cocheese

What was your most proud skydive day

O.k. you can have two since you can't decide yet.Bragging rights are encouraged. What was your most proud feeling of personal accomplishment in skydiving/base jumping. So many good days to think about.
1. Passing the last four levels of AFF in one day and driving home into the sunset one warm winter day in Clewiston Fla.
2. Midnight Millenium jump ( 3 way belly) on a warm winter night in Lake Wales Fla. (Jump was planned 9 years before i became a skydiver.)

Since bragging is encouraged, probably last week when I did my first wingsuit jump and was told by my instructor I was his best student ever. Every other discipline of skydiving has come totally unnatural to me, so this was a welcome exception. At one point in the jump I was flying above him and he kept looking left and right for me so I dropped back down to join him. Later I said "you could have come up to me when I was above you, right?" He said he wasn't sure, he was trying pretty hard... :$

How did you plan a 3-way 9 years before you ever jumped?
www.WingsuitPhotos.com

Again, I am a newbie, so for me the first was my VERY FIRST STAND UP LANDING. . .woo hoo. . .

Also, at 2-way skills camp (me a 25 jump wonder), being able to stay level and nose to nose with my partner. . .that was GREAT. . .
FGF #6
Darcy

#1 ..... going on a 4way freefly. The jump wasn't anything EXTRAORDINARY it was the people who came with...... my 3 close skydiving friends: Kelly (skygod777), Big Perm (freeflyswc) and Greg. i got to be base & it was sweet just to spend the whole dive with 3 awesome freeflyers ....... aww :)

see the world! http://gorocketdog.blogspot.com

1. A 3 point 9 way with the older RW guys and girls, who let me in on their dive and made it all about me. Damn, but that was a good jump!

2. A friend took me head down and while that was cool in itself, I held a pretty stable sit and he was head down and docked on my knee. But, for me the coolest part was after the jump was over (and I stood up the landing) when he told me that I flew well. That was a huge compliment which still means a lot to me. Another damn fine jump!

kristen
swooo #3 MB #3587 P.M.S. #66
"so let go, jump in...what're you waiting for? it's all right 'cause there's beauty in the breakdown"

2. The day 130 of my closest friends and I built the FAI women's RW world record (largest formation) and then held it for 10 seconds.

Damn it woman, you're fast. I was hoping I could get here and post this proud moment before you.

My second proud moment would have to be being on the Women's Record in 1992.
May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds. - Edward Abbey

I've got two.

1. Jump # 63. When I began skydiving I had a degenerative eye disease known as Keratoconus. The main effect was that my eyes lost most of their ability to focus. Everything was a blur to me and my depth perception was pretty much non-existant. Because of that, my landings always sucked. 63 was my first stand up landing

2. Jump 109. Another effect of the Keratoconus was that I was effectively night blind; however I did not want to get restrictions on my D liscense when it came time for one. To be honest, I was beyond scared shitless, way more than I ever was as a student and I had some positively fucking terrifying moments as a student. I was scared bad enough that I called my family and girlfriend to let them know how much I loved them in case I didn't walk away from the jump.

When I came down from that second night jump it was one the most intense feelings of achievment I have ever known. I knew that I pushed my self to the extreme and not been found wanting. And looking back, I think deep down I felt like when I finally do achieve my D, people will say "He's a decent jumper" rather than "He's a decent jumper for a blind guy."

-Blind
"If you end up in an alligator's jaws, naked, you probably did something to deserve it."

jumping a round in front of 15000 people, with theo fritschy (a legend of the swiss skydiving)
anytime I get asked to do a demo jump
the first tandem video I edited
each time i get to jump with our cowsuit (for instructors(not yet) and demos)
www.aerodrome-gruyere.ch/gruyair03/gal7/galerie.htm
scissors beat paper, paper beat rock, rock beat wingsuit - KarlM

The day I won overall in the intermediate class at the USPA Paraski Nationals and at the banquet that evening, while he was sitting on stage, watching the USPA Executive Director pick cocaine beans out of his nose and eat them during the awards presentation. :D:D
The older I get the less I care who I piss off.

1. At 126 jumps setting a NJ state women's record (no big deal, number of people wise, but still cool to a newb...)

2. Big way out of the C130 at Rantoul '02. Last out of the thing and made it to my slot easily. YAHOO!

__

Three come to mind, cannot hold it to two.

1. First AFF

2. Graduating AFF

3. Getting A License.
--------
To put your life in danger from time to time ... breeds a saneness in dealing with day-to-day trivialities.

--Nevil Shute, Slide Rule

1.Getting back into the air 9 months and a day after shattering my femur. Flying properly and just missing the target after that long delay and the huge formation of butterflies doing precision acrobatics in my stomach on the ride to altitude was just the icing on the cake.

2. Absolutely nailing my Level VII jump in a little under 3500 feet of freefall after repeating Level V and contemplating a repeat of Level VI. Seeing my instructor fly around to face me after maneuvers were complete and seeing the grin on his face? Priceless!

Faster horses, younger women, older whiskey, more money.

Why do they call it "Tourist Season" if we can't shoot them?

(I payed up in beer for these...)B|

:P- first jump off static line

:P- my first stand up landing under a square canopy

:P- first and second reserve ride

:P -first cessna formation load

:P -first jump outa turbine

:P -first formation load where I actually flew my slot ........like a dream........

:P- 500th. jump & 1000th.

:P- first night dive

:P -first water jump at the lake

:P -first landing under new 150 (triathlon)

:P -first swoop getting my toe wet

SMiles;)

3-point 18way down in zhills this past saturday :)

We were so close to that 4th point too. Another 500 feet and we would have had it. Don't forget that you were on a completed 22 way and a smokin 13 way where your piece partner was a former GK that day as well. All in all a pretty good day.

-OK
Time flies like an arrow....fruit flies like a banana

3-point 18way down in zhills this past saturday :)

We were so close to that 4th point too. Another 500 feet and we would have had it. Don't forget that you were on a completed 22 way and a smokin 13 way where your piece partner was a former GK that day as well. All in all a pretty good day.

-OK

i just looked at the pics up on Tonys site, that last point was SO close! argh...oh well. the 22 way was cool, i think if we did it again we would turn atleast 2 or 3 of the points. all in all that day rocked. i dont imagine i will have a better day of skydiving for a long time :)
its already snowing up here in boston again, god im missin zhills :(

.-.