cocheese

Solo jumps: who needs em ?

I get scared doing so lows. Too much time to think of that ground coming up so quick! But it's fun to practice 90, 180, 360, 450, etc... turns, multiples of 90, stopping on a dime, then going the other way. My favorites are radical 2 ways. You can spin through those so fast you are huffing and puffing al dizzy when you open. Carl and I have our favorite:
360 one way to redock-360 the other way redock-cat one way360 to redocl to-cat on the other dude-360-to redock to closed accordian one way 360 to redock to closed accordian the other side to redock to the top.
More simply put: round-360-round-cat-cat-closed-closed-round. But put a 360 between each posotion to redock on that same position before moving to the next formation.
Quite a great, really fun drill dive! :SB|

If for some reason I'm on a load doing a solo from altitude, Ilike to work on something, like trying to improve my really poor freeflying skills.

But, I really love having a chance to do a solo on a day where we're only getting like 5-7k. There's something really cool to my just laying on my belly, totally relaxing, and watching myself fall through the sky...It's like wow...what an amazing thing we do. Usually, there's no time to just think about falling from a plane, when you're busy thinking about the next point, or what you're student is doing. You almost start to take the basic experience for granted.

Sometimes it's fun to give into and exploit the fear thing just to accentuate the adrenaline. I have put my hand on my pilot chute and just stared at the ground thinking about exactly what is happening, just letting my mind really get into it! Then I take it down to a good 2 grand, watching the ground get increasingly larger, try to get a real sense of ground rush... then pull! Fun to play with yourself, your mind, and your internal body chemistry! Can get a real adrenaline high off it it! :S;)B|

Hey cocheese, I love my solos. Did two today.

One I did just to fly my canopy, exit at 8500 pulled by 7500 and flew my canopy like the wind. (At least as much as I can at my skill level:D.)

I thoroughly enjoy them.

I do however enjoy flying with other people too. It all depends on the mood I am in. I like to do my first jump of the day as a solo. Gets me ready, psyched and aware. It also clears the prejump jitters for the rest of the day. It helps me relax. Sometimes if I do four or more jumps that day, I like to end the day on a solo on the sunset load just to relax and enjoy God's creation. See things from His viewpoint (at least as close as I can physically get for now.):D

Love solos, love em love em love em.:)