schattenjaeger

Aw hell...so, about lost log books...

I'm A-licensed and haven't made many jumps with said license, none of which had anything important for my B-license, so I'm hoping it's not as horrible as I think it may be. Do I just buy a new one and start on the next jump, or is it necessary to try to reconstruct my old one with guesses and estimations? Oh, and pray that some kind soul at the DZ remembers what the lost and found is for. Now that I think about it, I think it should be ok, I remember where I put it, and I was gone for like 4 hours, and I was the only one coming back to get it at night, and no one was there, and my logbook was missing

Unfortunately the SIM says that each jump used to obtain a license and/or rating must be logged with specific information and signed by jumper/pilot/etc. that witnessed the jump.

Haven't been in that situation myself, but I'm sure somebody has some valuable input on how to fix it.

Blues,
Nathan
Blues,
Nathan

If you wait 'til the last minute, it'll only take a minute.

your A license should be enough to prove your pre-A jumps but I'd try to reconstudct the post A jumps.
If you've been jumping at the same DZ, with the Same ppl. Check their log books;)
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

I lost a bunch of logbooks with about 600 jumps. Not the same situation, not the same time, but after awhile people only really care about your last logbook. I even got my AFF I without all those logged jumps (many people had jumped with me).

I'd go with what Squeak said, and focus mostly on the post-A license jumps first, and then try for the others. If you travel a lot it will be more of an inconvenience for awhile, but if you stay at your home drop zone, probably not. But definitely keep logging, and consider keeping a backup somewhere.

Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

I would recommend to buy a ProTrack. This tiny box costs a lot, but you won't be disappointed! Your jumps will always be logged (by ProTrack), you will not forget to write down any of your jumps. Well, because this things costs a lot, you would care for it and never loose one ;)

i jump a pro track and love its logging function.

Quick q for those in the know. Are these logs acceptable as jumping proof for liscense's etc?
Phoenix Fly - High performance wingsuits for skydiving and BASE
Performance Designs - Simply brilliant canopies

Quick q for those in the know. Are these logs acceptable as jumping proof for liscense's etc?

All depends on who is signing your paperwork for the license. Your jumps on a pro-track are not signed, so technically they are not valid toward a license. I do know that RWS does not accept pro-track evidence for proof of tandem jumps for their examiner course...I gotta whole lotta loggin to do now...
Hope this helps...
Miami

All depends on who is signing your paperwork for the license. Your jumps on a pro-track are not signed, so technically they are not valid toward a license. I do know that RWS does not accept pro-track evidence for proof of tandem jumps for their examiner course...I gotta whole lotta loggin to do now...
Hope this helps...

but you can get everything on your computer, print a list and get them signed, can't you ??
scissors beat paper, paper beat rock, rock beat wingsuit - KarlM

I know this doesn't help, but good advice for newer jumpers who aren't used to watching their logbooks - I was always forgetting mine when I first got one.

I have 2 logbooks - 1 stays at home, in a safe place, the other in my gear bag. If I lose the one in my gear bag, I just get another and copy the details from the one at home (I don't just use the copy in case I lose that too!).

Or you could save all the details on a computer spreadsheet. Either way works.

Nick
---------------------------
"I've pierced my foot on a spike!!!"

but you can get everything on your computer, print a list and get them signed, can't you ??

The span of jumps I need to log goes back past the current pro-track I own...I quit putting them on paper about 1800 jumps ago or so, shortly after I got my AFF and Tandem I's. And I'm too cheap to spend the money on the jump-track software. ;)
Miami