aeromobile

What's More Important?

Time is money. Cheap jump tickets aren't cheap if it takes 20 minutes to get to 10k, because I can't do as many jumps per full day, and I typically only get 2 full days max per weekend.

Maybe if I were unemployed I would rank cheap jump tickets higher. ;)

-=-=-=-=-
Pull.

I put extra altitude. Although, it is tough between that and fast craft. I am going with altitude because it gives me longer to work on my dive which is important to me because I need all the time I can get to practice up there since i'm not all that good. It sux when the dive is over and you just got to the other person... land, pack, try again:p

Angela.

Definitely agree here. Long rides to altitude not only suck because they permit fewer jumps, but they inherently suck because you have to sit in the plane for longer periods of time doing nothing.

I think most jumpers would gladly pay a few extra bucks (read $1-$3) for a faster jump plane any day.

What is most important to you about the aircraft you jump

You didn't list this one so I will add my own here. Most important to me is maintaing the aircraft.
Fast rides, cheap jumps and all the rest isn't worth squat if an aircraft isn't well maintained.
Just my .02

If its going above 10k then I am happy with the alti, but cheaper jump tickets would be nice (thats what I voted for) but next would be faster rides but I dont really mind a 25 minuet ride to altitude it makes you appreciate the 12 minuet ones;) 1st and foremost would definitely be a well maintained aircraft, that should always be the first priority of EVERY DZ...

You didn't list this one so I will add my own here. Most important to me is maintaing the aircraft.
Fast rides, cheap jumps and all the rest isn't worth squat if an aircraft isn't well maintained.
Just my .02

I agree(you took the words right outta my mouth, er hands...), you don't have a jump plane unless it is "safe," and my definition of a safe aircraft is a well maintained aircraft.:)
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Fly the friendly skies...^_^...})ii({...^_~...

Just my .02

High Fives B^2. DAMN STRAIGHT!
Chris Schindler
www.diverdriver.com
ATP/D-19012
FB #4125

I put extra altitude, but all are applicable. As far as fast climb goes though, I'd rather spend 5 more minutes in a Caravan and have a few more jumpers on board and a big door, rather than the King Air that climbs a little faster. Just me, but I hate that narrow ass door on the King Air.

Blues,
Nathan
Blues,
Nathan

If you wait 'til the last minute, it'll only take a minute.

Dude, cheap jump tickets of course. . .the other stuff is great but if you can't afford to jump it doesn't matter what kind of plane you fly. . .

Course a big door does help on those group exits. . .lol
FGF #6
Darcy

I usually make 3 or 4 in a day. It doesnt matter to me if I get up there 5 minutes faster, its still gonna be 3 or 4. If the ticket costs $3.00 less thats nice, but its only gonna save me 10 bucks or so. Big door? Bah! I'm used to a Cessna 185.
I want to go as high as I can go and fall for as long as possible B|

Extra Altitude is my choice B|

B^2's right
As for the rest, I think there's a happy medium between all of them, but I also really hate having a packed rig and waiting an hour (or more) to get on a load.

--------------------------------------------------
the depth of his depravity sickens me.
-- Jerry Falwell, People v. Larry Flynt

I chose cheap jump tickets, but I jump at a place that the tickets are high, but they have a fast plane, small door and only go to 12500.

You jump where you feel comfortable. The vibe is the most important thing.
David

"Socrates wasn't killed because he had the answer.......he was killed because he asked the question."

For me, first is fast climb rate. Second is a big door that keeps the cold out in winter. Third are seats. Fourth are prices. Last and also least is well maintained. If the pilot will get in and fly, I will get in with my parachute. Heck, we never know whether a plane is properly maintained or not. When is the last time you asked to see a maintenance log before boarding? I leave it to the feds and the pilot and I never think about it.

Ed

As a jump plane owner a comment on another thread got me thinking. What is most important to you about the aircraft you jump? Add comments if you need to say more.

Big door is the LEAST of my worries (well, i'm an RW-er either though)....
Not to mention, cheap jump tickets are not worth it IF it takes you half an hour to climb to altitude.... Prime example: it was close to 90º in Lake Wales, and everyone crammed into a CASA for $17. Pretty cheap comapred to up north but it was SO loud, SO hot, SO slow & not to mention the risk of fuel being dripped on your rig..... Just an example!

see the world! http://gorocketdog.blogspot.com

Big door is the LEAST of my worries (well, i'm an RW-er either though)....
Not to mention, cheap jump tickets are not worth it IF it takes you half an hour to climb to altitude.... Prime example: it was close to 90º in Lake Wales, and everyone crammed into a CASA for $17. Pretty cheap comapred to up north but it was SO loud, SO hot, SO slow & not to mention the risk of fuel being dripped on your rig..... Just an example!

Say WHAT!!!?????
Chris Schindler
www.diverdriver.com
ATP/D-19012
FB #4125

Its more important to me where I sit. :DI like sitting next to you when its cold out cause that's where all the heat is. Refreshments on the way to altitude would be nice.

But on a serious note about the poll, depending on what you are doing, 4-way, 8-way, ff, would make have an impact on how I would answer it. But for general purposes, CHEAP TICKETS.

Are you going to buy a skyvan for me Dave? You know how much I like them.

For those that don't know aeromobile or are familar with his really cool airplane, Super Cessna 195 (aka the Chuck Wagon)

Judy
Be kinder than necessary because everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.