Casch

What has been your favorite jump of the year so far?

I guess this one is my favorite so far.. it was a kick ass dive and definitely out of the ordinary

http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=983377#983377

Speed dive followed by a malfunction and cutaway.

The New YEars Eve Night jump was fairly kuhl too

DC-3 jump at midnight at the Holiday Boogie at Eloy.. that was some serios fun

Beautiful 8 Pt 8-way at Skydive Dallas - It was the best of this year so far just because I felt that I flew my slot well and performed like I wanted to perform. Don't you get some sort of certificut for doing an 8pt 8-Way? It's all on video! B|
=========Shaun ==========

hi casch. sorry to hear you can't be jumping right now[:/]

my fav this year was from a Pitts Special II, Z-Hills new year party.
(see my icon thingy)

I was pretty nervous. which just made it better really.
jumped a heli for the first time on that trip as well, but the pitts just gets it.

Friday we did a Sunset Cross Country. It was well below freezing at altitude and most of us had a little frostbite on our fingertips. Burned like hell when they started to thaw, but it was well worth it.

There was some industrial haze but the view from above was spectacular! (Pictures 1, 2 and 3)

Second favorite this year was (as seen in pics 4 and 5) a final attempt at a 5-way Rotating Spider. All day I was the only one who could not get into the formation. Then on this last attempt of which we got video and stills. I was the first on in and two others missed. But we all had a blast! :D

Oh yeah in the last two I am in the upper right. (Teal and Black)

edit to add: Sorry the cross country pics suck because I was using a disposable camera. I ain't no camera flyer:P (yet).

Ahh, my favorite jump is a benchmark for me but no big thing for experienced freeflyers. It was on March 13, a 3-way with Lisa and Jason Moyer at SoBe.

A few weeks prior, our pilot, Mickey, approached me and said, "We gotta get you jumping with other people," and he said he would help get me interacting. He had observed that I was doing lots of solo jumps -- and these were not wasted time or anything, I was just practicing skills I was learning and developing -- but of course you really learn more when you're with others!

So I did begin to get asked if I wanted to jump with other people. I have since done a few two-ways, and two three-ways.

Lisa had been telling me she wanted to jump with me ever since I was on AFP. I finally cornered her and told her I was ready for her, so we arranged to do a 3-way Horny Gorilla exit, and then sit-fly the skydive. I've been working on my sit and it's coming along well. This skydive was a lot of fun for me. I like exiting in a group and doing a loop or two as we get stable off the hill. It's like this weird time-warpy protracted wait while you watch the world tumble and feel yourself accelerate to terminal.

Once we got stable with our legs all linked, we separated and I did my best to simply stay near them. Of course, we had varying sink rates and I am not yet real good at adjusting mine, but I can use my hands and feet to turn in a sit, so I was at least able to keep them in sight. And when they got fast on me, I amazed myself by going into a stand and jetting on down to meet them again. The only thing was, I held the stand until I was adjacent to them and then sat again, which put me then lower than them. Lisa told me later that I have to start decelerating before I've met their level, otherwise I'd do what I did and shoot past them. Live and learn. ;)

I felt real good about that stand-flying, because other times when I had practiced it, I didn't hold the position for very long before my legs corked in one direction or another. Of course, those were times I was either not in a freefly suit or in a really baggy ill-fitting one I bought second-hand. I have an Ouragan suit on order and I am really looking forward to flying in that thing! (Not only will it feel better and in control, it's gonna be a stylin' suit, to be sure!) B|

-
-Jeffrey
"With tha thoughts of a militant mind... Hard line, hard line after hard line!"

I sympathize with you. I've only done 3 dives since New Years. The best is a 2-way with my teammate. He just completed his first tunnel camp in Nov and he's really figured it out. We flew through the 2-way.

next camp is end of this month and then we all start training 4-way. I'm very psyched.:)

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

Our DZ just opened this weekend, so I came home from school and did two jumps. The first was crappy cuz the wind made my landing rough, but the second was my first freefall! I nailed the jump from exit to landing, screamed like a maniac the whole way down, landing was great too. Definitely my favorite so far, and it's only gonna get better!
Life is ez
On the dz
Every jumper's dream
3 rigs and an airstream

:)i ran into a friend from up north who invited me to join her for a funjump....
and a FUNjump it was....B|
i flew flat,,,"no suiter" ( i can go real fast... that way...) and she did a great sit dive,,, transitioned to a head down and back to the sit a couple of times...and stayed RIGHT in front of me.....
We were just inland from the beautiful Atlantic coast... what a great way to start off 2004...I haven't made one since,,,, but that one ( and the other 10 i made at a total of 3 dzs) has kept me well satisfied..:)And soon..... will be... the Otter!!!!

Last week I sneaked off work early to catch some decent weather in the hope of finishing my last console to get my cat 8 licence. It was the first jump off student status that same afternoon which was my favourite. To start with it was just so cool to manifest myself and see my name on the board with 'solo' beside it rather than 'console'. For the jump itself I didn't do anything special just looked around me turning this direction and that to admire the scenery. At 12,000 feet I was in sunshine but within twenty seconds or so I had fallen into the shadow of a cloud and then I could see the full moon shining brightly on the horizon looking like it was below me as I fell, and for a moment I thought "Maybe if I track hard enough .."

Those stolen afternoons are the sweetest.

My favorite so far would have to be my first of the year. Jan. 1 in Eloy. Woke up with a hangover, went to waffle house and ate then went up on an otter and did a two way sit with Clint Hillis. Big deal right, well Clint is a rw camera flyer, and a damn good one at that, i convinced him to freefly with me and he did. Mike McGowan was in the otter with us when we exited and gave clint a pic of it.:)

Never look down on someone, unless they are going down on you.

I have 2, because they were both pretty big markers in my skydiving career....

First, my first headdown dock. Happened a couple of weeks ago at SGC with Wrongway. :$

Second, the first jump Saturday. First otter load of the year... great headdown dive with Cocheese. Very relaxed. Very good flying by both of us. Just felt good. Great way to open the season. ;)

Second, the first jump Saturday. First otter load of the year... great headdown dive with Cocheese. Very relaxed. Very good flying by both of us. Just felt good. Great way to open the season. ;)

Yes indeed. What Weegegirl said. Should have had video damn me. Thanks Liz.

Two possibilities:

1: Got to go on a staff member's SCR (14-way) with mostly instructors and extremely experienced jumpers. It was my 84th jump. I docked 7th in the base round. It was such a great feeling to see the look on the recipient's face.

2: This weekend (99th jump) 3-pt 23-way with members of Deguello and instructors etc. I was 19th out of the plane. Being a late diver is so much fun!!!!B|
Blue Skies!!!
Kimmy

Probably a hibrid 8-way done with 4 of us RW fliers and 4 freefliers. We formed a 4-way round, and 4 of the freefliers docked on us (while they were belly-flying), put their hands through our leg straps, and then went into a stand. You could really feel the formation accellerate. We held that for 10 to 15 seconds, and then they let go. It was cool to see them fall away while we decelerated.
There are battered women? I've been eating 'em plain all of these years...