Reginald

A-44542

Well, I got my A license card today! After 5 months of dedicated effort, uncontrollable spinning on several of my AFF levels, a trip to Orlando to the wind tunnel, a free flying head down hop n pop with a horseshoe mal and then 8 line twists and lots of beer dues I did it. I’m a licensed skydiver!

To celebrate I’m going to play hooky from work this afternoon and go jump out of the helicopter again while it is still at the DZ. Of course none of my coworkers think my absence this afternoon is to go skydiving today (as they usually suspect), as the high temp is only 40 degrees. Fools! Now all I need to do is figure out how to repair my career which is going down the tubes, at least on clear sunny, windless days!

Blue skies and Whooo Hooooo!
Ron
"We've been looking for the enemy for some time now. We've finally found him. We're surrounded. That simplifies things." CP

Congrats on the license :)

To celebrate I’m going to play hooky from work this afternoon and go jump out of the helicopter again while it is still at the DZ. Of course none of my coworkers think my absence this afternoon is to go skydiving today (as they usually suspect), as the high temp is only 40 degrees. Fools! Now all I need to do is figure out how to repair my career which is going down the tubes, at least on clear sunny, windless!

Balance my friend, balance
May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds. - Edward Abbey

Balance my friend, balance

Thanks for the advice. ;) I exaggerate a little. In all seriousness I’m pretty reasonable about it. I’ve got personal and vacation time for a reason ------- to go skydiving!
"We've been looking for the enemy for some time now. We've finally found him. We're surrounded. That simplifies things." CP

Double Congrats.
Pretty rough Hop n' Pop...
Years from now when your on the Pro Beach Swooping tour your response to the bio when asked
"What kind of student where you" would be....?

Tell em you were a complete natural, all of us on this forum can keep a secret...Right?

shut up, punk.

Love you too my friend! :)
Soon you'll be there too. And when you get your A, I want to do your first jump with you!

Ron

Congratulations ;)! I'm jealous though :P

Well, hurry up and get your A. the weather has got to be nice there, right? I'm planing a business trip to San Diego in early February and would love to jump with you - or anyone....please...sniff, sniff, sniff...

Ok... way to go... time to find a coach and continue learning...

Fortunately, several of the experienced jumpers at the DZ have started keeping an eye out for me and giving me advice. Of course, somehow I ended up owing 4 cases of beer before I got out of the plane yesterday. Hmmm…???

Seriously, I realize that I’m still just beginning to learn and I take all the advice I can from the experienced skydivers who are all very welcoming and open with constructive criticism. That’s part of what I love about this sport is it is a tight knit group and people go out of their way to help others.