cocheese

How addicted are you ?

Cocheese.... you're screwed. See a shrink. And that has nothing to do with skydiving. :P:D:D:D

Wow. can i get a 3rd opinion ? And what do i tell the shrink ? Anyone out there got me figured out?
Maybe i'm obsessive compulsive or just plain wack-O ?

Okay I know this may sound a bit odd from a male, but yes I do think about skydiving more than sex and yes Im very addicted. I can hear some of you guys/gals wondering WTF is up with zulu?

Here is why?
I dont smoke
I dont drink
I dont do drugs of any kind
I dont do the club thing
I rarely party
and Im under the 6feet rule (womans joke)

Skydiving is the only thing Ive got to put a certain level of balance in my high tempo world. So yeah Ive got issues.

I just started IAF last week and I tell you.... I cannot stop thinking about it. I start talking about it to everybody and I can tell they just want me to shut up, but I keep talking anyway.

I find myself going through the dive flow in my head while I'm at work. It's hard for me to concentrate on anything right now. I just want to jump all the time now!
I'm so funny I crack my head open!

P.M.S. #102

Well, Cocheese. I'm afraid that I have some bad news for you. I am one of those that are ate up with it too. I have been jumping for over 9 years now and last year alone made over 450 jumps. I was just about to slow down then all of a sudden, I venture into Birdman jumps.
If you could possibly get a "Group Rate" on your shrink, I will join you!!! [:/]
Unknowing attempting to take out all 4 wheeled vehicles remotely close to the landing area!

Here is why?
I dont smoke
I dont drink
I dont do the club thing
I rarely party

Skydiving is the only thing Ive got to put a certain level of balance in my high tempo world. So yeah Ive got issues.

I guess I have the same "issues". I wouldn't say I'm hugely addicting to skydiving, I could take up hang gliding, flying, rock climbing or something, but the sport adds a certain degree of balance to my life.

I'm addicted to that sense of peace I feel when I stare out across the sky and feel my soul reach into it. I know this was why we were put on the earth.

think you have it bad? I am trying to sell everything I own to get a rig and a monday thru friday job so i can skydive every weekend instead of everyother weekend. My truck, boat, motorcycle, and old camaro are all gone if I can find a buyer. I won't even date a girl unless she is a skydiver because I wanna spend all my time at the dz.
Blue Skies
Brad

think you have it bad? I am trying to sell everything I own to get a rig and a monday thru friday job so i can skydive every weekend instead of everyother weekend. My truck, boat, motorcycle, and old camaro are all gone if I can find a buyer. I won't even date a girl unless she is a skydiver because I wanna spend all my time at the dz.
Blue Skies
Brad

I think you are going to be o.k. bud. Seems like your thought process is on the right track. In fact i need to sell a few things i don't really need anymore.

I have skipped classes to jump. I have ignored homework to jump. I think my GPA will drop from honors this quarter if the whether does not stay nasty in Ohio. Since OCT 5 I have 68 jumps and we could not do any jumps in January and February here. I want my C license by the end of summer before I hit one year in the sport. Does that amke me addicted?

*Skydiving is my most dominate thought. I can't think straight sometimes.
*I can easily focus on other things besides skydiving.But I'm very addicted

Im a cross between these two. It is not my MOST domninate thought ...but VERY close and while I Can focus on other things...it is Not Easy.
I CAN Easily be distracted from anything.... and start thinking about skydiving.... just like this eveining walking across a parking lot a sunset, the wind in my face, pink reflection on the clouds at 12K.....
My Soul truly IS in the sky....

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
earthbound misfit

I'm getting pretty addicted. All my money is going to skydiving, and my friends are already getting mad at me for it. I used to be the one always up for a massive night out partying, but now its more like "sorry, I'm going skydiving on the weekend, so I dont have time to see you guys, or money to go clubbing". I know they're not impressed, but you gotta do what you gotta do, and skydiving.....I gotta do!
www.TerminalSports.com.auAustralia's largest skydive gear store

Okay I know this may sound a bit odd from a male, but yes I do think about skydiving more than sex and yes Im very addicted. I can hear some of you guys/gals wondering WTF is up with zulu?

Here is why?
I dont smoke
I dont drink
I dont do the club thing
I rarely party

DUE that decrfibes ME to a tee:ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:
AND I know I have an ADDICTIVE personality, that's why i don't do any of the shite up there (anymore;))
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

I'm addicted to that sense of peace I feel when I stare out across the sky and feel my soul reach into it. I know this was why we were put on the earth.

Well said, I second that. :)
220 jumps in 12mo, so much for my addiction.

If I had more time and money... oh well... :D

Ich betrachte die Religion als Krankheit, als Quelle unnennbaren Elends für die menschliche Rasse.
(Bertrand Russell, engl. Philosoph, 1872-1970)

Hi I'm Ron and I have a problem.

Well, let’s see. I play hooky from work to go skydiving. I’ve lied to my friends and family to go skydiving. I’ve lied to women to go skydiving. I’ve lied to my boss to go skydiving. I spend all my money skydiving. I spend inordinate amounts of time thinking about when I can go skydiving next. No, I’m not addicted.

Seriously, I’ve been thinking that skydiving has all the hallmarks of an addiction. I’ve also noticed that a lot of people involved in the sport have addictive personalities. There are a lot of former “partiers” in the mix at any DZ I’ve ever been to. How many sports or hobbies cause people to quit their jobs and do it full time! I don’t know many tennis bums but I know plenty of skydiving “cutaways”.
"We've been looking for the enemy for some time now. We've finally found him. We're surrounded. That simplifies things." CP