach dives in.

Giddyup Jeremy! It's "down hill" he he he ...from here, right!:P;)B| You'd be so proud! I've gone from ghosty pale skeered OH SHIT MOMENT to launchin out like a champ! Oh BTW...your new avatar is much better than the GQ you had!B|

Congrats! I think you need to spend some time in Elsinore to finish up your A license and we can check off the items left on your proficiency card.>:(:ph34r:B|

Speaking of proficiency card..I actually got my packing proficiency out of the way on Saturday...so I'm on my way to completing my A!

Yo RkyMtnHigh, Alot of people miss Scotty and I think a hell of alot of people are going to miss you when your gone. I've never actually met you but you seem to be from your picture a very pretty woman. Someone has to be very lucky because not only are you pretty but I find you from your post to be very exuberant, to have a awesome attitude and smart to bat. You seem to be on terms with whatever you are dealing with and I sincerely wish you a long healthy, happy and productive life with major helpings of love.

BUT ENOUGH OF THAT! YOUR STILL HERE;)! And obviously having a kickass time learning to skydive.... Just about everyone of us has taken a tumble, sounds like you did yours with plenty of style:P:D. Wish I could've been there with y'all.

ChileRelleno-Rodriguez Bro#414
Hellfish#511,MuffBro#3532,AnvilBro#9, D24868

I miss him so much and will join him soon***

.... :)
............no need to "join him"... as long as your Missing of him,,, holds him near and dear to you..:)I can tell from the energy of your posts... that skydiving will grow to mean a great deal to you...in fact it already DOES,,,,, ( how nice that your Mom is so proud of you....)..:);).
. Begin to look at jumping, as a new form of
self-expression for what appears to be a
fantastic personality... you may be surprised to find that you may be intended to give MORE to skydiving than it will give to you.....:o ;).
We have never met... we are on different sides of the country,,,, but I know you,,,, you seem to have the heart of a skydiver,, you will prosper... and my wish is that you are around,,, for decades to come,, not years.....
Remember R M H . when we clear the door of an aircraft while on jump run.... we are not jumping OUT a door..... we are jumping IN a door..we exit INTO the world of human flight.....
peace... jmy. :)skydive softly, skydive often, skydive with friends.

Once it warms up here in Colorado, I can help you with some coach jumps. You have my phone number, give me a call.
May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds. - Edward Abbey

:D:D:D

The humping dog is doing well. I'll bring him out the next time I'm at the DZ, just don't hurt him.
May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds. - Edward Abbey

Hang on to that puzzle, it will the best gift to give at then next Christmas party.
Hey, don't you think I'll notice the nosie that damn puzzle makes when I pick up my gear bag?

Now, back on track, or else Rocky is going to get mad that we hijacked her thread.

Anyway sweetie, give me a call, and I'll come out and help you with some jumps.

Hang on to that puzzle, it will the best gift to give at then next Christmas party.
Hey, don't you think I'll notice the nosie that damn puzzle makes when I pick up my gear bag?

Now, back on track, or else Rocky is going to get mad that we hijacked her thread.

Anyway sweetie, give me a call, and I'll come out and help you with some jumps.

Kuhl! Thanks Mar! I will definitely take you up on that! B|