kemaljump

PD Optimum 143 reserve in Javelin Odyssey NJK...??? Safely fits or not?

Hi guys....
I have my own pd optimum143 in TJNK, But I want smaller harness container (javelin odyssey) that I would like to buy NJK... I wonder about if my optimum143 fits or not to NJK....? Would you experienced riggers or guys who packed and tried this before reply to me, that if PD Optimum 143 safely fits in Javein Odyssey NJK or not?
Thanks for your interests and replies...
blue skies...

kemaljump

Hi guys....
I have my own pd optimum143 in TJNK, But I want smaller harness container (javelin odyssey) that I would like to buy NJK... I wonder about if my optimum143 fits or not to NJK....? Would you experienced riggers or guys who packed and tried this before reply to me, that if PD Optimum 143 safely fits in Javein Odyssey NJK or not?
Thanks for your interests and replies...
blue skies...

Call or email Sun Path. They'll be happy to tell you.

B9

:)
good idea... why could not I think about that...!!!! dont be comic please "bravoniner"... ofcourse I asked that to them.. but they answer to me in very very safe answers and ideal harness container for optimum143 which would be TJNK or DNKY.. but they are big for me... Just I am trying to learn from the experienced skydivers or riggers (not beginners and novince) that if any one tried "optimum143 in NJK" and it works safely or not? but at least thanks for your reply even though you are new on this skydiving and topic...

Is it you are just asking here to try and justify any decisions ?. You called the manufacturer they give you answers that you don't like and so start asking here instead.

Of course you can probably cram something in there but it probably won't look good and may have other issues. Hence the advice from Sunpath.

Listen to what they are telling you, if you want a smaller container then get a smaller reserve that is appropriate.

kemaljump

:)
good idea... why could not I think about that...!!!! dont be comic please "bravoniner"... ofcourse I asked that to them.. but they answer to me in very very safe answers and ideal harness container for optimum143 which would be TJNK or DNKY.. but they are big for me... Just I am trying to learn from the experienced skydivers or riggers (not beginners and novince) that if any one tried "optimum143 in NJK" and it works safely or not? but at least thanks for your reply even though you are new on this skydiving and topic...

Serious question - why is a container with an optimum 143 too big? You're clearly experienced enough to know the pack size is separate to the harness fit, so I'm really curious.
Experienced jumper - someone who has made mistakes more often than I have and lived.

Thanks to "skytribe" and "nigel99" for the replies.... first of all, that is true that I should downsize the reserve to the "optimum126" so it would be allright for NJK and I really think about it to do... just I tried to learn for this and asked this question, because I have already my own reserve optimum143 which is very new (DOM: 2011) and I did not want to sell it and pay one more time for the smaller new reserve, and not loosing time etc..... and second (answer for nigel99), it is big because that, just it is my choice, I like smaller container, looks better and comfortable. And,I did not mean "harness" fitting, I meant the fitting of packing volume of the optimum143 for the (reserve) container NJK... (I clearly know about my harness fitting that is my MLW=18 and my yoke=C).. I guess this misunderstanding is because of my poor english... blue skies...

kemaljump

Thanks to "skytribe" and "nigel99" for the replies.... first of all, that is true that I should downsize the reserve to the "optimum126" so it would be allright for NJK and I really think about it to do... just I tried to learn for this and asked this question, because I have already my own reserve optimum143 which is very new (DOM: 2011) and I did not want to sell it and pay one more time for the smaller new reserve, and not loosing time etc..... and second (answer for nigel99), it is big because that, just it is my choice, I like smaller container, looks better and comfortable. And,I did not mean "harness" fitting, I meant the fitting of packing volume of the optimum143 for the (reserve) container NJK... (I clearly know about my harness fitting that is my MLW=18 and my yoke=C).. I guess this misunderstanding is because of my poor english... blue skies...

No your english is fine, I was just interested in you reasons.
Experienced jumper - someone who has made mistakes more often than I have and lived.

but they answer to me in very very safe answers and ideal harness container for optimum143 which would be TJNK or DNKY.. but they are big for me

We wouldn't want to be very very safe now would we :S
We're not fucking flying airplanes are we, no we're flying a glorified kite with no power and it should be flown like one! - Stratostar