billvon

Thailand update #11 (the big one)

Hell effin YEAH!!!!!! B|B|

(Mr. Von. You stepped out of the celebrations to PACK and then give us a report? You Are The Man... No way I'd've done that... lol..)

Really though. Well done.

All of you.

Well done.
“There are more things in Heaven and Earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophies.”

I was just curious, what was the fall rate of the formation once it was completely built?

Phillip,

I don't have the data for the record jump yet, but one of the last jumps with a similar size was falling around 100mph. Here is the chart for this jump.

Klaus
My Logbook

Congrats to everyone involved!

Indeed but can everyone also please spare a thought for those members of the team who weren't on the jump for reasons such as injury or whatever...

good point, craig. whenever i congratulate a team for a job well done, it is for the ENTIRE team. in my mind, the entire team includes all the folks that were there wearing the suits and colors.

and the ones who couldn't be in Korat on the day of the big jump because they were either still in hospital or already re-patriated as a result of injuries.

For those who have been asking, C. is doing ok and high on (prescription!) drugs. If you want more a more detailed update, pm me.

tash
Don't ever save anything for a special occasion. Being alive is a special occasion. Avril Sloe

Just watched the video on the website - amazing seeing that thing flying from all angles - it is HUGE! Those tears at the end of the video were well earned!

BTW - good choice on the music - love that song! "I feel wonderful, I could skydive from the moon"

great job!

2 things:

1) I assume we will see a list of participants in next month's publications (sooner?)?

2) Since John Kallend can't receive PM's, I'm intrigued by a frame of mind that recognizes something as mundane as consecutive odd primes in the context of a world record. It occurs to me that there is no such thing as consecutive even primes, since the only even prime (positive) is 2.B|
|
I don't drink during the day, so I don't know what it is about this airline. I keep falling out the door of the plane.

Harry, FB #4143

great job!

2 things:

1) I assume we will see a list of participants in next month's publications (sooner?)?

2) Since John Kallend can't receive PM's, I'm intrigued by a frame of mind that recognizes something as mundane as consecutive odd primes in the context of a world record. It occurs to me that there is no such thing as consecutive even primes, since the only even prime (positive) is 2.B|
|

How can it be mundane when there are only three of them out of an infinite number of integers? Unique is not mundane.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.