skybytch

Tunnel = Crack

Now I know why I moved away from Perris shortly before the tunnel opened. Now I know why I stayed away from Orlando in the six months I've been in Florida.

Last night I got my first hit of tunnel crack, and like it is with any good drug the first hit was free. ;) (I love you Mary - flyangel2! You've got the coolest friends! :D)

Flew with Olaf, who's an excellent coach, I learned soooo much, so fast. I learned the mantis position and made a lot of progress in five (or was it six?) two minute sessions last night - from unstable and all over the place the first time in to hovering and turning and controlled forward/backward movement the last time. This morning he did some two way RW stuff with me and had me flying all around the tunnel touching the window where he did - all way too much fun!

All those bad habits from too many years flying boxman... well, they aren't totally broken (I think that's gonna take hours and hours in the tunnel) but after almost 30 minutes of tunnel time between last night and this morning I'm feeling pretty good with how I'm flying. The only downside I feel is my lower back; it is rather unhappy with me at the moment... to the point that I had to sit out a couple turns this morning cuz I just couldn't arch anymore!

My final two minutes were spent doing a two way with Mary. WFFC got a few pics of that with my camera; will post when I get to my work 'puter where I can download them.

Stay away from wind tunnels. You don't want to end up selling your body on International Drive in Orlando or in downtown Perris to pay for your next hit... Trust me, it would be way too easy to get to that point. :ph34r:

Singed up last week for my first hour in the Perris tunnel next month with the Freefly Mega Center guys. Can't freakin' wait! I'm sure I'll be fiendin' hard for more. What's a kidney go for on the black market these days? You only NEED one, right? ;)
Arizona Drive 4-Way VFS - www.DriveVFS.com

Yeah, Amy and I did the Meeker Monday thing again at Perris. I ended up with 22 minutes of tunnel time for $110ish. My back is killing me now. We did some 3-ways that must have turned 60 points in 2 minutes - and we were purposely going slow.

I had trouble even flying for that long; the muscles in my back are giving out. And I'm used to two minute freefalls at fast fallrates! Amy was running out of steam after 4 consecutive minutes at a time in the tunnel.

At some point I want to get one of my slow suits and practice slow-fall; see how slow I can get. A very useful talent to have for both AFF and big-ways.

At some point I want to get one of my slow suits and practice slow-fall

I was wearing my slower suit (both of my RW suits became slow suits after losing 20-pounds). I'd like to get in there with a tight slick suit and a weight belt and feel the difference; seems to me that mantis would be easier to fly with a faster fallrate.

"(I think that's gonna take hours and hours in the tunnel) "

:D:D:D:D

One more week to go before we're in Orlando and training in the thing...... I'm hoping to get quite a few hours with my teammates. I'm sad I missed timed it and missed watching the 140 ways though

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

I know how you feel, I have well over 3 hours of tunnel time and every minute was well spent. I learned mantis from Eliana (when she worked in Orlando) and Boxman. Lots of fun and I'm a waaay better flyer because of it. You can't say 'I'm not back sliding, you are!' in the tunnel.

I was goofing around with a couple friends in the tunnel and one went under me. I whipped around and got to the other side of the tunnel without thinking. I realized then that I could do things in the air just by thinking and I had the muscle memory to make it happen :) It was a happy moment.

'This one time, at tunnel camp....'

You don't want to end up selling your body on International Drive in Orlando or in downtown Perris to pay for your next hit... Trust me, it would be way too easy to get to that point. :ph34r:

teehee. I'm working at a grocery store to pay off the money I owe to international drive. 7 hours in tehre coached adds up DAMN fast!

WFFC got a few pics of that with my camera; will post when I get to my work 'puter where I can download them.

'Kay, here's a few.

005 and 006 are me and Mary (flyangel2).

008 is WFFC, Mary, Dave (Mary's friend) and Tanya (WFFC's g/f) goofin' for the camera on our way outta there.

3a is me working on arm turns with Olaf.

4 is me and Olaf again.

10 is me, Mar and Tanya with the crack house.

Hey Bytch!

