brothermuff65

jerry bird update info

just a note to those of you who haven,t heard JERRY BIRD had a heart attack yesterday (friday 10-30 ). i just left him a couple of hours or so ago after a visit and jerry is doing good .he is in good spirits ,and his color was good and all his vital signs were looking good and stable . He had some pains in his arms friday afternoon and later in the evening he wasn,t feeling good and went to the e.room where he was checked and it was determined he had indeed had a heart attack . we dont know the extent yet but he will be in the pasco county medical center on fort king road in dade city fl i.c.c. room #2.for a couple of days he is bored and wants to go home so thats a good sign he is in an intensive care unit so i dont think he can have any flowers or anything like that but he can get calls and visiters to a degree . so let him know you are thinking of him .and we can all pull for him to get squared away a.s.a.p. i will keep you all informed as i hear more .
till later have fun & love each other seeya mb65johnny gates

Just got back from the hospital and seeing Jerry.

He seems to be in good spirits. He was telling some of his good ole stories. :)
I guess the plan is to transfer him to a hospital that can do whatever it is that needs to be done. Right now they are not exactly sure what caused the problem. His Cholesterol is good and all so we just have to wait and see.

I will try to keep those that are interested posted.

Laters,

The REAL KRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMER!

"HESITATION CAUSES DEATH!!!"
"Be Slow to Fall into Friendship; but when Thou Art in, Continue Firm & Constant." - SOCRATES

2:30 pm sunday feb 1

i just got an email and gave him a call

the room was full of jumpers, probably
having a party :-) :-), so we only talked
a couple minutes

he sounded like the same Jerry Bird to me

pretty soon they are taking him up to tampa

i guess i shouldn't let 24 years go by between
visits ...

skr

I still remember when Jerry Bird's "All Stars" came to my home town to jump back in the early 70's. I never have met him, but he's still one of my heros. I hope he gets well and returns to jumping soon.

Is there a reason he didn't go to Thailand this year? I think he was a team leader at the record jump in Thailand a few years ago....Steve1

{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{VIBES TO JERRY}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

I met him briefly only a few times. The first was in Z-Hills (January 98). Since then, I've read his history. Jerry is the MAN. I know he may not remember who I am, but let hime know that even the newer generations are here praying for him too.

Thanks for all the email messages = keep them coming = they are going right to Bird. ++++!

Jerry is now at University Community Hospital in Tampa. Send your posi energy okay? All your calls, visits and emails are much appreciated.

Celebrate life, with peace, light, love and hope, ever, Julia

Jerry!!!
I hope you recover quickly and completely. I haven't seen you in quite a while or had the pleasure of taking out the base on a jump with you for a long while :)... I missed Richmond this year.
I'm thinking of you and sending love your way.
remember, look up when you are talking to me! :P
peace
lew
http://www.exitshot.com