tailander

Indiana Skydiving Academy Fire

Thank you everyone for your encouragement. I set up a separate paypal account for Indiana Skydiving Academy - fire relief fund. It's under my e-mail at: [email protected].

When any of our friends that have helped us want to stop by the dz, jumps (and refreshments) are on us.

Thanks again for all of the well-wishes and encouragement.

Just a note of thanks to everyone who has contacted me, Bo or Paula with words of encouragement and or donations or monetary help. Paula has created a paypal account to help accept donations as I am sure that you read on the previous post. Bo and Paula are sometimes too proud for their own good and it was like pulling teeth to get them to set it up.

I with the help of many, many others have begun organizing a fund raiser, auction, dinner, drinking binge tentatively scheduled for Saturday, March 6th. This was originally supposed to be a surprise to Bo and Paula because their stupid pride wouldn't have allowed me to do it, but........screw em. It's better to ask for forgiveness than for permission.

We have had so much help from gear manufacturers and individuals and there will be so much great stuff to auction off with the proceeds going to keeping us afloat. There are far too many people to thank on this posting but everyone will definately be acknowledged at the event. So save the date on your calendar and save some money in your pocketbook.

I will be sending a letter to everyone who has jumped at ISA explaining when, where, and what the event is. Everyone, including anyone who has not jumped with us is invited to come and eat, drink, bid, and drink, and drink, and drink. There is no obligation to give any time, money, goods, services or anything of the sort but we will appreciate the hell out of it if you do.

Feel free to subscribe to our mailing list to keep up to date on the events of the dropzone including the fundraiser. Here is the link:

http://www.indianaskydivingacademy.com/mailman/listinfo/isajumpers_indianaskydivingacademy.com

Check the events link as well for updates, I will put a link to the paypal account on there if anyone is interested in that. Give me a day or so to get it all updated as it is a pretty busy time right now. www.indianaskydivingacademy.com is the web addy if you dont know yet.

Anyone please feel free to contact me at [email protected] or call me direct at 812-459-1418 (unless you are a bill collecter) if you have any goods or services you would like to auction off at the event or if you would just like to say hi.

Remember you don't have to have material goods to auction off. I am going to give a lifetime of reserve repacks by me, and I am also going to auction 24 hours of slave labor by me, just think getting to tell me what to do for a full day and there isn't anything I can do about it. (within limits Phil) You can auction yourself off for a date or anything your imagination can dream up so get those emails coming.

Thanks again for all the support we couldn't survive without all the love and help from you all. Talk to you all soon.
Ward

It's me again, there is no way I can list everyone who has been helping on here but I am going to list only the people who have emailed me directly with goods, services or anything else. If you are not on here, it is only because I don't have your email address. Or because I am busy with all this now and I am a moron and just forgot. Anyway, below are some of the wonderful people who have helped in many ways. Please take the time to flood their email with thanks. There will be many more posts as I get them. Thanks again so much to everyone.
Ward
Wyat Drewes [email protected]
Doug Kronk [email protected]
Julie Smith [email protected]
Nancy [email protected]
Kelly [email protected]
Lori Harrington [email protected]
red [email protected]
cliff [email protected]
ram [email protected]
Charles Priest [email protected]
Bill Homer [email protected]
steve [email protected]
Todd, Angie, Daniel, and Donnie [email protected]
wendy [email protected]

Oh yeah, and thanks to Nightengale for putting the link to our mailing list above. Here it is again if you need it
http://www.indianaskydivingacademy.com/mailman/listinfo/isajumpers_indianaskydivingacademy.com

Hey, Ward! I see! You finally found dropzone.com and are too busy reading crap online to call me back! :D

Could you please take my email address off? :)
Thanks for the paypal acct! It costs me too much money to send checks!
There's a thin line between Saturday night and Sunday morning

Hi everyone. I just wanted to thank everyone again. We are going to take our first tangible step in rebuilding the dz tonight.

Thanks to our friends' generous donations, we're going to begin by ordering the rigging tools that we need so that when we get some gear in, we'll be able to pack it:)
My husband brought in a burned closing pin tonight from one of the rigs. It was pretty depressing to only have that remaining. But, we're also getting excited about the rebuilding process.

We're going to go out and take some picture and post them. We'll put a link here in the next day or two. It's kind of interesting to see the remains. Human nature always seems to want to look at the accident as you drive by.

By the way...the sky was blue today.

Well, the fund raiser is set. We all have our assignments and sounds like a good time will be had by all.. If your interested in attending the Fund Raiser for ISA put your reservation in at this web address: http://indianaskydivingacademy.com/rsvp/index.php

For directions on how to get there, go to this web address: http://www.indianaskydivingacademy.com/fundraiserdirections.htm

Or, just head to Indiana Skydiving Academy's web-site http://www.indianaskydivingacademy.com and it will take you there.

Looking forward to seeing you all there!!

If any of you out of towners are coming to the fund raiser and need a place to crash, let me know in a PM. I live a short distance from the fund raiser site, and might have some floor space.
------------------------------------------------
I've done so much, with so little, for so long
I'm now expected to do everything with nothing forever