schwede

ZHILLS 2 point 140 WAY

Jump 1 had communication problems so the climb outs and exit were asynchronous.

De-ja-vue huh?:P

It's cause she's saving herself for me.....:$
----------------------------------------------
You're not as good as you think you are. Seriously.

Hurrah... You got up in the air....No completions... I thought you had dirtdived your butts off to get it to work the first time ;)

You'll do it of that I'm certain...

Hope that you have the weather with you during the rest of the days...

Canopy.. Hope that nothing serious happened..
Schwede
"Das Leben ist schön, nicht immer aber immer öfter"

Well, the day started off with a very cold jump. A few problems and then dirt dive and some fixes...
After that was a nother jump that went really well. Then jump number four went great. 134 people on one formation. Jumps five and six went to shit with some different reasons. Tomorrow is a another day and all will be well. No injuries and lots of fun had by all. You take care and look for another post tomorrow night.
Airborne
Blue Skies, No Wind
Feet and Knees Together

Well, the day started off with a very cold jump. A few problems and then dirt dive and some fixes...
After that was a nother jump that went really well. Then jump number four went great. 134 people on one formation. Jumps five and six went to shit with some different reasons. Tomorrow is a another day and all will be well. No injuries and lots of fun had by all. You take care and look for another post tomorrow night.

I'll add: the 134 was a completion, but only one point.

As an outer whacker connector, it was somewhat frustrating arriving by 11,000ft and finding one or two people from the center already low. I only had one opportunity to dock, and that was on the dive that completed.

Tomorrow we will be live on the Today Show (NBC) sometime before 9:00a.m. EDT.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

De-ja-vue huh?:P

It's cause she's saving herself for me.....:$

I never give up!

I caught the segment this morning and thought that it was good. TK did a great job talking to the anchors. They only showed video of the breakoff, but I thought that it looked good.

Good luck!

kristen
swooo #3 MB #3587 P.M.S. #66
"so let go, jump in...what're you waiting for? it's all right 'cause there's beauty in the breakdown"

I caught the segment this morning and thought that it was good. TK did a great job talking to the anchors. They only showed video of the breakoff, but I thought that it looked good.

Good luck!

Well, that jump was a completion of the first point so I guess having it on live TV was a bonus.

We did 5 today, and we completed one point on 3 of them, I believe. Still didn't manage the transition, due to fall rate issues between the inside and outside of the formation.

I ended the day at the end of an outer whacker at the 6 O'Clock position, just around the corner from Mary.

If it were easy it would have been done already!

That's awesome that they were on the Today Show.

If anyone who recorded that can upload video of it, I'm probably not the only one who would love to watch it. Giddyup and Thanks.

The FAKE KRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMER!!!!!!!!!

Well, we did it. A two point 121 way. All the "Big Guns" left (Big names, Big Attitudes) and the support team (Outstanding Job well done) stepped in and kick its ass. It flew sweet and looked (from the inside docked off the base) GREAT. Sorry for the delay. Had to catch up on some much needed rest. Sorry that you could not make it. A GREAT time was had by all.
Airborne
Blue Skies, No Wind
Feet and Knees Together

Well, we did it. A two point 121 way. All the "Big Guns" left (Big names, Big Attitudes)

I would not go that far. It was well into the afternoon, and some people left due to long travel times back home...One jumper that I know of left and drove home without a stop and made it to back just in time to go to work at 6AM.

Also, the dive before that was a 60 way funnel with folks at all different levels and people tracking with people above, beside, and below them in a cloud. That is scary shit, and I would not blame anyone for saying enough was enough. One very experienced jumper was shaking like a leaf when she landed, saying that it was the scariest skydive she had ever been on. Lets not forget that the #1 thing in this sport is survival, not world records.

That being said it was a very Cinderella story. After around 20 attempts and the last one being a disaster. Some of the "A" team had to leave, or got scared (Which I don't blame them). They pulled I think 15-16 people from the bench and on the first jump together and the last attempt they built a solid 121 way and got both points...Several people said it was the smoothest flying formation they had ever been on.

When the chips were down and with 2 strikes and two outs...The team called up the reserves snd pulled it together and knocked one out of the park.

Good job to all.
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." -- Thomas Jefferson, Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

That jump through the cloud Sunday was pretty damn scary from the ground. I just remember seeing the formation disappear into the cloud (that they drifted into) and seeing everyone coming out the bottom of the cloud, still very close together and alot closer to the ground. YIKES ~

I can't even imagine having been one of the people up there but everything happens for a reason. Good for some, sad for others. Kudos to them ALL!

Dreams become reality, one choice at a time...

The unsung heroes here are the support team. Those people were out there at 7:30am and doing 5 jumps a day with the possibility that they might not even get on. They worked their butts off.

Also, support team captain Mike Woods had the option of getting on the record and, instead, insisted that his people on the support team get first chance. B|

The unsung heroes here are the support team.

