AlphaMale

Big Boy Wants to Jump : HELP HIM JUMP

Well, thats your opinion, when i see your oversize, i'll make the determination to pull my student off your load in place of a safer load. I'll make it for the safety of me and the student. If i think the plane or pilot isn't ready to drop the current load safely, i'll change it, or i'll bump (i'm past that quarky stage of gogogogogo screw safety).

Oh, and thanks for the sweaty heads up, I wouldn't want my rig absorbing any of that.

Be pissed all you want, it isn't my problem. I know enough to keep you from being my problem at any DZ.

Rico, please also note the experience level of the posters. The lower jumpers all agree to pat you on the back, yell, "do it", "go for it", "your the best", and do their best to totally disreguard safety.

Actually this seems like a fairly lame comment. All your experience with heavy non-tandem jumpers appears to be anecdotal, which makes your jump numbers/experience position somewhat spurious. You can only /imagine/ what us anvils go through while we /live it/ with every jump we make. When it comes to issues dealing with weight, I'd put more credence in advice from a 300 lbs person with 75 jumps than a height-weight proportinate skygod with 7500 jumps.

I'd guess that you'll want to rebut something about CG concerns and all that, so I'll put it simply. It doesn't matter whether it's 4 anvils or 40 HWP divers makign an exit. The possibility for CG issues is ever present and it is the responsibility of the pilot and divers(regardless of expereince level) to ensure that CG is respected. That doesn't matter whether you weigh 1 or 1000 lbs.

-Blind
"If you end up in an alligator's jaws, naked, you probably did something to deserve it."

Let the Pilots worry about the weights, being an instructor you should be as positive and motivating to everyone your dzo pays you to instruct.

Guess what? Its the responcibility of every jumper on the plane to make sure the GC is not compromised in the plane. Ever been in a plane and have the stall warning go off? I have, its not fun. Its even worse when you are up against the bulk head with 5 people between you and the door and its all because the group exiting has put 5 large people floating and a camera guy and 4 people inside. Your heart goes at 100 mph since you hear that "BZZZZZZZZZZZZZT" sound and you know whats coming unless everyone gets the fuck off that plane right then and now. B|

Instructors are there to recruit, but they are also there to put all the facts on the table with out hiding or sugar coating any of them. The "bowling" speech is not fun to give, but it has to be done some times.
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

I see your point. My brother is a pilot and I've been around planes for some time so it is a concern and something that I understand. Coming from a cessna dz our communication preflight with the pilot and inflight is excellent. With only 4people plus the pilot its pretty easy to watch out for everyone. I guess I responded with that rational in mind. The times I have jumped at turbine dz's I never spoke to the pilot once. Just the load oraganizers and the people I was jumping with and to be honest I relied on there experience and my own. At the end of the day as an instructor the student relies on you the same way. Point taken Phree.

peace
jay

Rico, here's a great case-in-point. Just a couple of words sends the whiners on a crazy and nutzy godlike speal. Imagine what anything physical could cause. Gawd I wish I had the time in my day to pick apart every little word in every sentence, but I got a life to live and a load to catch...

It has nothing to do with whining.....I has everything to do with you being an ass to the guy. You could have gotten your point across in a better way than you did. I'd hate to sit next to you in a plane not because "you" smell like ass, it's your damn attitude! >:(
Blue Skies!!!
Kimmy

Do you really go around showing off your ignorance? is not about how many jumps you have or if you're smeally it's about giving this guy some pointers to look at, keep your sarcasam or other comments to yourself and give some adecuate advice.

The guy needs to lose some weight we all agree, what's up with the attacks, you know if we were having drinks this guys weight would not bother me nearly as much as your attitude.

Peace..
Carlos
http://web.mac.com/ac057a/iWeb/AC057A/H0M3.html

Instructors are there to recruit, but they are also there to put all the facts on the table with out hiding or sugar coating any of them. The "bowling" speech is not fun to give, but it has to be done some times.

I thought we educate. Have you given your "bowling" speech to many AFF students? I have taught close to 50 FJCs within the last year and you can never tell who is going to be the best/worst student. They may nail all the procedures on the ground and have the best body position, then everything goes to shit in the air. Conversely, the students who have the worst arch, may in fact be some of the better fliers. Release dives are even more fun, as you probably know.

You should meet and jump with Aubrey. He's a good skydiver, and a fine canopy pilot.

Jeremy ruffled the feathers of a lot of people on this thread because of his skygod attitude. That's fine and just his opinion. He's doing what he believes is the safe thing, even though his multiple responses make him look like an ass.

