Skylark

Slowest fall rate whilst tracking

I can average 89 mph but I´ve no idea whether this is ´slow´ or not. Any ideas? Has anyone done any better? If I´m this slow when tracking, any idea what I´d be like with a wingsuit?

"Into the dangerous world I leapt..." William Blake, Songs of Experience

That is a good fall rate for tracking. But survival tracking is about covering some distance while maintaining your manueverability. With 89 you won't be falling out of tracking jumps.

Mid to low 70s are what you can expect on wingsuit flights until the skills are developed for flights in the 50s range. Low 40s for some of the more performing suits and 30 for some gifted individuals in aggressive solo flights. But mid 60s to low 70s are what you will see for most of your fun flocking with other people.

I got an 82 mph average on a track dive with an old Brantex suit... If you saw the suit you would understand why...:P Some older jumper would really get a kick out of that one!!! It's as old as I am!!

My next goal is to modify this suit a little and i am almost sure I can get a fall rate in the low 70's...

I' ll keep you updated on that experiment!

"We see the world just the way we are...

I can average 89 mph but I've no idea whether this is slow or not. Any ideas?

It depends on the several factors including the type of jumpsuit you wear, your body type/biuld and your skill /technique. For slim 6.3' 189lb guy (like i'm) wearing tight RW siut 89 is a good speed.

Has anyone done any better? /

If hook'n'swoop was around, I am sute he would provide some very impressive statistics of his tracking dives. 89 is definitely not a limit;)

i've got one with a 74mph average, but that was a sidebody 2way track...was amazing the 'lift' feeling when we docked and de-arched together... my usual low end track in in the low 80's but you'll never do that in most tracking dives where the point is to stay together, not zip off away..

I got an 82 mph average on a track dive with an old Brantex suit... If you saw the suit you would understand why...:P Some older jumper would really get a kick out of that one!!! It's as old as I am!!

My next goal is to modify this suit a little and i am almost sure I can get a fall rate in the low 70's...

I've been jumping since 1972 and never heard of a "Brantex" suit. However "Brand X" suits were once quite popular.
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

I've been jumping since 1972 and never heard of a "Brantex" suit. However "Brand X" suits were once quite popular.

OK... Now I feel like an idiot...:P Yeah that must it...

"Brand X" not Brantex :P ... I bought the suit on Ebay in Mint condition and one day as I was jumping it, an older jumper came up and was tripping on the suit. He told me it was a " Brantex suit" :P:P:P
At least that's how I understood it!

I think I am going to turn it into smoke suit by adding a ZP insert in the legs and arm...
That should get me to haul ass!!!
I'll keep you posted!

"We see the world just the way we are...