skipro101

starting dropzone business

I know there was a thread on here about starting your own skydiving dropzone.. I searched for

"skydive dropzone business"

"start dropzone"

"start drop zone"

and didnt get what i wanted. Im sure there was a thread about it and it was too long ago (less than 3 months??)

if anyone can help me out, id appreciate it!

"Anyone can make a small fortune from skydiving, if ."
you simply start out with a large fortune! :o:|[:/]
--------
To put your life in danger from time to time ... breeds a saneness in dealing with day-to-day trivialities.

--Nevil Shute, Slide Rule

lol, funny replies...and some helpful ones:)
My older brother is in med school right now, and im in undergraduate aviation program.

We plan on opening a flight school together, and then eventualy start taking tandems...and then fun jumpers...etc.

Im just toying with the idea and like to investigage these things...

who the hell knows what I will want in 2 years, but since im a pilot, and my brother is a pilot...well it sounds likea fun thing to do...even if we just break even.

Some things to think about for TM jumping.

Reqs to be a TM, you might want to look that up.

Cost of the rating, its not real cheap, with the course and all the jumps, gear rental, etc I believe I spent roughly $800 (if I remember correctly).

The cost of a tandem rig runs in the range of $10,000. Never mind the cost over time for maintaining it, there are rules on replacing parts at certain jumps, that adds up.

Its definately not a cheap undertaking.[:/]
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

yea, the flight school will be first, then when that is going strong, we will start the skydiving thing.

of course, there is nothing stopping us from just driving ourselves up and making jumps.

if we wanted to dive together, we would hrmm..

put the 206 in a dive, jump out, do some freefly work, then fly down and get in by ...oh i dunno, 3k?

hehe:P

My brother and I are looking to each buy a 1/2 share of a 186 to build up our instrument time. I figure we can use it for personel jumps too.

Ive been looking at the FAR's and trying to see what needs to be done so that I can jump from it whenever i feel like a dip. It looks like all I need to do is get the airport owners permission. :)

As a newer jumper, keep in mind there is alot you can learn by being on a DZ. Doing solos out of your own airplane will not teach you much about skydiving on a regular DZ. Just remember that when you are on a DZ.

Don't forget about the unique skills needed to fly a jump plane. Might not be a good place for a low time pilot in a new to them airplane.

Airport permission and file the NOTAM's. Depending on the landing area you might have to have certian licences. Most Airport managers require liability insurance also so that PRO rating insurance usually. One way to get around this is to join the USPA as a GroupMember but to do that you have to have your own DZ or club.

Don't forget the STC's to fly the plane with a jump door (sucks in the winter for normal flights) or a STC with the door removed. Also you'll need a STC to put the jump step on.
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com