Blahr

Whos afraid of the big bad 182?

I have a goal of achieving 100 jumps by May 6th.

Why May 6th? Because, due to nearly a decade off from jumping, that will also be the 15th anniversary of my first jump.

The problem: I currently have 79 jumps. This means I need to get in 20 jumps by May5th so that number 100 falls on the 6th.

My DZ time is limited and due to the time of year, work, kids, weather, etc I'm having a hard time getting on a schedule that will allow me to hit that date.

There really isnt anything that anyone can help me with other than 1 thing.

Monday is gonna be very nice at Cross Keys. Sunny, fair, light wind. This doesnt happen a lot this time of year. Especially the light wind part.

You can help me reach my goal by coming to the DZ and making some jumps on Monday :-)

Several occasions lately I've gone out and stayed on the ground because nobody else came out to jump.
They now have their 182 back in service and all I need is 1 other person to show up and we will get to fly.

Just 1 guy (or gal). Thats all I need to get in a few jumps B|

I went out last Wednesday and there WAS one other guy there. Know what he said?
"I'm a turbine slut" and he wouldnt jump the 182. No jumps for me that day.
You know who you are, Mr. Turbine Slut. :P

How about it? First DZ.com person that shows up on Monday and refers to this post gets one free jump paid for by me B|B|

Blahr,
the Mardi Gras boogie is going on in Moss Point MS, if ya can travel. It started today and will last thru next weekend. you could easily get your jumps in there. Supposed to be great weather too. I'd be there but I got busted landing gear.
hurry..leave now.
craig

I wish I could.
If travel was an option for me right now
I 'd just head south instead of begging people to come
to Cross Keys B|

If I lived near you, I would totally jump with you, and you wouldn't have to pay.

COME ON PEOPLE!!! Let's help the guy out!

Let's not forget we are all in this together. Woo hoo, rah rah, etc. :)
Hope that helps.

You da man B| If you ever find yourself in PA/NJ look me up. I'll buy you a jump just for that post B|

went out last Wednesday and there WAS one other guy there. Know what he said?
"I'm a turbine slut" and he wouldnt jump the 182. No jumps for me that day.
You know who you are, Mr. Turbine Slut.

im the "turbine slut" blahr speaks of.

DUDE! the wind was 10 gusting to 23, im sooo not going to get on a 182 and sit next to a hairless cat for half an hour to jump in that kinda wind.
and i didnt say i was a turbine slut, i said, "im flying my kite!"
:P:P

my weather prediction for may 6th: windy and cold, with a hint of DOOM!! :D:ph34r::D
(family guy reference for you people who think in nutz)

my weather prediction for may 6th: windy and cold, with a hint of DOOM!! :D:ph34r::D
(family guy reference for you people who think in nutz)

Do I detect a FedEx commercial coming on?

[over dramatic] Quick! Some one help this man reach 100 jumps or we are all DOOMED! DOOMED ! DOOOOOMED!!!!!

Hmm....you jump at cross keys and own a rig. I bet you'll have to slow down to do your 100th on may 6th. Once it warms up a little, they'll be putting up more loads than you know what to do with. You shouldn't have a problem doing 20 jumps in 2 april weekends... if you can be there.

Dave

I agree with Dave. Once the weather warms up a bit, people will start coming out in droves to Cross Keys.

In addition, the season opens on April 24th. That means all the big planes come back and the place will be packed. You could easily make 10 jumps that weekend and the following weekend after that (May 1,2). You'll get there. Just have to be a bit more patient. Even more people will start coming out in March. It's too bad that you can't make it on the nice weekends, the hard core RW guys are always there jumping. They can't convince me until it's warmer though.

Allen - I wouldn't jump in those winds either! And the hairless cat kind of scares me - wouldn't want to be next to it for 30 minutes either.

kristen
swooo #3 MB #3587 P.M.S. #66
"so let go, jump in...what're you waiting for? it's all right 'cause there's beauty in the breakdown"

DUDE! the wind was 10 gusting to 23, im sooo not going to get on a 182 and sit next to a hairless cat for half an hour to jump in that kinda wind.

Girly man ;)

and i didnt say i was a turbine slut, i said, "im flying my kite!"
:P:P

You did say you were a turbine slut! I know cuz I hadnt ever heard that term before till you said it.
Nice kite, though. I thought it was gonna drag you into the swoop pond B|

I thought it was gonna drag you into the swoop pond

I'd love to see a video of that! Was the pond still frozen over or has it thawed?

True about the fleas though. I am willing to jump from a 182, as I am a turbine brat, but I can't take days off of work.

kristen
swooo #3 MB #3587 P.M.S. #66
"so let go, jump in...what're you waiting for? it's all right 'cause there's beauty in the breakdown"

Just found out last night that 3 guys from my DZ
are headed to crosskeys on Sunday 2/22, I'm not
one of them,, rig is getting a repack. Good luck.
Say hello to the guys at SD long Island.

Hope they stick around till Monday. Sunday is gonne be windy as hell. I doubt there will be much jumping goin on. :(

Every one of my 40 jumps is from a 182. I cant wait to get to Hawaii in may and jump from a king air.

This is my take.... on the 182....versus the turbines
" I'd rather take an Otter,,, freefall for 30 seconds, and find myself at 9,500 feet,,,
than take a C182,,,,
SIT in the airplane for 30 MINUTES,,,,
and find myself at 9,500 feet...B|;).
really though..... While I did love .....all the great times enjoyed while jumping from 180s and 182s...as well as all the people with whom we shared those good times.... it is understandable that now that we have such better access to turbines,,,,,those "multi-person elevators" would be the aircraft of choice... ....
..there's just something about....
"A Thousand feet a minute" ,,,, which is hard to resist.....:ph34r: :)

Yes. I agree. I'll take the turbine. But if the choice is a 182 or nothing at all I'm goin up in that 182.

On the day in question, turbines were not an option.

------------------------------------------------------------
Chris,
How about Tues. or Thurs. afternoon? I can be at Crosskeys by about 1 PM, weather permitting. Send me a PM if you like.
Dave

Hope I'm not afraid of a 182, considering that I've flown one before. ;)

I'd gladly jump with you if I was anywhere near where you are there in PA, but I'm down here in GA, so that's a little too far. [:/]
--------
To put your life in danger from time to time ... breeds a saneness in dealing with day-to-day trivialities.

--Nevil Shute, Slide Rule

all I need is 1 other person to show up and we will get to fly.

You could just pay for the other person's slot and ride the 182 alone. My DZ's 182 is a climbing rocket when it's just me and the pilot. (I wanted to jump BAD and nobody else would go. Some more $ and problem solved.)

-=-=-=-=-
Pull.