AlphaMale

Big Boy Wants to Jump : HELP HIM JUMP

Did we miss this?

And for everyone else - a personal attack made in response to a personal attack is still a personal attack. Take that to PM's.

You and sangrio mean like this

"Awwwww, you poor babies!!! Really, I think I'm gonna cry. Poor poor little (and big) skydivers, feelin all blue all over.

Sickening really, you'd think SKYDIVERS would have thicker skin. Probably too much esctasy and ground time.

Time for a group hug?"

R.I.P.

I jumped with some big boys once at kapow (might be some of the guys amazon mentioned) Great bunch, great attitude, fun to jump with, they set the fall rate and we didn't have to worry about going low!

Slug.. you rock guy.. I love jumping with those guys.. they were out there having MAD FUN on sunday and I got to jump with em. They call themselves Slotperfect. Any slot you can get into is just perfect. And ANY load that I am the floatybutt on is just way too kewl...:)
Bring some of the crew over to Kapow.. we have the SUPERDUPER OTTER with the -34 engines now and MAN that thing climbed even with a full load of us BIG PEOPLE on it. 1400 to 1600 FPM is a seriously nice ride. I bet we could set one SMOKIN base for a big way

Ed, congrats on the weightloss - I had a lap band done about 14 months ago, I've lost about 90 lbs, with about another 50 to go - shooting for 199. :)

Speaking of big boy rigs - I am going to be selling my current container and reserve soon. It's too short for me, so I'm getting a new Vector 3 (I REALLY love my wife. ;)) Anyway, this is probably the right group of guys to mention this to, if anyone is interested. It's a Vector 2, size V9, with a Raven IV (282 sq ft) reserve and a Cypres (exp 5/2005.) The main that i have in it now I'll be keeping, it's a Silhouette 230 that's really on the small size for the container; a ZP 260 of some sort would fit better, and I think you could probably go bigger than that. Anyway, thought I'd mention it.

Awwwww, you poor babies!!! Really, I think I'm gonna cry. Poor poor little (and big) skydivers, feelin all blue all over.

Sickening really, you'd think SKYDIVERS would have thicker skin. Probably too much esctasy and ground time.

Time for a group hug?

Why do professional skydivers get all bitchy in the winter? Oh wait. That means me too.

On another note. Here is a picture of a guy I know who dropped some weight in order to skydive. He had to order custom gear (Hurray for me!), because we couldn't find anything to fit is large frame.

Some of you may have climbed..... oh I mean, may know him. B|

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Peace and Blue Skies!
Bonnie ==>Gravity Gear!

Hey eveyrone,
Never though this many people would reply to my post. Thanks so much for the info. I need to call Aubrey and chat with him.
As for Jeremy who cares. I understand what he is saying. Everyone's opinions count. I mean it is good to know what I am getting into here right.
Losing weight sounds like it would be smart to do. But also Aubrey sounds like he has a lot to offer in this situation. So i am going to chat with him on that.
And Yes I need to lose some weight, and Will.
I swear you Skydivers are just cool as hell.
Keep it coming. I got the names of some DZOs here in the area and actually chatted with some sky-divers in the area.
Thanks again guys.

When Does a 45 Second Free Fall Stop Feeling like 3 seconds?

I'm sure if you want to lose some muscle weight you can easily get down to about 200 lbs at 6'2" and look totally healthy. Best of luck.

Maybe, maybe not. I'm 6'1" and the last time I got down to 190-200 I looked anorexic! I'm 250lbs right now and look just right. Maybe by your definition I'm obese and shouldn't be skydiving!
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

Maybe, maybe not. I'm 6'1" and the last time I got down to 190-200 I looked anorexic! I'm 250lbs right now and look just right.

Hmm.. you must have more muscle mass on you than I do. I'm at 250 now, same height, and I still have a pretty good stomach to lose. :) Do you do much weight training, Dave?

Hey, you should check with Joe Thomas. Or as I refer to him the "Tandem Rig Adaptor", he's a tandem instructor and I think he weighs around 140lb. The two of you with rig shoud wiegh in at around 510, 520lb. If it works out, take pictures I'd like to see em! Here's his DZ.com id, jdthomas
Experience is what you get when you thought you were going to get something else.

AC DZ

Well I thought I would get this out there...probably a question for a DZO but if Alphamale brings a jump ready converted tandem rig with him, will you give him his first AFF jump? Obviously he is in AZ so any DZ's close by (SoCal would work) is what he and I would be looking for.
"GOT LEAD?"

Obviously he is in AZ so any DZ's close by (SoCal would work) is what he and I would be looking for.

there are at least 3 DZs closer than california...
Coolidge
Eloy
and Buckeye

They are all around the Phoenix area...

--------------------------------------------
Elfanie
My Skydiving Page
Fly Safe - Soft Landings

hell I dont care, i'll drive to az, but meant az or socal. dz's would work.

Yeah!! So we'll get Aubrey, Rico, and Brian (the three falling anvil's!) over to Coolidge...me, weighing 140 pounds, would love to jump with all three of ya'll! :D I have a mean arch, I tell ya - MEAN!

(And if anyone gets a chance, Rodeo one of these big boys! Brian and I pulled out 190MPH just doing a rodeo jump. B| )

We'll just have to get our DZO to do one of his famous plane fumigations so we don't smell all of your fat sweaty selves. :P

Elfanie
My Skydiving Page
Fly Safe - Soft Landings

Now hold on elfanie. We have some anvils in Buckeye as well! You could rodeo me and then we could turn points with them:S

Heh....that sounds like fun.

I've never jumped in Buckeye...I might have to take a trip over there and give you guys a try. =) (heads to PM)

Elfanie
My Skydiving Page
Fly Safe - Soft Landings

There are more things to consider than just getting a rig to fit you. There is the size of the door and the fact that you will likely be falling at more than 140 mph just to name a couple. I have learned a lot from putting Aubrey and Chad through their courses. I would never want to take someone that size on their first few skydives with a door smaller than an Otter's door. You are big, the rig is big and the instructors that go with you would have a much better chance if they were at least fairly big. I would recommend finding someone with experience jumping with guys your size.

I would recommend finding someone with experience jumping with guys your size.

Like oh who could that be...umm....well....umm Prost? Paul? If no one here in our area let him jump, I does believes a trip to ole Miss is going to be in the works. When are the instructors at Gold Coast gonna get tired of me sending them BIG BOYS.
"GOT LEAD?"