herohunter

i need a question answered

I did my aff last summer (2003) but due to other commitments i have not jumped since october.
I managed to get onto my consoles and have done 3 of them but for the last 5 months i have not jumped at all,ok i'll admit that i got scared after landing pretty hard almost six miles off from tthe dropzone,but i want to get back into it and i am unsure of where i will have to start again
Doing the whole aff course will be a financial drain but i feel empty without skydiving,any instructors reading this that will be able to let me know my position
greatly appreciated
p.s i am in the uk

AFAIK you should not go back to a total AFF but you would have to do some evaluation jumps with an instructor.
Maybe I am wrong, try and contact instructors at the DZ you want to go jumping. They will be able to give you the correct answers
scissors beat paper, paper beat rock, rock beat wingsuit - KarlM

just to echo the above - contact your dropzone and they can tell you exactly what you need to do

I would guess you'll probably need a brief refresher training and one jump with an instructor (price being dependent on the dropzone, but not much more than two slots) - and if everything is ok, then continue with your consols

here's a map if you need to find your 'local'

http://www.bpa.org.uk/dropzone/dzone.htm

Congrats on wanting to keep on with the sport. When you go the DZ talk to the instructors about your last jump so they will understand your concerns and give you the advice to stop it happening again.

Best of luck and enjoy.
I'm drunk, you're drunk, lets go back to mine....

Once you get it you can't get out.
A friend of mine started the AFF course and he did not finnish the course after a few months I think about 6 he return and did not start from level one of the jumps' just before finnishing the course he stoped again and 4 months later he is starting agin and agin not from the beginning of the AFF course.
SO it depend on how you where in the course and if the instractors remember you and how you jump.
So the best advice is what was given to you talk to your DZ instractors.
sorry for speling mistakes :$

...And once you have tasted flight, you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been and there you long to return...
blue sky
Asaf

ok i'll admit that i got scared after landing pretty hard almost six miles off from tthe dropzone,

6 miles? That must be the mother of all bad spots? Do you mind sharing the story?
"We've been looking for the enemy for some time now. We've finally found him. We're surrounded. That simplifies things." CP