mazevedo

Have you ever landed inside the plane?

Yip, if you stay in the sport long enough you gonna land with the plane (or in the plane if you have no canopy skill).

Been there done that, a few times. Twice at my old DZ due to weather or ATC holds.

And a few times, cant rememeber the amount, during our DZ JumpAThon, 4 jumpers doing 100 jumps each over 12hrs, did a rotation with three other JM's, we had to do visual gear and mental checks, and the rotation lasted 5 loads. Landed with the Porter each time. Got used to it.

Better never to have met you in my dream than to wake and reach for hands that are not there.

A couple of times. Once when my reserve pin was accidentally dislodged on the way to altitude and once or twice when we took a shot at catching a hole during a "low deck industrial haze" day. Toughest was the "dislodged reserve pin" ride since everyone else exited, leaving me and the pilot for the trip down.

Blues,

Bob

Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

I'd really love to see that one!!! It would take one super talented skydiver to actually land inside the plane. I think you'd only be able to get away with it if it were a SkyVan or a Casa. Anything else might really hurt!!!

Been done 3 times that I can think off.

Two guys swaped airplanes in flight. The two Aircraft were both biplanes. And both planes had drogues.

Gregg Gasson I think did it into a porter had a drogue.

Patrick Passe flew a wingsuit out of a porter in a dive and back into the same plane.
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." -- Thomas Jefferson, Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

Too many times. If ever you're in doubt about whether to jump again - land with the plane ONCE. It'll make you glad to be under that canopy of yours

Never understood that..I have seen jumpers freak out when they had to land with the plane. If I don't trust the pilot to land the plane with me in it, I don't get into the damn plane with him at all.....If he can't land it under good conditions...How is he going to land it in an emergency?
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." -- Thomas Jefferson, Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

:) once in the 180 with a s/l student who had gone for lunch and had a large order of onion rings,, and started feeling queasy...... and well you can guess the rest[:/]>:(.... and another time with a full load in a DC3.
It was fred jernigans, DC-3 Lucaya Air,( out of Ohio) ,hahahaha.. they would visit each year for a DC-3 boogie,,, when they arrived,, the first thing that would be dumped out the cargo door was a 55 gallon drum of oil !!!
The oil,,, would be used to constantly top off the engines,, and the 55 gallon drum would be used to STAND ON !!!:o[:/]:DB|;) while they inevitably had to " change a blown jug"... hahaha those guys were always prepared..!!...
Anyway,, a full load took off under decent skies,,, yet as we climbed the clouds slid in over the DZ...
At 9 grand or so, the pilot declared that "we are going to land,,, everyone stay seated"...You can be sure there was a fair amount of mumbling and grumbling,,, and of course the resident hotshots,, had to declare,, they " they weren't afraid of no clouds".....If you think the ride UP in a "3" is slow,, try ridin' one down,, and then into the pattern, etc.
Well we landed,, it was mid afternoon, and as we disembarked, the sky was so dark it seemed like twilight...The wind was really kicking,, and within 3 minutes of getting our feet back on the ground.. a rainstorm hit,,, which was a real "gully-washer"..
Trust your pilots to make go or no go decisions?????
you are damn right I DO..... I'd fly with Fred.... anytime........he was right ON .. with his decision to land....and as I recall,,, he rebated all our lift tickets....:ph34r:B|,, and we skydived the next day,, under blue skies....

I had to ride back down in a C182 because fuel was leaking. Got to about 800ft and noticed the fuel leak, so the pilot brought us back down. Other than that, i love just going for airplane rides. When Kevin was a pilot at SDC, he used to let me sit right seat all the time. Too bad he moved to Alaska.

I get a Mike hug! I get a Mike hug!

I remember as student just on solo status going up with two of the jumpmasters for a fun jump, we had a thick marine layer, we knew the cloudbase, we had GPS and we circled a couple of times with all three of us taking turns trying to get a spot, no joy was called(we did not jump). We were right on the edge of a lake and the proper call was made, I will always remember Jeff saying "well... I know its there but its just too thick."
I was watching two instructors with multiple ratings apiece, with thousands of jumps teach by example.
Thank you, Jeff, thanks Ralph.

ChileRelleno-Rodriguez Bro#414
Hellfish#511,MuffBro#3532,AnvilBro#9, D24868

On student status, the clouds opened up and just poured on us on the way up. I think my hubby and I were only on our jumps #5 or 6, so they kept us from jumping (I was SOOO thankful. I was terrified of slipping off of the step/strut while they were wet!)
~Jaye
Do not believe that possibly you can escape the reward of your action.

Sometimes when winds are high, I've landed in the plane. My DZ has a rule about ground winds and not jumping when they get past 26 MPH. Landing in the plane is about the most frightening experience for me. Most of the time, I'd rather take my chances with high winds.
Trapped on the surface of a sphere. XKCD

refused to do climb out and do a dangle exit(no sit exits on whatever type of cessna it was 182?)

DANGLE exit!!! ARGH! I like Bathangs though! :S Landing in a plane as a passenger with a Pilot's licence is worse than being a Tandem Master as a passenger on a Tandem jump! For me anyway! BSBD! -Mark.

"A Scar is just a Tattoo with a story!!!"

BE CAREFUL that the ride down does not fire your Cypres -- that happened @ our DZ this year

That pilot would be paying for the cypress to be re-done.

Those guys know.

Laters,

The REAL KRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMER!

"HESITATION CAUSES DEATH!!!"
"Be Slow to Fall into Friendship; but when Thou Art in, Continue Firm & Constant." - SOCRATES

It happened once last summer I landed with the plane, well inside it. It was very hot in the plane and I felt sick and my stomach was going somewhere it should not so I rather stayed in. I noticed I do better jumps if it is colder, cause I do not stand the heat well.Had anyone felt the same when you were a student skydiver?and why should you be afraid to land with the plane?

http://www.objectjump.com/videos/jeb_demo_big.wmv

When read the start of this thread I thought at first that he meant jumping and then somehow landing in the plane. I was trying to figure out how to do it, but theres a scene in this vid where a guy in a birdman suit could have done it I think. Its a good video, mostly base jumps. Has Paint It Black as the sound track.

I have not, but I can think of one-or kinda two dives that I wish I had landed with the plane instead of gettin out!

The worst one was when I opened up @ 3k, level with a bunch of storm coulds that were quickly moving in and they looked bad! I had felt drops during freefall, but I didnt really think much of it. When I had exited the aircraft, there were coulds in the distance, but we were in a big hole. Once I saw these storm coulds approaching us, I quickly spiraled down, very happy to get back to the ground!

THe other was during AFF, I was on a low level and the clouds were bad @ 14k, so we let out the experienced jumpers and descended down to about 9k to get out. TO me being a new jumper, it was a bit unnerving and I was kind of scared about noth aving that extra 5k ft. Everything was really just fine, but I performed very poorly for that jump.
Blue skies and SAFE landings!
~Amanda~