Nightingale

Which Audible?

Everybody loves their pro-tracks, so that is a good choice.
I bought a pro-dytter, because it saved me some money. It's nice to see the fallrates and data from the jumps afterward. However, two of my team mates on our 4-way team had one, so I got it pretty much anyway ;)

I'm going to get me a neptune when jump season starts again. I've understood that it can be software upgraded by the user, so after a couple of more versions all the initial bugs will be gone. Newer sounds better. Also I can wear it as an altimeter.

There are only 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

I went ahead and bought a Z1 helmet after my first jump, so unless I sell it (unlikely), I'm stuck with the Skytronic, I knew when I bought it that I wouldn't have an audible for a long time, but I went ahead and got the helmet with the Skytronic option. I really hope I like it:S

I went ahead and bought a Z1 helmet after my first jump, so unless I sell it (unlikely), I'm stuck with the Skytronic, I knew when I bought it that I wouldn't have an audible for a long time, but I went ahead and got the helmet with the Skytronic option. I really hope I like it:S

I'd bet you'll like it just fine. All my friends like theirs. A good thing about the STI option... should your helmet come off in freefall... it's easier to find the audible if it's bolted to the helmet. Plus you're just unlikely to lose the skytronic in general... falling out of the helmet pocket walking back to the hanger for example. I think the STI thing is a pretty sharp idea. Looks good too.
“There are more things in Heaven and Earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophies.”

I just got a Protrack after using an original Dytter for 21 years.

L & B's service is probably the best of any company I've ever dealt with...in and out of skydiving. Whenever the original Dytter stopped working L&B replaced it.....free of charge! I went through 3 of them over the years. I just sold the last one for $50.

I really like the Protrack. The data feature is great and the three tones is also a super feature. I have mine set for break-off, pull and pull reserve altitudes. If I am in freefall at 1200' and hear the flatline I am going to open my reserve and avoid any chance of a two-out/main-reserve entanglement situation. That is how I have modified my procedures to accommodate the presence of a Cypres in my rig.

I think the Prodytter would be a good choice. Whatever you buy, if you buy from L&B, you've made a good choice.
--
Murray

"No tyranny is so irksome as petty tyranny: the officious demands of policemen, government clerks, and electromechanical gadgets." - Edward Abbey

The Guner is SO QUIET in freefall that you would be better to put either a Pro-Track OR Pro-Dytter in there with the volume level on low... or it will be very loud!

I have a Guner and a Pro-Track... never had a single problem with either of them.

Do yourself a favor... spend the extra $$$ on the Pro-Track and you can't go wrong. You'll have an audible computer that will last you for years to come...

And yes the service of L&B is impeccable...

GraficO
GraficO

"A Mind is a terrible thing to taste."

Oh you just had to bring that up. Well I remember someone who tried to do a back in by looking between his legs and ended up tracking about 100 feet away from us. You don't want to know how I logged that one! I still have the video to prove it also!
If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck!

I have a ProDytter and a ProTrack. Customer service from the manufacturer (Larsen & Brusgaard) is excellent, which is a big part of why I jump them.

So do I. But, start with the ProTrack and order it from BadDog Skydiving which has the best price I've found for this product. You'll appreciate having the logbook features of the ProTrack from the very get-go.
AMDG

Ok, so I got a new skytronic pro fx for Christmas. I like it, but it's definately not as loud as the original skytronic or skytronic pro. It is still loud - I think still louder than the protrak/etc., but I'd have to side-by-side them. Ashame that it's not as loud as the originals. Oh well, no biggee - it's replacing my 2nd audible anyway, the backup one.

ProTrack has two volume settings, Loud (110dB @1" +/-2dB) and Really Loud (117dB @1" +/-2dB)

Not sure what SPL the Passport Italia altimeters put out, but people seem to claim they are louder. (hopefully not too much louder, honestly)

To give you an idea, on the lower of the two settings I can put my protrack on my bed and cover it with a pillow and still hear it pretty clearly, but ymmv.

How about a neptune? You get data logging with an altimeter you can actually hear.

I used to have a Skytronic, which I heard on every jump but couldn't download to my computer. I repalced it with a Pro-track, which does a better job logging.

However, I usually don't hear it unless I've set the final alarm high. Even on the loud setting it's not enough.

How about a neptune? You get data logging with an altimeter you can actually hear.

I have a couple of friends with Neptune's and not one of them has an accurate reading every single jump. Get something like a Pro-Track that doesn’t need a software download.

Dave
D830
http://www.skydiving.co.za

I have a couple of friends with Neptune's and not one of them has an accurate reading every single jump. Get something like a Pro-Track that doesn’t need a software download.

I agree, however: saturday a jumper borrowed a pro-track for a 3way HD jump and got weird readouts: exit alti was the same as other pro-tracks/neptunes on the load, namely about 12k, but the freefall time was 84 secs going 199 mph and opening at 1600 ft :S:$:o Yeah right... And he wasn't the one who opened the lowest, either... Methinks this pro-track is somewhat off!

I however DID get 84 secs freefall time, on my pro-track, with my new wingsuit, open at 4100ft. My Neptune read 86 secs, open at 4500 ft. Or maybe it was the other way 'round, can't remember. Pro-track was on my ankle, the Neptune outside my helmet.

ciel bleu,
Saskia

Well I remember someone who tried to do a back in by looking between his legs and ended up tracking about 100 feet away from us.

Not my fault, y'all floated on me.

Was it really only 100 feet? I would have sworn it was more...and that you did it.
Shit happens. And it usually happens because of physics.

Love my Neptune! Never had problems with a funky reading or anything. I used in on all kinds of jumps, sit, rw, head down, casa, otter, chopper, etc.

If you are plannin on doing BM jumps, this will record your lengthy flights.
Tunnel Pink Mafia Delegate
www.TunnelPinkMafia.com

The neptune is great logs your jumps and is a great ditter, it can also be used as an alti.
BTW: the problem with the faulty readings has been corrected, you can down load the latest software from there website Via infered port, or send it back to alti 2 and they will update the software free of charge

Gary Harbird