skygirl1

best way to Bomb Out?

hey all......next weekend I have to do a bomb out exit:S for my aff level.......just curious as to what others have done for this.....I have heard stories of students grabbing their ankles and being gently pushed out so they go front loops right away and just hit the arch........going out backwards.....any advice is appreciated but I know ultimately it is between my JM and I.....just curious..

blue skies and safe landings

skygirl1
" Mean people SUCK!"
  • Like 1

Just dive out, head first, like you are on a diving board. Lots of fun.
Skydivers don't knock on Death's door. They ring the bell and runaway... It really pisses him off.
-The World Famous Tink. (I never heard of you either!!)
AA #2069 ASA#33 POPS#8808 Swooo 1717

I dont know what that is/should be, but enjoy it... :P:P:P
my suggestion, ut yrself in a kind of ball position, and jump doing kind of front loops, and count the number of times you can see the plane flying above you, and how many different angles he has... I wonder why when I do that he suddenly changes the axis of the jumprun :):):):P
scissors beat paper, paper beat rock, rock beat wingsuit - KarlM

Your first (intentional) unstable exit is a blast !! You'll be nervous in the plane, but after you roll out the door and get stability back, it will give you SO much confidence. You'll probably be surprised how quickly you can get stable again as well.

Level Six... Intentional Unstable Exit (Bomb Out) and Recovery to Stable Freefall. Perform disorienting maneuvers (Backloops and Frontloops) and return to Stable Freefall, maintaining Altitude Awareness. At "Break-off Altitude" Turn 180°, track for separation, wave off and deploy parachute no lower than 4,000 feet.

so if i have to leave intentionally unstable..I am assuming this means I cannot present myself to the relative wind???

skygirl1
" Mean people SUCK!"

I had trouble with this one. I did the front dive out the door, into sort of a half barrel roll, and ended up.....on my back. Rolled over, tried a front roll, and ended up on my back again. At this point decided to try back flips. What a blast! Did another for the fun of it, then it was time to pull.

My instructor later said he was happy with how I did. I got unstable in a couple of ways, and got stable from each one.

I'd still like to get front rolls down, but like most moves so far, it'll probably get easier as I get more familiar with freefall.

Judith

Your first (intentional) unstable exit is a blast !!

I find every intentional unstable exit is a blast. They prevent me from worrying about anything, like whether I'll fall off the rail or screw up the count or turn the wrong way while we all have grips...

-=-=-=-=-
Pull.

This was a very fun dive for me. I remember exiting the C206 with the instructor nearby.

I was kneeling, really on one knee, facing the rear of the plane. As I pushed off with my foot (careful not to hit the top of the door) I tucked my chin against my chest and it sent me front flipping/rolling all over the damn place. I can remember falling for quite sometime. When I was stable, after what seemed like 7-10 secs I looked down and saw 8K on the alti. We had exited at 12.5 or so.

Just don't worry about it, that's my best advice. Get out there and just jump, if you don't present to the relative wind correctly, chances are that you'll end up "ass over tea kettle" anyway.

Enjoy!!!
Does whisky count as beer? - Homer
There's no justice like angry mob justice. - Skinner
Be careful. There's a limited future in low pulls - JohnMitchell

The point of this exit is (as I recall) to exit unstable and then regain stability. (The point of AFF is, after all, to make sure you know how to save your life.) For my bomb out, my instructor had me start out all the way at the front of the plane (Otter) and run screaming (he said it was my choice what to scream ... I chose "Oh, SH**************T") to the door and just jump out head first. As mentioned already, it's way fun and you will be surprised how quickly you're on your belly and stable. Have fun. :ph34r:

I did a diving exit on my level six. You turn your body as you exit, so are presenting yourself to the relative wind as you did on your other exits, except you're headdown (or I guess I should say "upside-down" so as not to offend any freaks out there ;)). It's fun!

The FAKE KRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMER!!!!!!!!!

The point of this exit is (as I recall) to exit unstable and then regain stability. (The point of AFF is, after all, to make sure you know how to save your life.) For my bomb out, my instructor had me start out all the way at the front of the plane (Otter) and run screaming (he said it was my choice what to scream ... I chose "Oh, SH**************T") to the door and just jump out head first. As mentioned already, it's way fun and you will be surprised how quickly you're on your belly and stable. Have fun. :ph34r:

Nice. I will have to ask to go out last and ask to do this on my next Otter day. :)

-=-=-=-=-
Pull.

man.........all this is just making me shake from excitement!!!!!!!
I really like running down from the front of the plane and just screaming on exit..........my adrenaline will be pumping so fast that is probably best suited for meB|
I started static line so I am used to going out by myself out of a cessna 182....and man did I have some UNINTENTIONAL unstable exits.........so this should be alot of fun.........
hopefully there will be blue skies next weekend....

safe landings
skygirl1
" Mean people SUCK!"

I personally do not remember doing an intentional unstable exit while going through AFF, maybe because most of my exits were already unintentionally unstable, but fun as hell ;)

A really cool exit I tried this weekend was to step out, presenting my back to the propeller and sort of lying back, really cool to see the plane above your head while lying on your back.

For your unstable exit you could try something like that but a second or two after you exit tuck your knees up and throw your head back and just start doing backflips.

Have a blast! It was awesome to finally realize that it doesn't matter how you exit or what you exit from, cuz you have plenty of time to get stable, so I find the more unstable the exit, the more fun it is. :)
Blue Skies
Melissa

"May the best of your past be the worst of your future"

Very easy, justr dive out, head first. For the bomb out exit, jsut do the exit the way you have been trying not to all along. Easist thig in the world to exit a plane unstable!
--------
To put your life in danger from time to time ... breeds a saneness in dealing with day-to-day trivialities.

--Nevil Shute, Slide Rule

I went on holiday, years ago,  where I tried tandem skydiving & fell in love. I ended up doing 15 jumps that holiday. 1 a day & then twice on a couple of days. It was tandem but I had good experience. 
I exited the aircraft, in tandem, after shirt training in aircraft for last min decision to ‘sit bomb’ for a couple thousand metres and move into the normal position. He would tap my in arm when to fold out. It was mad…I’d love to do AFF course.