pkasdorf

USPA recommended Medical Statement

The SIM 2004 states:

C. Medical requirements [NW]

1. All persons engaging in skydiving must:

a. Carry a valid Class 1, 2, or 3 Federal Aviation Administration Medical Certificate; or

b. Carry a certificate of physical fitness for skydiving from a registered physician; or

c. Have completed the USPA recommended medical statement.

Where can I read it? What requirements does it include?

HISPA # 18 POPS # 8757

Yep, as simple as that. . .

That is pretty much what Kris (Nightngale) was saying. . .When you jump in the US, the DZ you jump at will have you sign a lot of stuff, one being a medical statement that says you are in good health. . .basically making you take responsibility for being healthy enough to jump. It's as simple as that. . .
FGF #6
Darcy

The SIM 2004 states:

C. Medical requirements [NW]

1. All persons engaging in skydiving must:

a. Carry a valid Class 1, 2, or 3 Federal Aviation Administration Medical Certificate; or

b. Carry a certificate of physical fitness for skydiving from a registered physician; or

c. Have completed the USPA recommended medical statement.

Where can I read it? What requirements does it include?

USPA Statement of Medical Fitness

"I represent and warrant that I have no known physical or mental infirmities that would impair my ability to participate in skydiving, or if I do have any such infirmities, that they have been or are being successfully treated so that they do not represent any foreseeable risk while skydiving. "I also represent and warrant that I am not taking any medications or substances, prescription, or otherwise, that would impair my ability to participate in skydiving."

This is normally in the waiver you sign. You do read those, right?

-
DiveMaker

I do read what I sign but I haven't had the chance to read this waiver since I do not jump in the US as you can see from my profile and from a previous post!!! Thank you anyway, DiveMaker...

sorry I missed that you were not a US jumper.

but you are the first person [case of beer] that has admitted to reading all those waiver forms.

Guess I shudda put a lilttle smile face-thingy on the comment.

I would like to know, did I answer your questions of "Where can I read it? What requirements does it include?"

There were several other answers that contradicted me, just want to know if I'm doing my job to your satisfaction as a National Director.

-
DiveMaker