tkhayes

Parts of Florida Shut Down

HELLO!! It isn't the President. He isn't looking at a map pointing a finger saying - oh, yeah clear out this area and this area and this area. It is whatever staff is in charge of the President's security - Secret Service and they work from a set of protocols. I don't like or dislike our President but it isn't him personally responsible for deciding what gets shutdown. His only option is to barricade himself in the whitehouse and not go out. Where ever he goes they clear the area. So maybe we could ask him to please not go near any skydiving centers because it really pisses us off but...

Look at the good side - if you know you are shut down everyone gets to go out and have a good time together. During 9/11 CrossKeys got shutdown for extra time because of their location. I had all the jumpmasters up to my house in Vermont (lived there at the time). Took them all to my work (The Land Rover Driving School) and let them all do the off-road driving course, The British School of Falconry, A Fly-fishing Course and a night of spelunkinig. It sucked that they were out of work but we made the most of it.

HELLO!! It isn't the President. He isn't looking at a map pointing a finger saying - oh, yeah clear out this area and this area and this area. It is whatever staff is in charge of the President's security - Secret Service and they work from a set of protocols. I don't like or dislike our President but it isn't him personally responsible for deciding what gets shutdown. His only option is to barricade himself in the whitehouse and not go out. Where ever he goes they clear the area. So maybe we could ask him to please not go near any skydiving centers because it really pisses us off but...

Look at the good side - if you know you are shut down everyone gets to go out and have a good time together. During 9/11 CrossKeys got shutdown for extra time because of their location. I had all the jumpmasters up to my house in Vermont (lived there at the time). Took them all to my work (The Land Rover Driving School) and let them all do the off-road driving course, The British School of Falconry, A Fly-fishing Course and a night of spelunkinig. It sucked that they were out of work but we made the most of it.

The SS has its rules to follow, but the White House gets to decide where the President will go. I see GWB's going on a campaigning trip as no more valid a reason to screw up a lot of businesses than Bill Clinton's haircut.

Neither reason was in the nation's interest.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

I beg to differ. If the president said "I am going to downtown Tampa to have an ice cream..." Then they would make that happen. I totally believe that he does not understand the impact of his security to the average joe on the street, but he certainly has the capacity to make the changes if he chose to do so.

He is not under some 'massive security screen' that he cannot change himself - he is the President and he can do anything he wants.

Reminds me of a story when the Rolling Stones were in Toronto. We thought it would be cool to get them to jump. A friend put me in touch with the manager of their tour. I said "No way 'they' would let Mick Jagger jump when he is on tour". His reply was "If Mick Jagger decides to jump, then he will jump."

BTW they never did

Problem with most politian is that they are out of touch with the average man who voted them in. George Bush I expect does not know what the price of gas is. Does not know that many kids get substandard education. Does not know that lots of kids in Mississippi still go barefoot. Does not know what the price of a quart of milk is.

Does not know that his security costs and impact is probably in the neighborhood of millions of dollars per day.

The President can not do anything he wants. He is a pawn for the most part - you're watching too many movies.

Why am I arguing? I hate politics....:P

And who is the king who calls the shots, then? Who really runs the USA?

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

Email the president please, and tell him that GA businesses rely on airspace to make a living.
If the president himself is going to be the cause of businesses losing money, then maybe he should stay home and watch Daytona on TV.

Do you honestly think George II even gives a shit ? This is old news to So. Cal. skydivers. Elsinore gets shut down every time that asshole visits LA. (And no, Bill Clinton wasn't any better, he tied up the works getting a fucking haircut on the runway at LAX). That's what POWER is all about, it's about not giving a shit about the lives of ordinary people, it's about fucking as many people over as you can, BECAUSE you can. Regardless of which party you affiliate with.

Your humble servant.....Professor Gravity !

Tell us TK...
What's it like having a neck fusion? Does it hurt? Any pain pills? Aren't you afraid of further herneations above and below the fusion? What exactly happened to your neck and what did they do? If this is not appropriate for this forum discussion please send me a Personal message.
I have 2 herneated discs, C-4-5, 5-6. Had a foramenotomy to open foramen from pinched nerve, but they left in the herneations and a big bone spur. I have been having problems since my surgery. I have been told to fuse the whole mess, but I don't want to. Were you in pain before surgery? Did the surgery reduce the pain? Do you have any other pathology in there still? Carl had a foramenotomy, but they did it athroscopically, and he had a far better outcome than mine- they cut open the whole back of my neck. Do you have any trouble from paralysis and weakness and instability in the neck and shoulder area from devastation of muscles and nerves along your neck and shoulder area from the surgery? What did you do for PT? :o

Interesting that you should mention the Texas connection. Here's something more on that, and related, I think, to what we could be talking about. Just some further food for thought...

From "Avweb - the internet's aviation e-magazine and news service":

Until President Bush leaves office, anyone wanting to build or erect anything more than 50 feet tall in his hometown of Crawford, Texas, will not only need the normal building and zoning permits, he or she will also require FAA approval. The purpose of the rule, finalized February 6, is to ensure that new construction doesn't get in the way of the various low-level flight patterns the Marines and Secret Service have worked out to make sure President Bush gets to his ranch in safety and security. It's not only pilots that face restrictions in President Bush's hometown. Now that the comments (all three of them) on the rule have been received, read and pretty much discounted, the rule has been finalized. The rule has actually been in effect since last April 22 but was considered an interim rule because it was enacted without the normal 90-day comment period. The comments received warned of impact on the local business community and one commenter questioned whether every future president would cause changes to his hometown's local building standards. The FAA isn't ruling that out, but it also is stressing that each project is considered individually and, if it doesn't pose a hazard to the president's flights, will be allowed to proceed.

Hmmm.....

Hometown. Summer-home. Current Prez. Ex-Prez. Wonder how much these lines might be able to be blurred with such things?
coitus non circum - Moab Stone