storm1977

Tunnel In NJ Looking for Update

(I am assume this goes in Gen Skydiving)

A while in talkback there was thread on this, but I can't search there right now.... Anyway.

There was talk Skyventure had a tunnel opening in NJ in 2004. I haven't heard sh** about it in over 8 months. Does anyone here know anything about this tunnel?
Are they still going to build it? What is its ETA.

This would really be great for us up here in the Northeast, and I can't wait to have a tunnel around during these long winter layoffs.

Chris

-----------------------------------------------------
Sometimes it is more important to protect LIFE than Liberty

go to "SEARCH POSTS" and enter the words:

new jersey tunnel

there is a shitload of stuff there regarding the tunnel. these threads were from 1.5 months ago. even though talkback isn't available, that doesn't mean the search function doesn't work. :)
arlo

I talked by phone to the owner. He said it would open on or about September.
Skydivers don't knock on Death's door. They ring the bell and runaway... It really pisses him off.
-The World Famous Tink. (I never heard of you either!!)
AA #2069 ASA#33 POPS#8808 Swooo 1717

even though talkback isn't available, that doesn't mean the search function doesn't work

Well sorta, it works but won't search talk back. Aside from that, there does seem to be alot of talk about the NJ tunnel in the appropirate forums
I promise not to TP Davis under canopy.. I promise not to TP Davis under canopy.. eat sushi, get smoochieTTK#1

I remember someone posted something like that not long ago, he even drove to the "location" and saw nothing, just an open field, and I know it will take a while for that tunnel to be built.

(If Talk Back was on, I could refer you to the proper thread...after all...I'm the Repost Cop :D:D:P)

That was me who drove down, the lot was cleared, and covered with gravel, but no sign of tunnel. if the environmental issues are the case, it would be great if they could update the skyventure website instead of all of us wondering......

BUNGE

I don't hate them, I just like us better.

Here is the home page for the company who is starting this whole thing: http://www.xarenasports.com/

Dude, on the updates for this - not to worry. If any progress is made on the site of the tunnel, I will be posting it here. The location is near my house. I drive by there about twice a week.

Like someone already said, right now, it is a field of gravel, surrounded by a chain-link fence, surrounded by the epitome of Trenton NJ. You'd like it; it is a lovely backdrop of crack/herion-central.

There are usually a few trucks and workers in the gravel yard doing something. Who knows?, but they are there almost everyday. While driving by, I've tried to read the company logo on the trucks, but it is difficult to see from the highway. Often times, there are metal barrels (an archetype of NJ) resembling that of a toxic waste dump. LOL [:/] Hey, you never know, if we grow extra limbs we can try some new freefly moves at the tunnel; that is - if it every gets finished!

Here are the site pics but these are old (from like 8 months ago): http://www.xarenasports.com/sitepics.html

However, like I said ... If anything physical occurs - as far as them actually building something - I will post it here. No worries on that. B|

http://www.xarenasports.com/Groundbreaking/Times5_18_03.html