skybytch

Too many boogies!

This weekend Florida jumpers have a choice of three different boogies - March Madness at Sebastian, the Muff Bros reunion at ZHills and a CASA boogie at Skydive SW Florida. For those willing to drive a bit there's also the RoamingDZ boogie in Georgia. There may even be others going on that I haven't heard about.

Last weekend there was the boogie at SoBe - and I'm sure there were other events going on somewhere in the southeast at the same time.

That's too many boogies and too little time! Of course I'll be in Sebastian this weekend but if that boogie wasn't happening I'd be goin' to Muff Bros. If I didn't have vehicle issues that keep me from driving 8 hours one way I'd be real upset about missing the one in Georgia.

I'm not used to having this many things to choose from (not that I can leave the store on the weekends anyway, but still). In SoCal it seems like the dz's try not to schedule events and boogies on the same weekends that the other local dz's are doing stuff (other than on holiday weekends of course).

Do dzo's and event planners contact other dzo's and event planners regarding scheduling? Seems to me that any one event would have a better turnout if jumpers didn't have two or more other events to choose from the same weekend. :S

Just a thought. Guess it's time to set firm dates for Bytch Boogie II (coming to Sebastian sometime in October/Novermber!) - and then let every other dz in Florida know that they better not schedule anything to compete with it! :P:D

I was thinking about that, we went to Sebastian two weekends ago for night jumps not really a Boogie but!!! then SOBE on Saturday thinking that we need to save a litle bit of money for Sebastian boogie this next Saturday, I wish I had more money so I can meet all my jumping endeavors/responsabilities
http://web.mac.com/ac057a/iWeb/AC057A/H0M3.html

I agree. . .too many. How do you decide between what to do and not do. . .I cannot possibly be in two places at once. . .

lol. . .well, at least there is a lot of fun going on. . .
FGF #6
Darcy

Thats bad... but whats worse is seeing normal everyday weekend events advertised as boogies drives me nuts. Having your normal jump plane, at normal jump prices with nothing else going on is not a boogie... :S
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

What's wrong with options? So we have decisions to make, it's great to have a choice. Keep in mind, some places don't have any of these great options. Can't make em all, but we can try can't we?

Blues,
Nathan
Blues,
Nathan

If you wait 'til the last minute, it'll only take a minute.

What's wrong with options? So we have decisions to make, it's great to have a choice.

Nothing wrong with options/choices. But wouldn't you be a bit upset if you chose a particular event only to get there and find out that few people chose the same event to attend? When I go to a boogie I want there to be as many people as possible to hang out and jump with, preferably at least a few people that I haven't had the chance to meet, hang out and jump with before.

Eh, guess us Florida jumpers are all just spoiled sky sluts. ;)

Phree, I agree with you. If a boogie isn't going to have special aircraft or a vendor fair or special pricing or isn't held someplace where jumping doesn't usually happen or offer the chance to do specialty jumps... it's not a boogie, it's a regular weekend with a party on Saturday night.

I don't think anybody said it was a bad thing, quite the opposite, I do perhaps think DZ should do what they promise, if they promise there is gonna be a Helicopter for gods sake have a helipcopter.
I think is wonderfull we have that much of a choice I feel blessed.
http://web.mac.com/ac057a/iWeb/AC057A/H0M3.html

I think the fact that 3 major DZs planned boogies this weekend is ridiculous. I'd have gone to all 3, but now that's not possible. Muff Bros was on the calendar first though, so that's where I'll be. Can't wait to check out LaBelle, and it stinks that their first boogie may not be as well attended due to the other events at the same time. Pink Mafia would have been great too. *sigh* maybe DZ event planners will researcha little more before planning such things. [:/]

__

I'd have gone to all 3, but now that's not possible. Muff Bros was on the calendar first though, so that's where I'll be.

Yeah, it would have been nice to have the Z-hills crowd at Sebastian this weekend too. We'll miss you guys! At least I'll have the biggest tent without you there. ;)
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

It's not so much research as much as it is availability and the fact that sometimes it is done deliberately to compete with the other events. There is always something going on somewhere. And it is often planned around holidays.

Z-hills has something going on every weekend - if it's not a swoop meet, it's scrambles or something.

I'll do everyone a favor and plan our sizzling summerfest so that it does NOT fall on July 4th but somewhere fairly close to that.

That kind of screws those normal job people though. They get that extra jump/travel day when you plan around a holiday.

Oh well, what can you do?

i have a suggestion for you florida guys. why don't you send one airplane/boogie here in slovenia. i can count at least 50 people that would gladly jump.

That way you won't have problems deciding, and we'll all be very happy ;)
Say yes :) ;)
"George just lucky i guess!"

Or imagine you changing all your plans assuming there was something special going on one place, say like a Heuy Heli and then you get there and no heli.....Now THAT sucks! >:(

But we did get extra altitude on just about every jump so I guess that was there way of saying sorry ;)

Dreams become reality, one choice at a time...

Roaming DZ is a new concept for GA jumpers. This is finally bringing a DZ to an area where the closest DZ has been close to 2 hours. We chose St Pats because Dublin generally more than doubles during that one weekend so we'd get LOTS of exposure, free advertising on TV and radio through the St pats committee, advertising in the brochure and generally locals are more apt to get out for something to observe even if they aren't going to participate (although they can do tandems).

If the FL peeps want to come that is WONDERFUL but we meant no draw from the local boogies and hope there are no hard feelings.

No, jump prices won't be cheaper but since this is not a regular DZ we need to suplement overhead with a little help from our friends. Hopefully we will make it up to some folks with the great giveaways we have lined up. I mean, hey, how often can you jump from 2 planes and a helo at a place that isn't even a DZ?????:P

Wherever you go this weekend I hope you have fun, and please BE SAFE.

--
Hot Mama
At least you know where you stand even if it is in a pile of shit.

First of all let me start by saying I am thrilled that the RoamingDZ Boogie is even mentioned in this thread.I original idea was for a few of us to go to Dublin with an airplane show the locals some skydiving and have a cookout.Little did I know what this would turn into.Yes I did check the Dz schedules in Ga. before I started making plans.I didn't think I would need to check farther.I am doing what I am doing to promote our sport.I hope you all have a good time where ever you are jumping this weekend cause that is what it is all about.Plan on coming to Dublin next year,we'll be there.And the next time someone calls it a Boogie ask yourself what that means.Throwing a burger on the grill don't make it a BOOGIE.

Chris Spence
RoamingDZ.com

Snowing isn't the word for it. This is a late-season Blizzard and there is more on the way.

I'm beginning to think that being in Florida last weekend, freeflying with new and old friends, and simply enjoying the sunshine was JUST a dream. Please tell me that it isn't so..... :(

F'N COLD WEATHER SUCKS!!! B|