Jethers203

Have you ever thought about how amazing this sport is?

I was just wondering if a lot of people feel the way I do about this sport. There is not a day that goes by where I do not think about how truly badass skydiving is. I have been around skydiving for 10 or so years and in the sport going on 5. I often find myself in awe when I think about how amazing this sport is. It is incredible to me the things we can do and I was just wondering if you all feel this way also.

Clint D-24352

Absolutely. All the time. And I am amazed that I do it - that's almost as amazing as the sport itself - that I can do this. I do not skydive well, and most certainly not gracefully, but absolutely most amazingly.

It's all still just a huge trip, you know? Unbelievable and amazing.

Ciels-
Michele

~Do Angels keep the dreams we seek
While our hearts lie bleeding?~

Yes we are so lucky. While we are grinning from a great day, some rock star is depressed because the M&M's are the wrong color or the bus is gettin old. We make Evil Kneivel look like a boyscout and nobody cares but ourselves. We're all pretty cool because we share the same dream we all had as a kid and actually live it and love it. Since i didn't become an astronaut (kid dream), this seems better anyway. Door !

Hey!!! Right on target! It is so amazing that all my aquaintances say that I literally glow when I talk about my sport.... hahahahahaha.... and it's true! I love it, I love freefall, I love canopy flying, I love the excitement, the adrenaline, the flying and the beauty of it. I only hate packing but I accept it as the price to pay. We skydivers should be grateful for how fortunate we are to be able to practice such a sport!

HISPA # 18 POPS # 8757

Ever thought ??

only from time to time, let's say: every 5 minutes of the day. :P

it's just the pure life. w/o jumping, life is just same boring journey like w/o loving someone.

forgot what i did before starting that trill, where my eyes went to look, since the first jump, my first view in the morning is up in the sky

B|

dudeist skydiver # 3105

Yes, Skydiving is amazing. I can't think of any activity on this planet that compares to this sport. (except golf);) Just kidding!
There is simply nothing like it.

I don't think I chose to be a skydiver.
Skydiving chose me.

I don't know why, it is just somthing that makes my life so much brighter. I think to myself, how the hell did I get into this sport? I have come such a long way it seems totally normal now, yet I can't really remember what got me into this sport in the first place?;).

There is not a day that goes by without me thanking God for letting me be one of the few people that really look cool on TV, one of the few that everyone else sits back and talks about how much of an idiot we must be. Every time I hear that it makes me realize that I have woke up and started "living" and not just surviving. I really love it when people read my shirts and just give me that funny look! Skydiving for me has filled every part of my life with happiness and confidence. It has given me new friends and and a new outlook on life. I am ALIVE!

The downside is that it keeps me broke and I can't concentrate on anything else other than skydiving. Whats even better about it for me is that I am the only skydiver in eastern KY, so I am very different from normal here....lol. But on the other hand I am over 2 hours drive from the dz.[:/]
Yeah it truely does kick ass!

it's just the pure life. w/o jumping, life is just same boring journey like w/o loving someone.

I couldn't have said it better myself. The sport gave me an outlook on life that I now cannot imagine my life without. After I started jumping, the sky was no longer just the void above me, made to hold clouds and pour rain. It's now my playground, and it's the biggest of them all. It taught me what complete freedom is, having no walls, no floors, no ceilings, just open air, and it showed me just how beautiful the world can be when you see it from 13000 feet up. It's a wonderful place we live in, but if we didn't fly the skies as well as dwell on the ground, we wouldn't experience half of it.

He who risks nothing can appreciate nothing. He who risks everything will appreciate everything.

Edited for spelling error.

Wrong Way
D #27371 Mal Manera Rodriguez Cajun Chicken Ø Hellfish #451
The wiser wolf prevails.

Oh yeah!! i think about skydiving everyday, when I wake up in the morning, and before I go to sleep at night. I get asked if I ever think about death when jumping, the answer is YES, that's why I do it, it makes me feel alive to be doing something so crazy, and it keeps me sane.

In this world of politically correctness and sitting on the fence, with skydiving, when you are in that door, you need to be 100% committed to getting out and that's what I love about it, there's no um maybe, it's either yes or no, and if it's yes, it's 100% and makes me take stock of my life every time I do it.

I am proud to be a skydiver too because of all the positive people I have met through it and love my skydiving buddies!
www.sneale-create.com

Right on. I got into this sport because it was a family thing. I stayed in it and will be in it forever because it gives me so much thrill and happiness.

Everyone in my family except my mom skydives and I have been lucky in having that support as well as experienced people to teach me early on.

I could not imagine life without skydiving. What in the hell would I do every weekend if it wasn't for jumping? People that don't skydive just seem to be really really boring.

Skydiving to me is the biggest form of therapy. I could have every problem in the world, but when I am at the DZ and jumping I am free from everything. The problems go away and I get to enjoy absolute freedom.

This sport is the greatest!!!!!

