AggieDave

Anything different about a Helicopter jump?

Yup, that's the exact same one that yall will have this weekend.

Its nice, sorta cramped in the back, but so if you're bigger, don't sit in the middle. I basically ran the seatbelt through my MLW and damn near hung out of the chopper the entire way up. The pilot is very good and good about putting you where you need to be for the spot.

Definately a fun thing to jump!
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

If the run-in is directly over the landing area, have the first jumpers exit only once the chopper has flown past the DZ. If they exit before reaching the DZ, they will fly their canopies back to the DZ on the same track as the chopper, putting them in conflict with jumpers exiting later. It is something to be aware of when the run-in is not much faster than canopy speed.

Have fun.B|

Yup, that's the exact same one that yall will have this weekend.

Its nice, sorta cramped in the back, but so if you're bigger, don't sit in the middle. I basically ran the seatbelt through my MLW and damn near hung out of the chopper the entire way up. The pilot is very good and good about putting you where you need to be for the spot.

Definately a fun thing to jump!

WhoooHooo! Helicopters rock! I got to ride shotgun and was first out. I just kinda stepped out onto the strut and then did a forward summersault into the nothingness. Exited at 5,200 and my Protrack told me I had 12 seconds of freefall and an open canopy at 3,800. Much more fun than a hop n pop. The dead air is just too cool; it was the first time I felt like I was falling going out the door, much different than a plane!

The weather was not cooperating this weekend but maybe I’ll play hooky from work tomorrow afternoon and go again!

I agree the pilot is good; he spotted us perfectly in difficult weather.
"We've been looking for the enemy for some time now. We've finally found him. We're surrounded. That simplifies things." CP