firstime

deploying stable

At the start of skydiving we all have issues (things that have work on). I had my own such as exits, then
to the potato chipping then the final set up. I worked
on those things to make it better. Now I have this issue (last 2 jumps) when I reach for the hackey,I am dipping my shoulder... The rig I have now with
6 jumps on it (G3) the hackey is in a different spot.
It's up a little higher. Therefore I am reaching)not good) because just when I start to flip my pilot is already out. I only have 56 jumps but going back to coach jumps next week. If any newbies out there are reading this please go into the pull postion and hold for a few seconds then dump. And for anyone who can throw me a little bit of advice with this issue would be a great help. I will do as many coach jumps as needed to remedy this issue because I know it's dangerous if not done right and I am fortunate that I am here to share this. I have a big ass riser burn on my cheek from this morning.

thanks for listening

Thanks , It's great to get some input from these forums, just need a couple of jumps to give me that
eye opening sense of confidence. I know and will not play with the big boys until I am comforatble with my
own skills. I always get out with alot of seperation and stay away from others, I will not try to fly with the group because I now have my A. I will wait for them to ask me.

I will not try to fly with the group because I now have my A. I will wait for them to ask me.

Dont wait too long with that though.. there is only so much you learn from solo jumps, in fact you might learn the wrong things.

When you approach a group, just be honest about your skills, they will appreciate that and you will learn a lot from jumping with people that are more experienced.

No need to rush this though, do it when you feel comfortable.

Iwan

It sounds like you already know what your issue is. Don't be afraid to put your rig on and practice on the ground. Get some feedback from instructors/coaches while you simulate pulling while lying on a trainer. Build some new muscle memory for your hackey location-- and then do what they said, above, and practice during a dive, with that as your focus. I'm sure you'll get it straightened around.:)

I agree, don't wait for people to ask you. Drop zones can be clicky. Be honest and ask to be part of 4 ways and such. For the stability problem. Do a solo and practice touches all the way to opening altitude may do the trick. If not do the same thing with a coach and video. That will open your eyes a lot. That video still does not lie. A piece of advice may be to have the video from behind so that you don't focus on it. But all angles ot the jump are important.

Thanks Tim, box & VD ( no pun intended),
All of your concern and and advice is a big part of
the "issue". I will do video's on my future jumps, as
they don't lie. I love this sport and not in a hurry to
get to the license progression, but to to be safe for me & my friends. And I will heed to your advice along with my coach and use it to make me smart
in the sky.

And don't forget>>>***don't pet the swetty thing