Reginald

Funny landing video...

Okay it was a bad landing...on video... Everyone at my DZ is laughing at me so we may as well get the rest of the skydiving world in on it.

It’s not just the I screwed up the landing but I would have hit the peas dead center if only...

http://www.heyrobin.com/skydiver_bs/ron_lands.wmv

Go ahead and laugh; I did!
"We've been looking for the enemy for some time now. We've finally found him. We're surrounded. That simplifies things." CP

You're right, that IS funny!

I'm very glad you were ok, though! Did you learn anything from your landing and debrief of your landing? Its very important that you learn from things like this, it will only make you a better skydiver. Once again, I'm very glad you're ok, that's the sort of landing that can break things or torque joints.

Oh, incase you didn't know, there IS a forcefield around the pea pit to keep low time jumpers out of it.;):P:P
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

I cant watch the video cause I have a crappy computer. On a similar note, I had my worst landing yet on sunday, and that's pretty hard considering I still havent stood up a landing yet. Before the jump I was talking to the guy who ended up being my TA, and he knew I really wanted to have my first stand up landing, so as hes bringing me in, I flared, was near the ground so he yells "now run!!!" so I start kicking my legs mid air, trying to run, feet hit the ground, I trip and face plant. I got up laughing my ass off, and he comes over laughing and simply says "well, it was a nice face plant anyway!". Later, an experienced skydiver asked me how my landing went because he didnt get to watch it (and knew i was really trying to stand it up this time), my first thought was 'thank god he missed it!'. Next time I'll get it right!
www.TerminalSports.com.auAustralia's largest skydive gear store

That is a good example of a VERY common landing error. I see it all the time by students and even non-students. I bet if you had been asked, without seeing the video, you wouldn't have been aware of the difference in action of your right and left hands.

-- Jeff
My Skydiving History

Did you learn anything from your landing and debrief of your landing?

Yep, I learned don’t waive to the camera in mid flair! ;)
Seriously, I talked to a couple of people about it and got some input. Most of it goes back to FJC. Flair smooth and even with both hands….not just one. If I had buried that left toggle instead of waiving my hand above my head I probably would have pulled it out no problem.

I’m getting a lot of video right now - probably half of my jumps. It really helps with the learning curve. I would have never known what I did on this one if not for the video, as embarrassing as it is.
"We've been looking for the enemy for some time now. We've finally found him. We're surrounded. That simplifies things." CP

Funny stuff there. . .hope to see you doing a little better this weekend when you are out here at Elsinore. I will have all those whuffo girls with me watching so you need to show off a little for them.B| I mean, I don't want them to get scared and I need all the free jump tickets I can get. . .;)

Looking forward to seeing you soon!
FGF #6
Darcy

It was a really nice try of hitting the pea's. Better luck next time. Blue skies.

true, dat. Don't discount it.

It's especially true 'cause that was what, your second or third time to jump your new rig? Shows you were paying attention and using what you've learned. If it wasn't for that repulser field generator buried in the peas, you'd-a nailed 'em.

Hey. Pretty much everyone on the planet has a few landings like that in their closet. Taint nuthin' but a growin' pain.

(Not everyone, however, has a great friend like me to post videos of them on the internet though... lol).
“There are more things in Heaven and Earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophies.”

If it wasn't for that repulser field generator buried in the peas, you'd-a nailed 'em.
reply]

I knew it! I knew there was a reason why you had to come straight in downwind or hook it in to break through the force.

--------------------------------------------------
In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock. ~ Thomas Jefferson

That looks like one of my BEST landings on a GOOD day. [:/]:P

In that case I think you need to get back in the air, Ivan.
That number of jumps hasnt budged since I joined the forum as Blahr a year ago.

Come to CK tomorrow and I'll buy you a jump B|
(This offer ONLY applies to Ivan folks ;))
Cant stand to see a fellow IT guy grounded for so long!
__

My mighty steed

In that case I think you need to get back in the air, Ivan.
That number of jumps hasnt budged since I joined the forum as Blahr a year ago.

Come to CK tomorrow and I'll buy you a jump

I know...but the weather has been a tad naughty around this area, and my company "forgot" to pay me, >:(, so hopefully this coming weekend I'll be back poluting the air.:)

If yer gonna fall..... DON'T REACH FOR THE GROUND!

When you practiced PLF's, was the second point of contact your hands? No!

Reaching for the ground like you did is a good way to sprain a or break a wrist.

If you think you're gonna "go down", go with it. Tuck in, and turn your fall into a roll. You'll thank me some day.

Oh, btw - funny video! ;)

_Am
__

You put the fun in "funnel" - craichead.

I know...but the weather has been a tad naughty around this area, and my company "forgot" to pay me, , so hopefully this coming weekend I'll be back poluting the air.

Hey Ivan,
Some of us are taking off on Friday to jump. Since your company "forgot" to pay you, maybe you can "forget" to go to work.:P Come play in the sky with us. I too am bored seeing the same jump number in your profile.

I know...but the weather has been a tad naughty around this area, and my company "forgot" to pay me, , so hopefully this coming weekend I'll be back poluting the air.

Hey Ivan,
Some of us are taking off on Friday to jump. Since your company "forgot" to pay you, maybe you can "forget" to go to work.:P Come play in the sky with us. I too am bored seeing the same jump number in your profile.

How bout you ALL blow off work tomorrow and come do jump #100 with me at CK :-)
If we get a full boatload I'm sure they will fire up one of the big rides;)
__

My mighty steed

Hey Ivan,
Some of us are taking off on Friday to jump. Since your company "forgot" to pay you, maybe you can "forget" to go to work. Come play in the sky with us. I too am bored seeing the same jump number in your profile.

How bout you ALL blow off work tomorrow and come do jump #100 with me at CK :-)
If we get a full boatload I'm sure they will fire up one of the big rides

Oh that's not fair. I can't take off tomorrow. But congratulations on your soon-to-be 100th jump. I just celebrated mine and I some very important advice:

Trust no one. You will be lulled into a false sense of security, then BAM. When you least expect it, a pie will hit you right in the face.

If you are serious about avoiding such a situation, then I would advise against making the following announcement, "No one would ever have the balls to pie me!!!" Trust me, there will be many that will be willing to prove you wrong. [:/]
Have a great jump!

Oh that's not fair. I can't take off tomorrow. But congratulations on your soon-to-be 100th jump. I just celebrated mine and I some very important advice:

Trust no one. You will be lulled into a false sense of security, then BAM. When you least expect it, a pie will hit you right in the face.

If you are serious about avoiding such a situation, then I would advise against making the following announcement, "No one would ever have the balls to pie me!!!" Trust me, there will be many that will be willing to prove you wrong. [:/]
Have a great jump!

No problem. I LIKE pie B|

Due to a very long layoff, its taken me 15 years to get to 100. I'd feel cheated if I didnt get pied;)

Actually my plan is to go to Hazleton on Saturday for #100. But if the weather goes south ill do it at CK instead.

NOBODY WOULD HAVE THE BALLS TO PIE ME!!!

Oops, this thread has been highjacked.
__

My mighty steed