Hey dude, I know you can do it you want to. I am about 160 (6'0" tall) and perfectly fit. I'm not small, not big, just in the middle. I'm sure if you want to lose some muscle weight you can easily get down to about 200 lbs at 6'2" and look totally healthy. Best of luck.

PcCoder.net

I'm sure if you want to lose some muscle weight you can easily get down to about 200 lbs at 6'2" and look totally healthy.

If he has that much muscle....then if he got down to 200 pounds he might LOOK totally healthy, but I highly highly doubt he would actually BE healthy. You don't just lose muscle weight like that...doesn't work like that.

and I'm worried about my 6'2" husband getting all the way down to 200. [:/] I'm not so sure that he will look as good if he does...more yet if he will be as healthy.

--------------------------------------------
Elfanie
My Skydiving Page
Fly Safe - Soft Landings

Whew... It's a little warm in here but I think I qualify to comment here. I had wanted to skydive since i was 10 and I saw a bunch of canopies opening over my head in Hawaii. I was overweight most of my adult life. I used to go down to Otay in San Diego and sit on the little hill above the DZ and watch. I never went on the DZ for fear of being ridiculed. I was about 400 pounds. 2.5 years ago I had a gastric bypass and got to goal weight and began skydiving. My health was way too bad to consider skydiving at that weight. Skybytch and others have made some valid points about why you should wait and bring you weight down. I would also agree with them. Hey guy I took a couple of hard tumble in the begining and I know I would have got seriously hurt if I was over 300 pounds. I know what it was like to fall at that weight and it's not pretty. There was another poster that was just malicious and wore his ignorance with his comments. You know at 166 pounds I'm the same person I was when I was 450 pounds. I'm heather and happier but the same person. You would have never have though I was once obese by looking at me today. Yet at 450 pounds you probably would have already had some judgements about the type of person I was. God bless friend. You'll grow up one day I hope. I remember seeing a big guy jump in San Diego and I think it was atsaubrey. He did ok but I remember being a little worried for the guy becasue I knew what it was like to be that weight. In anycase my friend I would consider waiting until you drop a couple of pounds. Even getting just under 300 should make a difference.

Take care,

Ed

At 320 lbs, I would get pissy if you were sitting in the back of the plane with a full load in the dead of summer. Just wouldn't happen. I'd be placing you over the wings every time. And then people would be bitching at me becuase they would be forced to sit on the bench, and rubbin up on you. 320 lbs in a 110 degree plane is NOT FUN, and probably doesn't smell good

DAYUM I need to tell Ken and GUS and HArry to just quit skydiving. I dont think any one of them is under 250 lbs. Ken is like 6'5" and 325 and jumps a Tri 260 in an Infinity , and Gus and Harry both jump 190's in thier Infinity's.
I bought Gus' old Tri 260 and have it in MY Infinity right now and since I am a mere 6'1" and the floatybutt on jumps with those guys I love jumping with them on the SlotPerfect dives.
There is also a guy here on DZ. COM TALL GUY who is like 6'9" and based on how much he felt like he weighed when I picked him up at Eloy;) I would say he is over 250 as well.

In jumping with any of these fine gentlemen I have never noticed even any where near the stench that comes off a couple skinny foul smelling assholes who have some serious gastric problems who frequent our airplanes here in WA.

Not everyone in the world fits into THE nice little "normal" label. There are little people and there are BIG people. With the right gear and with people with GOOD attitudes to learn from Alpha Male will do just fine. The most important thing is to get in shape physically so that landings can be done safely. AlphaMale just get out there and do it. Edited to add ( oh by the way Check out my D license number prettyboy) If you are jumping around Phoenix.. just head on down to Eloy where you will find a VERY professional staff ...but just remember not to swat the "little" people out there.

you'd think I would have calmed down by now, but I am just as pissed as before if not more so. Time to get a anvil group together and head to Colorado for some jumps. The godda......not gonna slam anyone anymore, almost started name calling. 99.9% of you RAWK!
"GOT LEAD?"

Hi Atsaubrey

Don't worry be happy!

I jumped with some big boys once at kapow (might be some of the guys amazon mentioned) Great bunch, great attitude, fun to jump with, they set the fall rate and we didn't have to worry about going low!

Skygods? The first time I met one was in the mid seventies Some guy went low on his load so the skygod popped him in the mouth at the beginning of the debrief. Power and control thing.

Some dropzones got skygod employee's some got professionals who know how to deal with the public.

IMO don't waste your time worrying what a skysnob says on the net. Just think of the little kids in H.S. or the academys with their bully's & hazing. QC is gettting off on your anger. Don't feed the animals.

Jump your ass off
R.I.P. B7881