christoofar

No AAD, No Jump

Eh, I'm totally opposed to making AADs mandatory. I'll have two rigs and one cypres by next week (YAY!) and have no problem with the idea of using a cypresless rig as a backup rig every once in a while. But being mandatory doesn't matter here. I think a cypres fire should be a great big wakeup call to anyone. What happens next depends on the situation, but it's their choice. Cypres fires happen, and they have happened, or would have happened, to all kinds of skydivers.

I can think of a lot of better reasons to yank someones license. I mean, do you propose to take away anyone's license that gets caught with a misrouted chest strap, or makes some other possibly fatal error? I'd rather take away the license of anyone that recommends using the 45 degree exit separation rule or something that could kill someone else.

Now after 2 cypres fires, alright, they're in the wrong sport. A former rigger of mine has, according to legend, 6 cypres fires. Skydiving isn't for everyone!

Dave

Replace the word "you" with "they" or "somebody" OK.
Better?;)
There are consequences for mistakes. If you take that away then no one is responsible for their actions or lack thereof.
If you take away the consequence of dying, it should be replaced with the consequence of losing your licence. Thats a fair trade.

Now after 2 cypres fires, alright, they're in the wrong sport. A former rigger of mine has, according to legend, 6 cypres fires. Skydiving isn't for everyone!

There is a difference between a cypres fire and a cypress Save. I would have a couple cypres fires if I used one.

Josh
That spot isn't bad at all, the winds were strong and that was the issue! It was just on the downwind side.