Courteney

Out Of The Blue Incident!

Hi there,

I had recently watched the DVD Out Of The Blue and was wondering if that guy who hooked himself in before the swoop pond actually lived. It looked *%&#ing horrific!!! And if he did, what was the extent of his injuries?

Just curious,
Cheers.
...drags me down like some sweet gravity!!!

I believe that is the footage of Andy Anderson hooking into the side of the Skydive New England pond. Andy got up and walked away from that landing with no major injuries. Seach the fourms its been discussed a few times and there are links to better videos of it also posted.
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

HE ACTUALLY GOT UP AND WALKED AWAY?!!!! Woah,
apart from the the bumps and bruises I'm sure he also had one mother of a skid mark in his underwear!!!
Btw, I'm new to this whole forum thingy. But thanks for the replies...much appreciated.

Blue Skies, Free falls and Long swoops!!!
...drags me down like some sweet gravity!!!

From the Guidelines:

The purpose of this forum is to report, discuss and learn from fatal and serious non-fatal incidents.

Most, if not all, new threads here should start with the report of an actual incident. General safety issues or small and potential incidents should be posted to the Safety and Training forum.

Incidents include: malfunctions, cutaways, wraps, collisions, crash landings etc. I trust everyone will use their good judgment before starting a thread or disposing of advice.

Not trying to bust your chops but every time I see a new post in this forum, my heart skips a beat because usually one of our fellow jumpers was recently seriously injured or has passed away.[:/]

This post probably belongs in General Skydiving.

Katie
Get your PMS glass necklace here