Clint D-24352

I use to feel the same way, but now I often find myself looking up at the clouds and just wishing that I could fly my body right thru them. It drives me crazy when it is monday and I can't jump until saturday.

I also find myself thinking on the ride to altitude about what the hell I am doing. I think about how this is totally crazy and how completely out of the ordinary this sport is. I think of how I JUMP out of a moving plane, 13000' up in the open sky, fall for a minute at speeds up to 300 mph, and then pull a device that opens a 135 sq ft piece of material that gets me to the ground.

If you really think about it, it is the most amazing thing. This sport is incredible.

Clint D-24352

I can't really put into words, the way I feel about skydiving. People ask me all the time about it, and I become speechless. I'm just amazed by what skydiving really is. Jumping out of an airplane is just...... wow. I'll never stop, ever.

People who dont jump, just don't understand how amazing it really is. They all think we are nutcases................. but, some of us really are. ;)

I'm still at that stage where everytime I land, I just have a big stupid grin on my face for the rest of the day. I hope that stage never goes away.

In my quest to become a better jumper, I sometimes forget to appreciate the basics in this sport. And that is that we are jumping out of airplanes, hurling ourselves towards Mother Earth at incredible speeds, relying on some nylon and cordura to fight gravity and prevent us from cratering, dealing with traffic issues and hopefully safely and softly land our canopies.

Jumping truly is a great thing. :ph34r:

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over

Oh yeah.

Boss is mad at ya because an unexpexted bug sent out emails full of randomized letters to 900 users . Gives ya the speech on responsibilities and how serious it is.

And I just grin at him and say "relax".

It wasn't like that before for me. Always moody, depressed, and always feeling disconnected.

Every day I am dazzled by the fact that I can go up into the air, fall through great heights, and live to do it again.

Every day I watch people on the bus or walking around, doing their little mundane things, focusing soooo much on their career, their clothes, the ir desires to be in the in crowd and whatnot. And I look at my mismatched clothes, my empty wallet, and again I smile.

It's there for them too. Yet I have been fortunate enough to not only know it is there, but to experience it.

Skydiving is one of those life changing things. Self reliance is taught. No dear mother up there. Extreme fun combined with the possibility of the most extreme of all consequences. In a world full of uncertainty and assertions, it just is, and it's personal.

Then you see someone a few feet away from you, doing 240 km/h, screaming "WOOOH" while grinning and you realize that that other person feels the same. And, in one of those moments, you realize that finally, you've found something that transcends all the barriers, bullshit and deceit everyday life provides.

That feeling you have and share with the others with you - it's pure truth, and more precious than diamonds. It's instantaneous and from the heart, unfiltered, intense and raw.

Life used to have the big "but, WTF am I HERE? There MUST be more to it than sleeping, working eating, trying to belong!" I only started skydiving a year ago, but it's changed my outlook, my behaviour and my values. All for the better. B|

Only thing that can be seen as negative (by others, mostly) is the lack of interest in other things. They're secondary and necessary, but it's impossible to place any great weigth to 'em.

Well, that's how I see it, anyhow.

Sorry for long post. Heh, I go on and on when I think stuff is important :)

Santa Von GrossenArsch
I only come in one flavour
ohwaitthatcanbemisunderst

There is not another sport like it!

It's a social blast! This is rare in many cases.

You get to freefall and fly. No other sport allows this.

You get to ride and land a parachute. A nice way to end a skydive (which is really an adrenaline rush) if you ask me.

You get to hang out on plane rides with your friends and see them in the sky with you at 160+ mph. Try holding a candle to this one.

The parties at night are the best. No comparison - let's face it.

It is a small enough sport that, after years of doing it, you bump into people that you know all over the country/world. One of the things that I am enjoying more and more as my time in the sport grows larger.

The celebrities in the sport (i.e. the professionals and the best of the best) are usually within a drive of your DZ.
...They are also, 9/10 times, willing to share the most valuable information about becoming a more-skilled skydiver.
...And they are usually very approachable people and so happy to help. ...What other sport in the world has pro's at your disposal like that?

Most everyone likes to party. yum yum

Travelling is highly encouraged. one of MY fav's to do

I could go on and on and on but...B|can everyone else help me add to this list???B|

What a fantastically fantabulous thread. Its like being read a bedtime story - and being on this side on the pond thats what I need. It reminded me why we are all here staring into our little boxes and telling each other what we think about global politics, ear hygiene and what our favourite sauce is. We are all turned into geeks when the sun goes in often against our own will and are compelled to remain so by the pure force of the thing we all love. And after reading all that and identifying with every single word it makes me feel proud of what I do and the people I do it with.:$ Just got an email from a mate and I have never laughed like that at an email before. Skydivers are the funniest, the warmest, and the most sexy. And why wouldn't we be - we can all fly.:)

Sittin' in the plane climbing to altitude, lookin' down at the little people with their little lives in their little cars driving up and down that little freeway... then getting up and following a few of my friends out the door that takes us home.

I've thought about it enough that I made the sport my career... and my whole life. B|