kelel01

Solo freefly, group RW?

hey hun,
well you DEFINITELY need to be proficient on your belly.... ya know: tracking, stable, turns, etc. but pretty much that is covered in your student progression (i would hope!)

don't let anyone tell you what to do! skydiving shouldn't feel like you HAVE to belly-fly before you can freefly.... if you wanna learn something new, i say DEFINITELY TRY IT! if you wanna go out & flail the next 20 jumps -- do it. you catch my drift.

as a precursor, I would make sure your rig is freefly-friendly & that you have proper altimeters (visual/audible) ....things of that nature
***HAVE FUN***
let us know how sitting goes! :D

see the world! http://gorocketdog.blogspot.com

pretty much that is covered in your student progression (i would hope!)

So you think you were proficient enough in 7 Jumps?

You obviously have not read the whole post.

Let me help you out. A person is considered a Student/Novice until they have a license!

don't let anyone tell you what to do!

In case you have not read the U.S.P.A. mandates much of what we do. They currenlty along with the FAA do tell us what we can/can not do.

Amazing how all these non instructor and no time in sport individuals know what is right.

Half probably do not even own a SIM! [:/]

Laters,

The REAL KRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMER!

"HESITATION CAUSES DEATH!!!"
"Be Slow to Fall into Friendship; but when Thou Art in, Continue Firm & Constant." - SOCRATES

If your rig is freefly friendly DO IT!
I got my "A" liscense and didn't look back!:)If you can get stable and track you should be fine.
atleast that's my "I don't know shit-grain of salt advice"
"One flew East,and one flew West..............one flew over the cuckoo's nest"
"There's absolutely no excuse for the way I'm about to act"

Ok, this kind of perception has been my concern from the beginning of this thread: I am not trying to badmouth my DZ. I love my DZ! But it is a fact, if you poll the newbies around, most of them have 30-80 jumps with no license. This is a problem, and I understand that, but it might just be the fact that since all of us are like that, that WE'RE not working hard enough to pursue the necessary sign-offs.

Secondly, the biggest problem right now is a sheer lack of jumpers at the DZ, period. FFers seem to not mind the cold as much, maybe because their faces don't get hit as directly with the ice crystals in the sky. :P

So, don't tell me that my DZ is f***ed up, and don't perceive that I am saying that either. I love it there, right or wrong. It is the furthest dz from my house in the state of GA, yet I continue to go there because I want to. It's just the Mardi Gras boogie coming up next weekend that is making this into such an issue.

Ok, I've said my piece, since this thread has slowly migrated away from the original topic-- Freeflying with 51 jumps.

AND I'M NOT SKYDIVING RETARDED!!!!!!!!!!!!! SO STOP THINKING IT!!!!!!!!!!

Kelly

I have voiced my opinion to Ms. Kelly S. via PM.

As for those of you who were honest about it just being an opinion and not knowing the proper path I say good job. :)
I believe that this particular thread has run its course.

Everyone be safe out there and if you are uncertain about something ask an instructor.

Have Fun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:)

Laters,

The REAL KRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMER!

"HESITATION CAUSES DEATH!!!"
"Be Slow to Fall into Friendship; but when Thou Art in, Continue Firm & Constant." - SOCRATES

pretty much that is covered in your student progression (i would hope!)

So you think you were proficient enough in 7 Jumps?

You obviously have not read the whole post.

Let me help you out. A person is considered a Student/Novice until they have a license!

don't let anyone tell you what to do!

In case you have not read the U.S.P.A. mandates much of what we do. They currenlty along with the FAA do tell us what we can/can not do.

Amazing how all these non instructor and no time in sport individuals know what is right.

Half probably do not even own a SIM! [:/]

Laters,

actually the bsr's are not the law. they are recomendations... there is a large window for you to modify if you see fit...but im sure you already know this..