Z-Hills...Jack Sh*t

"Here is
a test to find
whether your mission on earth
is finished:
If you're alive,
it isn't."
- Richard Bach, Illusions -

Do you know Jack Sh*t?! I'm just looking for folklore about my dad, Jack Larrison, whose home DZ is/was Z-Hills...when he began the biggest adventure of all in 1999.
Semper Fi

Do you know Jack Sh*t?! I'm just looking for folklore about my dad, Jack Larrison, whose home DZ is/was Z-Hills...when he began the biggest adventure of all in 1999.

This is the wrong forum for this.....

But I will gladly play.

Jack was an amazing man. A good friend. We used to talk about cigars, his homemade wine, and his military time. (He said he had made wine out of onions, but I never really believed him.) He died the day after I shipped out to Basic Training. I didin't know until weeks later when I got a letter from Zhills and they told me.

He sent us a letter one time when he was "away" (You know) and it had a picture of this big beefy black guy with an afro. The letter said he had been lifting and working on his tan. He aslo included some money and bought a case of beer at the DZ.

Classy.

"If our friendship depends on space and time, then when we finally overcome space and time, we've destroyed our own brotherhood. But overcome space, and all you have left is Here. Overcome time and all you have left is Now. And in the middle of Here and Now, don't you think that we might see each other once or twice?"

Bach
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." -- Thomas Jefferson, Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

I used to jump with your dad also. I was at the dz with the parking-lot-locals his last day. He used to hang at the bar and talk about skydiving while he smoked a cigar.

I was at the bar when the letter arrived with the money to buy a case of beer. His letter stated that he owed beer. We mailed him a video tape of all of us drinking his beer, some boobies, and other stuff. He didn't get to see it until later.

Thank you both, Ron & happythoughts, for letting me know my dad is not forgotten. I'm the youngest of his 3 girls. We bought beer for the DZ on behalf of dad, b/c we figured he owed beer...it was his 1st bounce. His memorial jump the following wkend was awesome & it meant a lot to our family.

Your words made me smile & laugh...describing my dad perfectly! B| I think even his muffs were adorned w/ cigars. (In fact, my sisters & I put dad in the humidor we bought him for his 50th birthday.) Berries, yes, but I don't remember him making wine out of onions while I helped bottle & cork the wine. I know dad enjoyed the letters & etc he received from the DZ crew while he was at "camp" (that's what we called it). I think I still have the picture of dark afro dad. He bought me a drink for my 21st birthday, even though he was still in camp...dad mailed me a winning soda cap for a free drink (but no alcohol included). He always made the best of everything & learned to work the system...whatever that may be.

Life is not a dress rehearsal.
Semper Fi

I did at least a couple hundred jumps with your Dad as an organizer and we developed a personal friendship. I also drank a lot of beers with him and smoked a few cigars.(I hate cigars but I tried to see his thing about them)
I remember his time away and stayed in touch with him while he was away.
I gained great respect for your Dad and considered him one of my best friends. We spent lots of time on the ground talking and lots of time in the air skydiving.
If you'd like to talk, send me PM and I'll give you my number.
I loved your Pa.