packncathy

makeing things right-packncathy

Some guy named Ron is trying to save his Otter.
Some girl is trying to take two dropzones from him.
Some lawyer DAN 561 822 0321 has told me that if I help Ron I will suffer legal repricussions.
Call Dan, let him know that Skydivers do not appreciate being threatened with legal disputes.
packncathy 813 312 9558.
I may end up in court over this-call anyway.
if anyone needs their equipment from SoBe call 813 312 6282-they have your gear and it is being protected[email] from this legal action.

Absolutely. I have made a financial promise to the person who is attempting to save his Otter and his drop zones. The person who got him into this predicament in the firat place had a lawyer (Dan) call me and explain that if I entered into a business transaction with this person who is at risk of loosing everything I might suffer legal action.

We all know how such a threat is reasponded to by skydivers. My dander is a bit up.

Since that is not skydive sobe's number I can only assume it is a personal number for Ron. . .

It would help to have more details and more details about who you are. . .this kind of stuff is tough to swallow if you leave out the details. . .

Yeah, call me a skeptic. . .
FGF #6
Darcy

It would help to have more details and more details about who you are. . .

Packin' Cathy is the official packing vendor at the WFFC. Also, one of the few women that I've met that packs in the heat of the WFFC with a smile, all the while being however many months pregnant as she was last year. BTW, I believe she made most if not all of the dirty bird loads. Cathy is reputable. I believe we need to know a bit more of the details though.
see: Cathy's Website
-----
~~~Michael

Thanks Cathy and Michael. . .Lisa also cleared things up for me. . .it always saddens me when stuff like this happens. . .not just in skydiving but I have seen in in other businesses as well. . .

Know please that I wasn't "dissing" you Cathy. . .sometimes it is just too hard to believe that stuff like this goes on. But then again, I have seen it with my own eyes right here in San Diego. . .

I hope everything works out okay for everyone involved. . .
FGF #6
Darcy

This makes me worried. I know who you are talking about. I have been in the otter you speak of. I love Ron's summer DZ (never been to SoBe).

But I have no idea what you are talking about. I would hate to see anything bad happen to Ron!:(

edited- to make more sense.
Flying Hellfish #470

Hello.

Things are ambiguous, so why don't we all just not make a big deal out of a situation that most of us aren't a part of.

As Cathy said, Ron's working on the situation. Everything is going to be fine and we shouldn't make a mountain out of any sized mole hill. When things are worked out, we'll be made aware of any details that need to be shared, until then, it's _really_ in our best interest to stay out of it.

Peace and Blue Skies,
Cheryl

I'm sorry Cheryl if I or anyone else have upset you. I really did not mean to make a big deal out of anything:(.

But the fact remains that Cathy made this post on a public forum. If she didn't want replies then it shouldn't have been posted here at all. Right[:/]?

Its good to hear that you think everythign will be ok:)
Flying Hellfish #470

I second what Cheryl says. Let's just chill. Ron is working things out. Our happy place WILL survive. And the 2004 season is going to ROCK ASS! B| We have a lot of cool events planned... just working out some unfortunate details right now. :(

Thanks for any support that has been offered or given! ;)

Things are ambiguous, so why don't we all just not make a big deal out of a situation that most of us aren't a part of.

Unfortunately some of us call these DZs home and everything is SO ambiguous right now the rumor factory is starting to run with it. And with the way the skydiving community likes to gossip, I'd image the word on the back channels by next week will be that all parties involved are getting a sex change operation and Disney is buying Ron out and painting the plane like Dumbo the elephant.

You are right that some of us call those dropzones home, quite a few people that have already posted to this thread do, including myself.
I believe the point that was trying to be made is, why don't we let the people directly involved in this situation work things out. It does more harm then good for a bunch of people to speculate about what is going on, on a public forum.
And they aren't painting the plane like Dumbo, they are painting it like Goofy. :P

~La La Gang Member #2~

The county will not allow the DZ at Pahokee to operate this weekend. They would find that difficult as two parties wish to operate at that location. I am one of those parties.

We need a small airstrip someplace (hopefully close to Pahokee to turn a profit for Ron's plane (an Otter) this weekend.

I beleive in this sport. I beleive in skydivers.

If someone in this state has a location to allow Ron to operate his Otter this weekend so that he can get it up north please call packncathy 813 312 9558.

We have aff/tandem instructors, a manifestor and a packer (at least one) who will donate their entire pay for a weekend worth or work to help out Ron. Since the county will not allow Ron to operate at Pahokee we need jumpers and an airstrip...please call me and make this happen for Ron...packncathy 813 312 9558.

Did I say Please?
packncathy

The county will not allow the DZ at Pahokee to operate this weekend. They would find that difficult as two parties wish to operate at that location. I am one of those parties.

So, what you're saying is that the jumpers at Pahokee won't get to jump and the plane won't fly because you and another party want to operate this dz? I am not sure if this is how it is meant to come off. So, basically, Ron isn't allowed to fly there, and they would let someone fly, but since there are 2 parties fighting no one gets to fly? Like two kids fighting over a toy, you just take it away?

I don't know but something isn't right here. I tend to agree that this stuff should be kept off the forums until more details are found (or are allowed to be posted).

Good luck to Ron!