billvon

Thailand update #11 (the big one)

I realize how much hard work goes into something as large as this. Kudos to ALL whom worked so very hard to make this NEW WORLD RECORD happen. I can't wait to hear all the poop! Get back safely..
BEER, BEER, BEERB|

Skydiving gave me a reason to live
I'm not afraid of what I'll miss when I die...I'm afraid of what I'll miss as I live

I want to be the first to name the formation the "Magnum" formation... or the group can be called the "Magnum" group- as in the 357 Magnum! You guys ROCK!
Congrats to not just the 357 in the air but to all of the support staff as well.

"When I die, I want to go like my grandmother, who died peacefully in her sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in her car."

Indeed but can everyone also please spare a thought for those members of the team who weren't on the jump for reasons such as injury or whatever...

I shoulda been more specific. I know some of what goes into putting on a major event like this. My congrats go out to every person involved in the record attempts - even those who never set foot on an aircraft (the judges for example...).

Yaaaa, they got it. Way to improvise and overcome!!!!! Congrats to everyone involved.

I used to be based at both Korat and Takhli and it's been real fun just hearing about those places again and seeing the pictures with skydiving going on above them. Thank you World Team, thank you. This has been just wonderful. :)
The older I get the less I care who I piss off.

3 5 7 a very satisfying number (consecutive odd primes).

There aren't too many even primes out there. :o:P
People are sick and tired of being told that ordinary and decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired. I’m certainly not, and I’m sick and tired of being told that I am

>Indeed but can everyone also please spare a thought for those
> members of the team who weren't on the jump for reasons such as
> injury or whatever...

I would also add that there are way more team members than the 357 who were on the record dive. There were the Thai pilots and crews, who were amazingly precise and reliable, and gave us a consistent exit picture we could work with. The alpha team allowed us to replace people who were injured and sick, and the support crew (including the packers and the admin people) let us concentrate on the skydiving. The judges spent two weeks with us for a few minutes of work, allowing us to get verification of an FAI record within half an hour or so. These people are as much a part of a successful world record as the skydivers who built it.

More pics will be added when I get them and when I get home. Right now the video is uploading, hopefully it'll finish before our van arrives in half an hour, to take us to the airport... Right now I have a 31k line which is more then I had at the airbase.... Still slow tho!!! [:/]

ciel bleu,
Saskia