SkySlut

Skydive New England's Mentor Program!!!

Calling all USPA Coaches looking to get some hands-on experience with post grad jumpers to prepare themselves for an advanced rating and seasoned veterans who would like to make a difference in a novice skydiver's DZ experience!!!

I am putting together a mentor program to safely bridge the gap from post student status to a safe and competent skydiver. I will fill you in on the details and requirements later.

Anyways, if there are any New England jumpers out there that that are interested in taking a more proactive role in teaching and helping out a new friend...give me a shout. Oh, I forgot...you get to jump for FREE...
:)

Anywho...I hope that no one takes this as a sales pitch and boot this off the forum, but its actually a pretty cool program that I am developing...so do with it what you will...

give me a shout at my DZ.com email or at [email protected]

Calling all USPA Coaches looking to get some hands-on experience with post grad jumpers to prepare themselves for an advanced rating and seasoned veterans who would like to make a difference in a novice skydiver's DZ experience!!!

I am putting together a mentor program to safely bridge the gap from post student status to a safe and competent skydiver. I will fill you in on the details and requirements later.

Anyways, if there are any New England jumpers out there that that are interested in taking a more proactive role in teaching and helping out a new friend...give me a shout. Oh, I forgot...you get to jump for FREE...
:)

Anywho...I hope that no one takes this as a sales pitch and boot this off the forum, but its actually a pretty cool program that I am developing...so do with it what you will...

give me a shout at my DZ.com email or at [email protected]

Sounds great to me, as soon as I have a couple of hundred jumps under my belt I'll give you a shout.

Never go to a DZ strip show.

Hadnt seen it, but its along the same lines...it is designed to fill in the gap. I just want to be able to administer it to our DZ were I can keep an eye on it...make additions and changes, etc. There will be no student left behind. Cool website though!!! I like it.

Hey Slut!

SNMJIM from S&M here.

Some S&M members informed me of this discussion and asked me to jump in.

Maybe we should discuss a coordination effort between our organizations???

It could be a mutual benefit to the skydiving community.

Jimbo
Skydivers & Mentors Coordinator
Jimbo
S&M Coordinator
www.SkydiveMentors.com

any chance of getting a coaching course. The coaching course is the only thing holding me back Sounds like a good idea.
------------------------------------------------------
"From the mightiest pharaoh to the lowliest peasant,
who doesn't enjoy a good sit?" C. Montgomery Burns

i cant offer any help as im not in the area or even a skydiver yet, but i wanted to say how great i think that is. ive yet to even start training, and already ive had concerns and aprehensions about what happens once you're done with training and off student status. making friends, having/finding people to jump with, continuation of education, etc. hopefully the program you're putting together will have great success and other dzs will follow your lead! i know id welcome an offer like that! good luck with getting the ball rolling!!
Oh Canada, merci pour la livraison!

Mentoring is nothing new...I am just trying to make it a bit more formal. Most DZs have people that are looking out for novice jumpers, but I just want to put some structure to it and encompass the educational aspects that we offer as well as our kickass social events that we have going on too. If everyone shares the responsibility a bit there shouldnt be people falling through the cracks. The newer jumper wins, the experienced jumper wins and the DZ wins. I just want to incorporate a bit of structure to our hippie commune that we have going on up here.:)