dsbbreck

What's the best year round dropzone weather wise?

I personally prefer Elsinore. . .two Otters and lots of fun and great people. . .Of course, there is also Perris and San Diego all within an hour of each other and all with turbines. . .so if you have crappy weather at one, just check out the others. . .the weather can vary greatly among the three but they are all open every day and have some pretty great people that hang there.
FGF #6
Darcy

If you don't mind heat in the summer, then Eloy would probably be a good bet. Either that or Perris or 'Snore, due to the climate. You'd probably have less rain out days in Eloy then you would anywhere else.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

If you don't mind heat in the summer, then Eloy would probably be a good bet. Either that or Perris or 'Snore, due to the climate. You'd probably have less rain out days in Eloy then you would anywhere else.

Even though we been getting rain like mad the past week and half...LOL

Jump
Scars remind us that the past is real

Hmmm, I would have to say that it's not here in Canada, where I get to be a seasonal skydiver.;)

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Grumble, grumble.

Pitt Meadows supposedly has the best weather of any Canadian DZ and I have not jumped since late November.

...open 7 days a week.

Eloy is open 7 days a week most of the year but it is closed Tuesday and Wednesdays during June-September. But for flying weather you are correct, they probably fly more days than any other DZ.
John
Arizona Hiking Trails

What about that "haze" that keeps you grounded for most of the mornings?

I don't know if there is a perfect DZ with perfect weather year round. Just buy an R.V. and when the weather isn't what you like, jump in and drive some place else. Spend some time there, then go to another DZ.
May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds. - Edward Abbey

That's a great plan. I commuted between Eloy and my old home DZ in Oregon for the summer on the Soutwest Airlines frequent flyer plan, it worked well as my 4 way team trained once a month for a week and I worked @ the OR. DZ the rest of the month.

You looking at moving?

I'm just tired of Winters in Colorado. We'll probably do the RV thing next fall, but wondered if there was a close to perfect dropzone weather wise.
David

"Socrates wasn't killed because he had the answer.......he was killed because he asked the question."

Ok well you didn't say where in the world - so how about Skydive Lillo - about 1 hour south of Madrid in Spain. Beautiful porter, great weather most of the year round. The time I was there a few months ago they would take the porter up with only 4 people! Talk about a fast climb :-)

That happens during late May and most of June, but at least the afternoons are still open to jumping. . .hey, on Saturday (a cloudy - icky - rainy day) we still managed to get 7 loads up and only 2 didn't get to altitude, tho they were high hop n pops. . .8K on one and 6k on the other.

If they can sneak a plane into a hole, they will. . .I am sure Perris and San Diego are similar and all three are open 7 days.
FGF #6
Darcy

That happens during late May and most of June,

Must have been my imagination seeing haze that kept us on the ground when I was out at Perris a number of times during October:S

BTW, I grew up in Riverside and know just what the weather can be like out there.
May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds. - Edward Abbey

...It's also the most scenic,

BWAHAHAHAHA you need to travel some more... jumping at the foot of the North Cascades( the American Alps/Puget Sound/Straits of Juan De Fuca Olympic Mountains on the other side sucks in the winter time when its cloudy but you have to see it up here in Seattle area or Vancouver or Victoria to reaallly know what scenery is.
Puget Sound is a huge system of glacial fiords with the 7000' Olympic Mountains to the west and the 10000 to 14000 ft snow covered Cascade Mountains to the East. From June to mid Oct... its like no place else. From Mid Oct to Mid June there are some days that get clear and beautiful but for the most part the Pacific Ocean just throws rain and clouds at us one system after another all winter long.