Jethers203

Does your DZ give FREE jumps for Tandem Referrals???

HAHA!!! That is my first poll. Boy am I bored.

Anyway, I was just wondering about this because I think it is a very smart move by the DZO to do this. It also gives jumpers incentive to get people out to the DZ and jump.

As for me, the two DZs I most often go to don't do the FREE jump thing, but I think they should. There is a DZ a little bit more of a drive away that does do it and it just so happens that I have two friends that want to do tandems this weekend. So, I may go there to get something back.

Let me know what you all think about this.

Clint D-24352

HAHA!!! That is my first poll. Boy am I bored.

:D
~D
Where troubles melt like lemon drops Away above the chimney tops That's where you'll find me.
Swooping is taking one last poke at the bear before escaping it's cave - davelepka

There wasn't a choice for "other"...

Chicagoland Skydiving Center used to give a free jump ticket if you brought a tandem student, but it wasn't very cost-effective for the DZOs. They started a program where you buy a set of CSC business cards with your name printed on them ($20 for 500, I think). You give these cards out to all your friends, family, and any random whuffos who will listen to you talk about skydiving. It acts as a coupon. When redeemed, the person bringing it back gets a $10 discount off their first tandem/AFF jump and the person with their name on the card gets a $10 credit to their account. I've had a set of business cards for over a year...I should probably hand them out more often. :S

_Pm
__
"Scared of love, love and aeroplanes...falling out, I said takes no brains." -- Andy Partridge (XTC)

If you bring a full-price paying tandem to Spaceland, you get a discount for your jumps that day. ($15 instead of $20).

Beat me to it, damnit! And I see you did your 100th without me:P, 20way?

I'm sorry, I just couldn't wait! It was a 6-way with Tom, Jim, etc. I didn't have much of a choice since I was manifested as they saw me drive up to the parking lot. I wish it would have been a 20-way (and a completed one at that)!B|
Blue Skies!!!
Kimmy

"Big Al" at Skydive AZ promised me that I'd get a jump ticket for every tandem I brought to the school (mentioning my name).

I was pumped and started recruiting at my J.O.B. Haven't been able to talk a single moke into doing-the-deed yet [:/]
“Keep your elbow up!"

recently got one from Eloy for a girl who i'd met in a bar a few weeks before..luckily i was out at the DZ the day she came to jump so she put me down as the referrer...

free jumps rock!

Skydive Greene County gives experienced jumpers a free jump for each level one tandem that they bring in, and a prize for the person who brings in the most at the end of the season. One of our college guys jumped almost exclusively on tandem tickets last year. Some people just have the silver-tongued salesman thing down!