No, I sung their praises. They really do deserve a large chunk of the credit. One jumper on the support team had asked for months to get a slot...She showed up anyway and joined the support team. She performed very well and got put on the record dives....The best part is she docked one over from the captain that would not give her a slot.:)
The WHOLE team did well, from the pilots (One of which had a very quick class on large formation flying) to the people that stuck it out for the whole camp. And particularly the bench team that when they were called did a fantastic job!

Also, support team captain Mike Woods had the option of getting on the record and, instead, insisted that his people on the support team get first chance

Mike is truly classy. Except for that damn air horn of his.

Events like this are a great way to let people who have never done a big way the opportunity to get one. Derrick gave me my shot back in 1996, and I am glad that others got their shot last week.
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." -- Thomas Jefferson, Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

Well, we did it. A two point 121 way. All the "Big Guns" left (Big names, Big Attitudes) and the support team (Outstanding Job well done) stepped in and kick its ass. It flew sweet and looked (from the inside docked off the base) GREAT. Sorry for the delay. Had to catch up on some much needed rest. Sorry that you could not make it. A GREAT time was had by all.

Congratulations! That is so cool! I had to leave at 2:00p with a 16 hour non-stop drive back to Chicago so's I could be at work today. Wish I could'a stayed.

Pictures????

Hey,

All I have to say is: WHAT A ENDING!!!

This event had a lot of drama. All big way events have some politics, some bad weather, some hero's, and some zero's. This was one was no different.

Of course the real hero's were the bench. These folks should have laughed all the way home. They really pulled it out and I for one was impressed.

The jump before the record was a bad funnel. But if you do big ways your going to have them. Some people, because it was late in the seris took it hard - I did to. My plane captain said one very important thing. "You don't leave the battle with one bullet left in your gun" I'm glad we took the effort to try one more time.

As far as people who left, or sat out the last jump. EVERYBODY in this sport has the right to sit down for whatever reason. PERIOD. No hard feelings. I believe that 98% of the people who left, had to for travel reasons. Congradulation to the 11-13 suport team members that got on.

Hope to see a lot of you folks at the 60 ways next month.

Fortson "Bob"

I was there. I'm sorry I didn't meet more DZ.commers while we were pulling that thing out of our ass.

I saw Cora, and Arlo, and Mary, and Happythoughts, and I wish I had met more. It was hard. Lots of politics and angst.

The last jump was hilarious. I think most of us thought is was a death-defying jump from the previious experience. When it worked so good, I think most of us were surprised. Thanks again to the bench team.

I want to put big, but confused Kudos out to Flyangel2. She had a lot of friends on the support team that got bypassed by ringers and she pulled out in solidarity with them. I love that woman. She cares about her friends and is dedicated to them. If I had known about her position earlier I may have joined her in her statement.

Without me, the jump would surely have failed and taught everybody a lesson! (My doc calls that delusions of grandeur. Whatever)

Anyhow, it was fun. Mostly it was fun seeing people I don't see enough of, but that is more fun at boogies.

I'm a world record holder. I'm lucky, and grateful.

It'll get beat, and I'll be taking pictures next time. Tony Hathaway is the coolest.

JP

Congratulations everyone, and thanks Deuce for representing the talent that Byron is producing :P

How many more record holders do we have now in good old BAS?
Yourself, Kevin, BigTom are added to the already impressive list I assume?

I couldn't find Kevin on the pics for sure, but I sure noticed you representing with the Monkey hat, and BigTom.. just beeing BigTom on the same airplane.

The jump before the record was a bad funnel. But if you do big ways your going to have them. Some people, because it was late in the seris took it hard - I did to. My plane captain said one very important thing. "You don't leave the battle with one bullet left in your gun" I'm glad we took the effort to try one more time.

You know, from the outside whacker I didn't even realize it had funneled (I couldn't see anything beyond Fred's ass). I thought Guy just deployed high because of the cloud.

Oh John, that is so sad...
Glad they made it tooooooooo!!!!
Glad you made it home safe and sound.
Coming to TExas this year?

Well, I had to be at work today. I left ZHills at 2:00pm and got home just after 8 this morning after an all-night drive.

It is indeed sad, but unfortunately I am not yet independently wealthy.

It was great to see you, again, Deuce! Glad to have been able to sneak a minute of your time. :)
Congrats to you and everyone on the record!
Life is short! Break the rules! Forgive quickly! Kiss slowly! Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably. And never regret anything that made you smile.

"It is indeed sad, but unfortunately I am not yet independently wealthy"

That's because you won't vote for the same person twice, John. If you DID. They will start mailing you money. Of course you'll have to change parties. :P

Good to see you again, couldn't find you after the event but thought you were just hiding from me. Glad you made it home, to go to what you call "work"

See you at Pop's

fr