sirenita23

where to do afp

where would you suggest? Im in Mexico, done one jump in Playa del Carmen and LOVED IT! Would like to do the course and I´ve been told its a lot cheaper in Arizona than anywhere else in the world. Is this true? Is the safety better some places than others? Has anyone done it there? One of the things i loved about doing it here was the sheer beauty of the sea.. dont know if I´d get the same feeling jumpìng over fields.. what do you think?.. or can you see canyons etc in Arizona??.. Any more useful info all appreciated!!! Thanks

Your questions kind of goes in all directions so it's hard to answer...
It really comes down to what YOU prefer, feel comfortable with...
If you are most concerned about money there are some drop zone that will get you in the air for really cheap... but often you get what you pay for[:/]
I know that for a fact...
So to answer your quesion of safety... IMHO I believe that safety is better some places that others.

Like I said you get what you pay for... If you want a super view, to notch AFF instruction, good vibes, turbine planes etc... it's gonna cost you more than a static line program from a cessna 182 in the middle of fields!
Again, the choice is yours... the view? the money? the quality of instructions? time available?

"We see the world just the way we are...

Hey, don't knock the view of static line training in the middle of fields! Snohomish is Gorgeous.

Everyplace is gorgeous from altitude:)
D28695 PoPs #9237
"Mix ignorance with arrogance at low altitude and the results are almost guaranteed to be spectacular"
— Bruce Landsberg

Good portion of Skydive Chicago's staff along with one of the Twin Otters are all in Ixtapa right now. I have no clue how close or far that is from you but may be better than going to AZ. SDC offers AFP back in Chicago and am not sure if they would take on a student in Ixtapa. I'm sure that some tequila will help to convince them :)

If you are going to do it then step on it as they will be coming back soon since it is getting warmer here in Chicago everyday.

--
markn

Hey, don't knock the view of static line training in the middle of fields! Snohomish is Gorgeous.

I am certainly not knocking off the view of static line training in the middle of fields from a 182...

because that's the route I took.... and still take most weekends:D:D:D...

"We see the world just the way we are...