Blahr

Head down

I was doing a 2 way flat RW jump yesterday.

We ended up doing various interesting things on exit before we got flat which culminated in a 2 way linked face to face head down that we actually held for a good 10 seconds.

Neither of us had ever done any freeflying before and it was not our intention to begin on this jump.
Discussing it later yielded no real understanding of how this happened but we both thought it was pretty cool B|

Blahr just lucky I guess ;)

We then went to belly and turned a few points before breakoff.

I never understood before why someone would want to go head down.
Now I do. ;)

Didn't happen :P If you want to be a freeflyer, you gotta get a camera ;) That's really the only requirement for freeflying.

Hate to say it Blahr, Riddler is right. No video, then it didn't happen.:D:D

Judy
Be kinder than necessary because everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.

Hate to say it Blahr, Riddler is right. No video, then it didn't happen.

And even if it did happen, were they actually head down? Until you've found the tube (limited wind resistence on the front and back of your body), you're not head down. ;)

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over

Hate to say it Blahr, Riddler is right. No video, then it didn't happen.

And even if it did happen, were they actually head down? Until you've found the tube (limited wind resistence on the front and back of your body), you're not head down. ;)

Thats the thing, it was just like that. To end up in that position totally by accident strikes me as very odd and unusual . Thats why I posted about it.

Oh and I have to take the word of a guy with purple hair and a girl with the body of a dog?

HA!

hey, now, i'm not a dog (I don't think). I'm a pink Christine Agulera monster. If you were taking your Ritalin, you would see me.:D

Judy

p.s. that comment made me laugh so hard I had to leave the office.
Be kinder than necessary because everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.

Oh and I have to take the word of a guy with purple hair and a girl with the body of a dog?

HA!

hey, now, i'm not a dog (I don't think). I'm a pink Christine Agulera monster. If you were taking your Ritalin, you would see me.:D

Judy

Man, I didnt get the hair color right and now this!
I'm having a bad day and I have no video.
AND I'M AT WORK >:(

Thats the thing, it was just like that. To end up in that position totally by accident strikes me as very odd and unusual . Thats why I posted about it.

Actually it's not surprising at all. The secret to head down freeflying is to relax. And since you weren't purposely trying to fly head down, it's possible that you were relaxed and fell into position naturally. But who knows ...

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over

Was the other jumper named Kevin?

My boyfriend told me about a jump he had yesterday at Cross Keys that sounds very much exactly like what you are describing... small world I guess.

Guess I'll have to watch out for going head down next time I jump with him.

I'll let him know that it never happened and that he was mistaken.

Yes, he must have been tripping B|

So exactly how cold is it jumping out there? I'll be there in a week and a half, but this California girl is afraid of the cold...

Cold is a relative thing. I'm a cold weather person to begin with. I dont care much for summer or temps above 76 F. Too hot.
Someone else might give you a totally different answer.
The universal answer is:
Properly dressed, you dont feel the cold and it becomes a non-issue.
Layers is the key B|

I told him to quit that... :)

I'm a cold weather person to begin with. I dont care much for summer or temps above 76 F. Too hot.

Heh, you are the wrong one to ask then. To me, anything below 70 is cold. It will definitely be an experience... never landed in snow before...

I told him to quit that... :)

I'm a cold weather person to begin with. I dont care much for summer or temps above 76 F. Too hot.

Heh, you are the wrong one to ask then. To me, anything below 70 is cold. It will definitely be an experience... never landed in snow before...

I had my first snow landings just a couple weeks ago.
I was a little nervous that solid white ground would screw up my depth perception and give me some crappy landings but my fears were unfounded. I've had nothing but nice cushy stand up landings without incident.

Did Kevin tell you that he was trying to fold up his Hornet while he was still flying it? ;)

That whole jump was interesting from beginning to end!

I was a little nervous that solid white ground would screw up my depth perception and give me some crappy landings but my fears were unfounded.

Since I have no depth perception to begin with (really), I'm not too worried about that. I suppose it could even be fun to land in snow.

Did Kevin tell you that he was trying to fold up his Hornet while he was still flying it? ;)

Yep, that sounded... interesting. I think I'm glad I didn't see it...

Welcome to the dark side my friend. B|

Yeah, first time out on your head puts things in perspective. Maybe now you can come play with us, but remember, you need AT LEAST one camera. B|

Wrong Way
D #27371 Mal Manera Rodriguez Cajun Chicken Ø Hellfish #451
The wiser wolf prevails.