quade

372-way -- Press Clips

http://www.azcentral.com/offbeat/articles/0120Skidivers-ON.html

372 skidivers at once to go for a world record

Associated Press
Jan. 20, 2004 09:25 AM

CHIPPEWA FALLS, Wis. - Mary Bauer says she's not a thrill seeker - but that doesn't keep her from jumping out of planes.

And this week the Chippewa Falls woman plans to be part of the biggest jump of all. She'll be among the 372 people trying to set a new world's record for skydiving in formation.

The current record of 300 was set about two years ago, and Bauer was part of that group, too.

The new record attempt will be made in Thailand, with the skydivers jumping out of military planes.

Bauer's sky-high hobby is a far cry from her day job at the federal Occupational Safety and Health Administration.

She says it's not the height that scares her - but all the other parachutes in the air and the potential for tangled lines.

Bauer has plenty of experience. She's made more than 11,000 jumps.

quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

The current record of 300 was set about two years ago, and Bauer was part of that group, too.

Gee where does the time go. I swear it only happend a little over a year ago in Eloy.
May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds. - Edward Abbey

Gee where does the time go. I swear it only happend a little over a year ago in Eloy.

Gotta luv the press....Dec 2002 :S
She is not a "Dumb Blonde" - She is a "Light-Haired Detour Off The Information Superhighway."
eeneR
TF#72, FB#4130, Incauto

Either I'm a dumbass and have been misspelling 'skydivers' this whole time, or the media just hacked up another skydiving story. ;)

-Kramer

The FAKE KRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMER!!!!!!!!!

Either I'm a dumbass and have been misspelling 'skydivers' this whole time, or the media just hacked up another skydiving story. ;)

-Kramer

There are two generally-accepted spellings for skydivers: skydivers, and skivers. :)

-=-=-=-=-
Pull.

Regarless of the spelling, a Thailand skidiving ;)adventure sounds pretty exciting (except for the flight time). In lieu of Thailand, we have the SoBe boogie this weekend and thats something to look forward to...and the South Florida fair. Trust me that one of these events is a lot more interesting than the other.
But next month were heading to flyangel2's part of the planet for a little boarding adventure...that should be awesome!

Most people are leaving for Thailand this week. I know several folks that left today.

Web site http://www.theworldteam.com

Thanks for the site. I'll be watching.

Jump with Mary B all the time. She's about as sweet as it comes.

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

The FAI made a rule change a while back.

Used to be you had to hold a formation for 3 seconds for it to count for big-way records. Now, it only has to be held long enough to show "control". The reason for this is that there was a big-way record attempt years ago that held for 2.something seconds and not a full 3.

The practical upshot of this is that if the formation builds for 1/30th of a second and is recorded on video tape, it's going to count.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

Used to be you had to hold a formation for 3 seconds for it to count for big-way records. Now, it only has to be held long enough to show "control". The reason for this is that there was a big-way record attempt years ago that held for 2.something seconds and not a full 3.

The practical upshot of this is that if the formation builds for 1/30th of a second and is recorded on video tape, it's going to count.

I think you still have to have a still photo of it to be officially judged. That's actually a guess on my part so if someone knows different please post it.
Chris Schindler
www.diverdriver.com
ATP/D-19012
FB #4125

In the early 80's it was 5 sec.
Sparky
My idea of a fair fight is clubbing baby seals