sdgregory

Going to FLorida in March . . . which DZ?

Yes, it's true. Pink Mafia, PD, Birdman, DJ's for the night time and whatever else we come up with in the meantime..

Ooh, ooh, is that the same weekend you mentioned before?
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

So can we mark the dates on our calendars then....what are they?

PS....you gonna be jumping Friday? Kate don't like to play with me anymore cause she plays with Bjorn now [:/] cause he's cooler then me :Pand I'm getting bored with solos......although I'll do them to stay in the sky, plus $15 to 15 is just cool!

Dreams become reality, one choice at a time...

I just got back from a Florida vacation in which I visited 3 DZ's: Lake Wales, Z-Hills, & Skydive Space Center.

Didn't get to make a jump at Titusville, though, due to going on a very slow day. Even so, the people there were extremely friendly and welcoming. I was very impressed and will definitely return. Of the other 2 places that I jumped, I prefer Lake Wales. I have to say that I was disappointed at Z-Hills.

Just my 2 cents.

If both chutes fail......track for your rigger!

I would go to them all but I would rather spend two days at one and get really used to finding the new DZ.;). Besides I may only get two days of jumping in and could not visit them all within the allotted time. At most I will get three days in. And Florida is 600+ miles from top to bottom, would take too long to drive to em all:D.

Of course they might be close enough together that I could take off from one jump and open at 13,000, catch the winds right and possibly land at another. Then go up at that one and ride the winds to the next. I might make five or six DZ's in one day!

Or, if I could convince someone to let me borrow a birdman . . . :ph34r:

Southwest from Sebastian will put you in the middle of the swamp. ;) I think you ment Northwest, in which case you go right past Lake Wales on your way to Zhill's.

I've sent my thoughts in PM. Enjoy the trip!
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

Ah but see, I am was an enlisted Marine, for us, nothing is impossible!

Lets see. Deland to Titusville. Then turn south west and hit Lake wales, then West and slightly south Z-hills, then probably need 34,000 to get to Skydive Miami, but let me think, I know there is a coulple of DZ between Z-hills and Miami. Need to look at the DZ list to see what they are.

From Miami I can track almost straight south and get to Sky Dive Key West. Then I can sit with jimmy and waste away in margaritaville!

This is doable. But I would have to take off from Deland no later then sun-up to make key west by sundown.

Speaking of sundown . . .

Sundown you better take care if I find you been sneaking round my backstairs. . .

SEBASTIAN is not on your list, duuude ! B|

sabastion is having a boogie on the weekend of the 20th. and the few days before that... you should check it out... i dont think it is advertized yet. but it should be fun. me and a freind will be dj,ing there sat night march 20th

I have jumped at just about every DZ in Florida and have in fact jumped at all the ones on your list. If you are a newbie and want a great place to jump, it would be Z-Hills. All the others are great and have their merits but do not come close to the freindliness and acceptance of out of towner newbies than Z-hills. IMHO. :)

I have jumped at just about every DZ in Florida and have in fact jumped at all the ones on your list. If you are a newbie and want a great place to jump, it would be Z-Hills. All the others are great and have their merits but do not come close to the freindliness and acceptance of out of towner newbies than Z-hills. IMHO. :)

I agree. Since SoBe is out of the question, my next choice would be z-hills. I love Deland, too, but it is hard to find people to jump with as a newbie, ime. You should have no trouble getting on skydives in z-hills. See what Oren is organizing, maybe you can get on a small group rw dive or two... and i'm sure you can find others to jump with as well:)

Also, the student/low timers landing area (<100 jumps)in Deland is a little bit far from the deck,... you have to get picked up by a truck. In z-hills, the landing area is all one space, and it is huge. You can land a little far if you want to, and still walking back is no chore. Sunshine Factory is also a really cool store, they have some nice skydiving shades there. I was up there last weekend and they so happened to have white 20" velcroless risers in stock... I was amazed! :D

Have fun!
Angela.

Okay so that the other DZ's do not feel cheated. There are what, 15 dz's in Florida just listed here on DZ.com and who knows how many others not listed?

My brother and sister live 45 minutes from Lake Wales which is also less then a half hour away from my Hotel. My Aunt and Uncle live 25 minutes from Deland. Z-hills is not that much further away from where I will be staying, maybe 30 minutes further.

Those are the reasons I picked the ones I did. I would love very much to visit every DZ in Fl but I had to limit the choices to the most logical ones for me. It was certainly not meant as a snub to any other DZ's. Someday I will make it to thsoe dz's too.

If there's going to be a shindig going on in Sebastian on the weekend of March 20th (as has been hinted at, but not officially announced), you should totally bag your plans and go to that! I've already told Bendywendy that I would go if she put something together on that weekend. If it happens, and if it will be anything like the Bytch boogie we had out there, I can promise you that you'll have a great time! Besides, since it would be your first mini dz.com boogie and your first trip to Sebastian, you could buy us all beer. ;)
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

It's Official......Sebastian will be the place to be the weekend of the 19th - 21st . Let's see, PD will be there, Birdman will be there, Pink Mafia will be representing (yes LOTS OF GIRLS :)), there will be DJ's at night, there is a nice little Tiki bar and talks of potentially even beach jumps...YUP - BEACH JUMPS!

Cool tiki bar, fire pit to kick up a notch if needed (hee hee) and just lots of people....and the people are just fab-u-loso!

Florida in March you say? SEBASTIAN IS THE PLACE;)

Dreams become reality, one choice at a time...

It's Official......Sebastian will be the place to be the weekend of the 19th - 21st . Let's see, PD will be there, Birdman will be there, Pink Mafia will be representing (yes LOTS OF GIRLS :)), there will be DJ's at night, there is a nice little Tiki bar and talks of potentially even beach jumps...YUP - BEACH JUMPS!

Cool tiki bar, fire pit to kick up a notch if needed (hee hee) and just lots of people....and the people are just fab-u-loso!

Florida in March you say? SEBASTIAN IS THE PLACE;)

i will officially be there.... hmmmm girls and a beach and skydiving.......;)