When I was down there with you guys I did 68 minutes in the tunnel in two days. It rocked. I did not want to leave either!:D

I was so hooked I tried to convince a friend with enough dough that we should open a wind tunnel here in Columbus. Even offered to work for him free and still pay my own tunnel time if it would get him to invest[:/]. I need more tunnel. Where's my tunnelB|

Crack - crack??!? If only it were crack then maybe I could get control of my life. It is more expensive and more addictive than crack. I've *seriously* considered seeking therapy. Most of my dreams are about skydiving or being in the tunnel. I did 10 hours coached at the start of the year all RW and am considering doing another 10 hours freefly in there this summer. Anyone want to buy a beautiful little Mazda Mx5 (I thikn they're called Miata's in the USA) off me??? Who needs a car anyway! Really. I've just sold my house to fund full time skydiving for the next year. My whuffo girlfriend is not exactly ecstatic about it. AAAAHHHH STOP THE VOICES - HELP ME PLEASE I NEED HELP!!!

Totally know the tunnel=crack feeling! After my first time in the tunnel last winter, I wanted to become a tunnel rat. Then AndyMan and I went just this past January and worked with Olaf, too. He kicks ass! Unfortunately, there were several times when I was literally kicking his ass and other parts of him when we were playing the "chase me around the tunnel and touch this point" game... :$ :D

_Pm
__
"Scared of love, love and aeroplanes...falling out, I said takes no brains." -- Andy Partridge (XTC)

Yes the tunnel is almost as addictive as skydiving itself. I did an hour of tunnel time in Orlando last fall during AFF after failing a few levels (well okay after failing 6 times in a row) and then rocked through all my AFF and A license stuff. I’m hitting the Perris tunnel in early May when I’m in that part of the country. I’ll do 15 minutes of coached time to get my mantis down and then 10 minutes of play time with a friend that is going out too.

I think it is the best training tool ever invented! I encourage anyone to hit the tunnel weather you are an experienced skydiver or a novice it is great!

My problem is not selling stuff to find skydiving and tunnel money it playing hooky from work to go skydiving. It’s gonna cost me my job one of these days!
"We've been looking for the enemy for some time now. We've finally found him. We're surrounded. That simplifies things." CP

I did 30 minutes in the orlando tunnel with the same coach. He was awesome. I only had about 18 jumps when I got into the tunnel. I could barely fly at all since most of my jumps were static line at the time. After 15 minutes in the I could do almost anything I wanted. The second 15 minutes I spent trying to learn how to sit. Did pretty good for my first time. The tunnel is a very good teacher for all new skydivers I think. Wish every DZ could have thier own.

Hey Lisa, turns out Dave and I booked some more time before we leave on Monday. It was really easy, just make that phone call and Dave and I are flying again with Olaf Sunday night after we are released from the dives at Z-Hills :)
BTW, what the hell is Michael doing with his hand on my right breast:o
May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds. - Edward Abbey

Stay away from wind tunnels. You don't want to end up selling your body on International Drive in Orlando or in downtown Perris to pay for your next hit... Trust me, it would be way too easy to get to that point. :ph34r:

HEY NOW!!!
Glad your hooked!! Now you know why we love our tunnels so much! But trust me, they are all addictive, not just Orlando & Perris! I'm working on flying in my 7th wind tunnel and can't wait!

Blue Skies & Fast Air!

Im selling my kidney for tunnel time,

Went just for 15 minutes but it was amazing. Fritz was an excellent coach. I didn't do as well as I wanted too but I still learned sooo much. On the way home I finally soaked in what had happend and was ready for more, unfortunately I was 800 miles away =(

Yes I drove 800 no 900 miles for 15 minutes in the tunnel... Yes I am crazy and when I get some more money i'll do it again!

"Like the good book says, he who is without sin shall throw the first rock,
and I shall smoketh it." -Tyrone Biggums

Sean
Sean In Thailand

Once you don't need a coach anymore... try Vertical Velocity... http://www.bodyflight.net/vertical_velocity.html 135mph, not the same kind of air as perris, but still very flyable and fun!!!!
I'm guessing that will save you a couple hundred miles... and block time is much cheaper! Besides then you'll really know if you can fly without falling out... no walls; "That's the way, uh huh uh huh, I like it, uh huh uh huh!"

We're givin away tunnel rat numbers this year at the convention, gotta be able to fly a prop-jobbie though...;)

Yep, it truly does rock, I'm going in August and organising another trip in October. If anyone wants to come please PM me if cos I still have some slots! Is with Gary Beyer and Mark Kirkby from Airspeed, 2 hours for $1,950 over 4 days, only 6 people total in the group so v intense. There's a good reason they call it crack...[:/]
Cheers
Emma