skydiverek

Close Call VIDEOS here!

There are a few close call videos under the link below. The website is in French, but just click on an icon that looks like 'film frames' to watch it. Also, if you click on "ARCHIVES", it's gonna give you access to even more clips. Enjoy!

Here is the link:

http://www.para-net.org/paramag/archives/directlive/direct201/direct.html

:o

did anyone else watch "le mange INFERNAL"
I speak no french but I'd bet its close to "the student from hell" I watched it once and thought at first it was a demonstration of an intentional spin in freefly .. then when I realised the AFF instructor (or french equivelant of an AFF) was fighting to save the studnet... scary .. but it almost looks intentional..

Good Judgment comes from experience...a lot of experience comes from bad
judgment.

Yeah, I caught that. Pretty scary. I have no idea what that's like, but it's really eye-opening. How often does that happen...anybody? I really need to stop watching malfunction/cutaway/BASE videos...or do I need to watch more?

By no means have I conquered fear, but I have knocked the crap out of it.

I watched it. I had no idea they were going low until I saw the 2 canopies out. It was a total shock. What I like about this video is that it demonstrates how easy it is to lose altitude awareness.
As I watched the video, I was fixated on the student just like the instructor and didn't even see the ground coming!:o
I think every instructor should watch this video.

Also, if you are that low, maybe it's a good idea to go straight for silver (especially with a cypres)!;)

Actually it means : the infernal Merry-go-Round...
the explanation in the text is : the guy came back jumping after a 2-3 year layoff, had around 60 jumps, coming from classic formation (Static Line). The instructor never found out why the student went to this spiral... And it seems that once the instructor holds him the 1st time, the student tries to escape.
Close to the end, the student pulls his hand deploy, but keeps it in the hand. (like if it was a ripcord...) the instructor pulls for himself and gets 2 out, at least the student didn't have to repack his main
:P[:/]
scissors beat paper, paper beat rock, rock beat wingsuit - KarlM

ever heard a Cypres fire ???
you see him under a white canopy in the video...
he survived it, so did the instructor under 2 canopies, as you can see, not much time between opening and landing in the peas.. errrr trees
and hopefully there were the trees, cause the students reserve was very twisted and the trees smoothened the crash landind...

-Yeah , been with a few killer Affs and have done the "will never happen to me " bs and it nearly has!!
I do not agree with or feel that rsl devices should be on gear at any stage but certainly feel that Cypres should be mandatory for low time or inexperienced jumpers as it is in Australia. Apart from Tandem equipment I have personally never jumped with a cypres but have seen it saving more than one life whilst acting as a jm. BSBD! -Mark.

"A Scar is just a Tattoo with a story!!!"

The original one, or any video clip that the guys often attach. I can't seem to get into skydivingmovies.com either ....mmmm grrrrr>:([:/]

"Most of us can read the writing on the wall; we just assume it's
addressed to someone else!" Ivern Ball

ok, so when you clicky on the Para-net etc link, you arrive on the web page... Then in the upper left side, there is THIS:
Séquences
QuickTime -->
Vous devez disposer
du plug-in QuickTime.
Pour le télévharger
cliquez ICI.

when you click on the box looking like a tape, you should have a pop-up window with the movie playing. If not (you don't have quicktime ??) click on ICI to download quicktime, then install, restart and try again...

Thanks! :$ I need to make a serious effort to understand technical things, this packing thing is just not gonna get me through enough .... unless of course you are close by and explain the concepts to me ... :)

"Most of us can read the writing on the wall; we just assume it's
addressed to someone else!" Ivern Ball