zulu

Your most memorable instructor

JE was and is. I went through a JM course JE put on back in Kansas City years ago. He seemed like a real hardnose at first but I soon learned he cared about me, all students and skydivers and wanted the best for and out of me.

As I became more experienced my respect continued to grow as I learned how much he knew, can do, and how much he cares. Blue Sky to the best!

rw2go
Fly Brother Fly

My most memorable instructor is still working as a full time Rigger and Instructor in the Kansas City area - and Instructing at Kansas State University parachute club. David Peuster, I'm sure some of you know him.
Ever since I figured out that I wanted to be an instructor, I've been watching as many JM's and Instructors as I can. It's amazing to me to see all the different teaching techniques. Dave (AKA Rigger Dave) always stuck out in my mind because of the way he treats people and make his students feel comfortable. He can just "connect" with the student and work with them Like I have seen no other do. He always does stuff his own way, and as I've thrown my Practice SL's and prepared for an upcoming SL course (with J.E.) he's helped me really find my own methods and ways of connecting to students. When I was going through student progression, there were many students who would wait for Dave to show up to jump. Good guy, and one hell of a rigger (AND GEAR DEALER!!) ....

Edited for Grammer Only..:)
=========Shaun ==========

Bob Neely...he is sorely missed

Bromo sure is! I didn't know him well as I only talked to him twice when I was goin' thru AFF and then his unfortunate incident happened right before I was done. One of his skydiving and base students did half my AFF's and became my base mentor so I feel almost as if I knew Bromo very well.

Problems just be opportunities in der workin' clothes.

Couldn't agree more with your picks. I would have to ad Gary, Stu, Alex, and the ultimate Große Schmetterlinge: Uli.
I made a point to never request any specific instructor, which lead me t realize they all have so much to teach in their own way. Props to all of them...

"For once you have tasted Absinthe you will walk the earth with your eyes turned towards the gutter, for there you have been and there you will long to return."

hey,

been to perris last may for 6 aff jumps, and had a great time there. totally agree with the 2 perris posters above, though i didnt jump with all of the mentioned JM's.

- sherry owns the place, no matter what :-) she did our ground school, and i did aff 4 with her. couldnt imagine of anyone better to jump with.

- gary-man is an amazingly cool and funny guy + a great jm as welll, + became a good friend :-)

- andy also a great person, and very good and calm instructor (hope you got your pc problems solved by now hehe)

- kai & uli, well no comments needed, they re german, they own anyways :-) no seriously i think they bring very much calmness and an unbelievable amount of experience....very cool guys.

anyways, u perris jumpers above in this thread, please say hello to all of those staff guys at perris, hope they still remember me.
if someone could get gary's email adress, or could tell him to get in touch with me with my email here would own! :-) i lost hist email on the way home to .de ;-)

blue skies

Thorsten

[email protected]

Kris Bagwell- "Aaand this is how you close your slider"

Roger Nelson for teaching me to Smile, Take a deep breath, Exhale and melt

Missy Nelson for always being super enthusiastic, taking her helmet off while under canopy to tell her camera I did a good job(watched later on my AFP video) and still teaching me

Dave C- Made sure I finished AFP

Kirk S - Made sure I stayed in AFP and taught me a lot about equipment

I can't just have one memorable one, they all are/were great. Thanks to each one!

Chris

--"Someday you will die and somehow somethings going to steal your carbon" -MM

Bob 'Fedo' Federman..(Mentor-Natl. Champ)

Red Kosteba..(First Jump)

Jim Baron..(Learned more from Jimmy than all the
sky divers I've ever Known combined

Roger Nelson..a true legend, they broke the mold...

Tommie Dolphin..(Still learning from Tommie)

D