cvfd1399

How much do you weigh without gear on.

From everyones experience does the market have more products for the majority of the people shown in the poll(175-200lbs).

Definately! Especially in the high performance canopy market. The majority of x-braced canopies readily made by folks like PD, Icarus, Precision is a 120sq ft. For a 2.1:1 I need a 135sq ft canopy. Sure some folks will "scale" a canopy, but I'd like to get something that's been tested and proven.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

From my experience, it seems that the majority of people in this sport are 150lbs-200lbs.

Me? I'm roughly 250lbs butt nekid, something about enjoying beer and being an avid weight lifter that does that to your body.:P

Thanks for the visual!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Peace and Blue Skies!
Bonnie ==>Gravity Gear!

5'11, 165 lbs.

I don't have fall rate issues with those from 100 - 220lbs. More than 220, I wear weight.

I'm happy with my gear for my experience level, weight, currency and surface elevation/tempreture.

t
It's the year of the Pig.

135-140 right now.

I'll admit to being around 175 in October of 2002, but I think I weighed more than that. Can't be 100% sure cuz I avoided scales. And cameras.

...and how much does the left one weigh? sorry lisa, someone had to ask. :P

i'm about 197 out of the shower.
"Hang on a sec, the young'uns are throwin' beer cans at a golf cart."
MB4252 TDS699
killing threads since 2001

I wish I could answer your poll but I would have to answer two choices because I am right dead smack on at 200 lbs.

Edit to add: You weight losers are killing me, I down from 213 but I can't seem to lose any more. Maybe if I stopped eating four times a day:S.

Ok so I went to see the doctor, and he ran some body fat, muscle, water percentage tests on me, and prescribed me phentermine(sp?) and a 1700 calorie diet. He said if I do what is required I will loose 100 lbs in 6 months. I get weighed every week, and tested to make sure I am not loosing water, muscle, or bone. Wish me luck it would be great to be able to buy a FF friendly sport rig with out tuna boat canopies!:P

I'll play... 237 right off the shitter in the morning.. I need to lose a good 20 or so..

but then my wing loading would go down and then I'd need new canopies.. [:/] but then I'd finally be in the right range to possibly get into a crossbraced 120 like Aggie was talking about..B| but they cost a lot of money.. [:/] but I'm not really paying for skydives much any more..B| but then I'd want to do a bunch of hop'n'pops.. [:/] but then I'd get proficient and want to downsize..B| but then it'd cost more money.. [:/]

Think I'll just stay fat and on my Stilettos.. :P
chopchop
gotta go... Plaything needs a spanking..

Lotsa Pictures

My two favourite pastimes conflict....terribly
Skydiving and .. Ice Hockey Defenceman

If I slim down....I can start eyeing up that smaller canopy....but suddenly Im getting pushed back on the checks on the rink..

During the season ( thats Hockey) its a constant trade off ....gotta keep...'big' without getting too'big'

aww...its such a hard life ...lol
(220 naked at the moment....but dont think too much about it ...its a horrible vision..lol)

I'm technically overweight but I'll challenge any of those "nutritionists" to a quick six mile run

Yup, according to my BMI, I'm VERY obese, according to my body fat %, I'm "healthy" (last clamping I took put me at about 14%, which isn't great but isn't obese either).

Eitherway, I bet those nutritionists with the perfect BMI can't toss up 315 on the bench for reps or pull 405 on deadlifts for reps.;)B|
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

Currently sitting around the 165lb mark. Desparately trying to put some more on but every time I get stuck working hard and can't make it to the gym it floats off again...>:(

5'11" and trying to make the magic 170lbs naked!:P

Why downsize the canopy when it is cheaper to upsize the body?!

Not one shred of evidence supports the theory that life is serious - look at the platypus.

Eitherway, I bet those nutritionists with the perfect BMI can't toss up 315 on the bench for reps or pull 405 on deadlifts for reps.;)B|

I used to lift weights, but they were way too heavy for me! 200 lbs in the am naked and dehydrated, 6’8” tall!
Experience is what you get when you thought you were going to get something else.

AC DZ